On 21.07.20 23:40, Victor Echavarry wrote:
> Does anybody has an IBM z/15 running z/Linux SLES 11 SP4
> kernel-default-3.0.101-108.87.1? we are in a middle of migration from SLES 11
> to 12 that supposed to finish at the end of year. Our company buy a z/15 and
> we want to know is the SLES 11 runs on the z/15 to finish the migration.

The combination of distros and hardware that was tested by IBM and/or the
distribution parter can be found here
https://www.ibm.com/it-infrastructure/z/os/linux-tested-platforms.
As you can see SLES11 was not tested with z15. Reason was that SLES11 was
already end of life (march 2019) when z15 went GA (see
https://www.suse.com/lifecycle/) and only extended support contracts are
available.
FWIW, if the planned software already supports SLES15, I would encourage you to
switch to SLES15SP2 instead of SLES12. EOL for SLES12 is 2024 and EOL for
SLES15 is 2028. But you need to double check that all dependencies are
available for SLES15.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390