>ELKS version 0.0.78 has been released and is available from
>ftp://ftp.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pub/elks/elks-0.0.78/. linux.mit.edu currently
>has a full disk which prevented me from uploading there.

I downloaded the images.zip and used RaWrite to pu them on 5 1/4" floppies
from my Win95 machine.  I took them down to the basement and fired up an
old XT clone.  Boot messages appear normal (it identifies 2 floppies and 1
HDD), but when it asks for the root floppy, the drive light never goes off.
 I tried swapping disks and pressing enter, but the system hangs there.
Has anyone else found this?  It may be bad floppies, since the same thing
happened when I tried it on another XT clone.  I'll try it again as soon as
I find two more 5 1/4 disks.
                        -Jeff