On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, Stephen Bowyer wrote:

> Not that I'm arguing, I agree that the original question was posted
> to the wrong list. But what questions about development for the
> 80286 (such as 286 protected mode)? I've noticed a few discussions
> involving that, which I guess then was totally off-topic.

Well okay.  80286 is possibly okay, but for other ports, for example, the
z80 port, there is a separate list.  The 8086 and 80286 are similar.  The
80386 was a whole new 'generation' of CPU, so it's in a class of it's own.

The simple fact of the matter is that the ELKS (linux-8086) list doesn't
get very much traffic anyway, so it just appears as though many people are
asking for help when it's actually not very many.

Davey