On Wed, Jan 27, 1999 at 05:53:51PM -0600, Jon Riekenberg wrote:
> I've got a Redhat 5.2 install.  It came with kernel 2.0.36.  I've been
> trying to upgrade the kernel to 2.2.0, but I can't seem to make it
> work.  I realized the compiled kernel would be bigger than the .5 meg
> limit for LILO, so I did a "make bzImange".  I expected that to resolve
> the "Kernel /boot/vmlinux too big" error in LILO, but it didn't.  I've
> tried building with as many options in modules as possible (to reduce
> kernel size), but everything possible in modules and a "make bzImage,"
> LILO still reports "kernel too big".  What else can I try?

1.  This is *completely* the wrong list for this question.  This list
is for development of ELKS.

2.  Read the documentation.  Specifically, /usr/src/linux/README

3.  Re-read the documentation.  Ponder the paragraph:

    - In order to boot your new kernel, you'll need to copy the kernel
      image (found in /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage after compilation)
      to the place where your regular bootable kernel is found.

dave...