From: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> on behalf of Mark Post
<mp...@suse.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2022 3:05 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
Subject: Open Mainframe Project will be making a z15 available for all Open
Source projects

Cross-posted to Linux-390, IBMVM, and IBM-Main

At the Linux Foundation's Open Mainframe Project meeting this week, it
was announced that beginning in 2023, the OMP will have a z15 available
for any Open Source project that wants to make use of it. According to
the announcement at
https://www.openmainframeproject.org/press/2022/09/21/open-mainframe-announces-new-mainframe
"...this mainframe infrastructure will be available for broad open
source projects as a development, test, and continuous delivery
environment, enabling developers within these communities to be able to
support both z/OS and Linux on s390x."

The z15 will be hosted at Marist College, adding to their already
good-sized menagerie of IBM Z hardware. The hardware is being donated by
Broadcom Mainframe Software Division.

While we've had similar resources available for Linux-based OSS projects
for some time, this is the first that I'm aware of the availability of
no-cost access to IBM Z hardware for z/OS-based Open Source developers.
It will be interesting to see if any more z/OS-based OSS projects come
along to make use of this.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390