I have recently acquired a 286 and am interested in setting it up as a log
host for my firewall.  I want it to run an open source OS, and am
considering either FreeDos or Elks.  The firewall in question is for my
home LAN, on which very little serious work is done, so I can tolerate a
bit of flakiness, so long as it basically works.

Can anyone offer advice: HOWTO's, recommendation for specific version
of kernel, pros & cons of Elks vs. FreeDos, etc.?

Thanks,
Ben
--
    nSLUG       http://www.nslug.ns.ca      [EMAIL PROTECTED]