Hello Mark,

Yes, that is what I meant.
Is there a way to increase zLinux capacity without buying physical IFL on
Mainframe? Can I make use of LPAR and zVM virtualization features to
achieve this?

I already learnt that enabling SMT on zVM doubled our vCPU count (from 4 to
8) on Hypervisor. After enabling the feature, CPU utilization On Mainframe
dropped from 95% to 60%.  On the other hand, I'm wondering if it negatively
affected single threaded workloads?

All the best
Mariusz