Hi Jim

Really thanks for pointing out.I would like to know more with
some silly doubts please bear it.

> Interupt 19h is the Bootstrap interupt. Loads the 1st secor of the disk
> to 0:7c00
> and a far jump to 0:7c00 if valid boot code does not exist the bios
> issues a int 18h and jumps to Rom basic.

Can you write me more about Rom basic? or you also canpoint out some web tutorial.

> Of course if you use the Bios RomScan.
>
>  During cold-boot, after the POST and installation of all default
> interrupt
>  handlers, BIOS makes a check for external ROMs found on feature cards
>  (boards installed in a PC slot).  This testing is informally called
> ROM-scan.
>
>  External ROM modules may exist between addresses c800:0000 and
> e000:0000.
>  Each 2K block in this range is checked for a signature.

How to put signature in ROM or Linux kernel takes care of  those?
and can you write/point  me more about RomScan of BIOS ?

> > Have any one really burn Linux in EPROM?
> >

> For a pentium ?

Any info would gain my knowledge..pentium is also fine.Please wite me in detail,if
yes.

Regards,
Naushit