[Alistair Riddoch:]

> As far as I know this has not yet been tried. It may turn out to be
> dificult to fit it into ELKS very small memory footprint.

Hmm... I thought that the MSDOS filesystem should be simple enough to
implement inside a small kernel (well, at least DOS can do it). Just
curious...

Then again, maybe you're right... I just tried pasting the MSDOS code from
the 2.0.30 kernel source into ELKS -- the compiler gave me a `text segment
too large to fit into 16-bit' error message, even after I removed Minix
filesystem support and deleted lots of useless stuff from the MSDOS code
(FAT32, mount options, etc.). Maybe it's just because I was working with
ELKS 0.0.66, where the text segment for the original kernel was almost full
to the brim (63K)...

I'd really like to find out other people's experiences with this (if any).

--
# -*- http://cryogen.com/ror4/ -*- http://wwp.mirabilis.com/8123598 -*-
# pgp -kvc: 1024/89d8686d  0f f4 b4 d9 2e 12 c7 b2  1a 85 bc 12 8f 54 77 f1