>> Ummmmmm, are you sure?  We used to run windows 3.0 on amber monochrome
>> monitors at college.
>
>I am also unsure.
>Can someone with a clue speak up?

>> Ummmmmm, are you sure?  We used to run windows 3.0 on amber monochrome
>> monitors at college.
>
>I am also unsure.
>Can someone with a clue speak up?

Check the Linux 2.2.x source tree; in them menu with the framebuffer console
driver, is an option for "MDA multi-headed support" that allows you to use
an MDA as a second video card, for multi-headed support.  I know for a fact
that it says ``monochrome".  I think it says "text-only", but I really have
no clue.  I'd check the source myself, but I just rebooted to play some
Starcraft.

Ross