Hi Greg.

 >>  1. IBM MDA.
 > no graphics support...

Does that prevent ELKS from using it?

 >>  2. Hercules MDA.
 > you mean the HGCA?

That card was known by so many names, it's incredible. I've met it
labelled HMDA, HGCA, HiMDA, HRGA and HRV, all being physically
identical other than the label stuck to the card...

 >>  3. CGA.
 > 320x200 support doesn't really cut it.

Again, does that prevent ELKS from using it?

 >>  4. EGA.
 >>  5. MCGA.
 >>  6. XGA.
 >>  7. VGA.

 >>  8. Assorted SVGA modes - how many are there now?
 > Some drivers for the ATI mach32 and mach64 chips would be great...

Wouldn't they just...

 >>  9. Tandy 1000 range.
 >> 10. Tandy 2000 range.
 >> 11. DEC Rainbow range.
 >> 12. Olivetti computers ???

For reference, I have in the past set up several boxes as print
servers under Linux, including several with either CGA or MDA video
cards. The video card wasn't a problem since there's no monitor on any
of the boxes in question, and the card's only there to keep the BIOS
quiet.

As I see it, the addition of both basic ethernet and a print spooler
would allow an XT running ELKS to act as a print server as well, thus
providing the first concrete application for ELKS, at least as far as
I can tell...

Best wishes from Riley.

| There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux  |
| else has already done so and is just about to release their patch.   |
 * ftp://ftp.MemAlpha.cx/pub/rhw/Linux
 * http://www.MemAlpha.cx/kernel.versions.html