On 01.12.20 12:07, Richard J Moore wrote:
> Is that really possible (KVM guest <-> z/VM guest)?
> As far as I am aware the KVM and zVM hypervisors share no metadata
> regarding the guest's set up. Nor do they share any of the protocols used
> in live (or dead) guest relocation.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the question?

I was not talking about live migration. I was more talking about:
site A: graceful shutdoen
size B: IPL

and this is possible as long as the dasd is available on both sides
and your network routing can tolerate this (or the guest can
tolerate to be in different networks depending on the IPL).

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390