From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Kerberos Caught In Microsoft's Deadly "Embrace"
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 02:38:37 GMT

"Jeff Szarka" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:56:47 -0000, "Neil"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> :"Mark S. Bilk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> :news:89miqc$rnn$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> :> The "truth" from Microsoft, posted very quickly by its
> :> faithful and diligent servant, Chad Myers.
> :>
> :> On the other hand...
> :
> :My understanding of the Kerberos situation, is that Microsoft have made use
> :of a current aspect of "whitespace" in the spec, to add security
> :information, pertinent to the W2K environment to the ticket.
> :
> :Not fundamentally changing the manner in which Kerberos authenticates, per
> :se, but adding info to an current undefined portion of the ticket, in a
> :similar method to that which they did to "tokens" in the previous NT domain
> :model.
> :
> :Neil
> :
>
> Exactly. They had to change it. What would you rather have? An open
> protocol that is slightly modified or an untested protocol?

This added feature is only used when you have a Win2K Pro <-> Win2K server
exchange. If you have a non-windows client or server (KDC) it doesn't use it.
-Chad

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Linux is a lamer
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 02:41:37 GMT

After a week of playing around with this Corel Linux shit I have gotten my money back
at
the local computer shop. I can't believe that they are trying to sell shit like this.

i agree with others in this club that Linux is really a total waste of time.

My suggestion is save your money, buy Windows and live your life instead of dedicating
it
to trying to make a system run.

What a piece of junk this Linux is.

BOOOOOOBBAAAAAAAAA

------------------------------

From: Matt Gaia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux is a lamer
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:44:38 -0500

<<various win-troll snippings>>

Sounds to me like some kiddie who's disgruntled since he can't figure out
how to use an OS that actually requires you know a bit about computers.
Heh, lamer. :)

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux is it's own worst enemy.
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 02:52:45 GMT

Why don't you refute the guys post instead of throwing spears?

Last time I checked RealPlayer for Linux was way
behind although this may have changed by now.

I don't run Linux cause it sux big time.
I tried it and it looked, ran and installed like
 a piece of software from 1981 so I dumped it.

Many others agree despite what you may think.

pickle_pete

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mr_rupert)
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 02:55:24 GMT

It is so sad when Drestin resorts to bogus identities.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mr_rupert)
Subject: Re: Let's blow this Linux Scam Wide Open!!
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 02:58:58 GMT

It is so sad when Drestin resorts to bogus identities.

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: My Windows 2000 experience
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:03:25 GMT

"John Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:89pd5p$mlb$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >Windows 2000 System File Protection will protect you from an application
> >overwriting or replacing system files
>
> WOW - is it that advanced ? I've never sen a version of UNIX that didn't...

I hope you're not being sarcastic, because I don't believe that any
UN*X variant has any protection from root installing a corrupt or bad version
of lib-foo.1.2 over lib-foo.1.2.

<non-confrontational, sincere>
Of course, I could be wrong... if I am, would you mind telling me how it works?

From: proculous <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:08:39 GMT

Sing it baby! Tell it like it is!!!!

You were lucky that you could get your money back. I hope you burned a
CD to give to your enemies so they can screw up their computers too
just like Linux did to you!!!!!!!!!!

Linux smokes the bone,,,,

proculous

--
I love my kernel. I really do. I hate my girlfriend.I love only Linux.

From: proculous <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 03:11:05 GMT

You make an honest attempt and I respect that. I respect your opinions
Rex .

Proculous

In article <89pprk$dt1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  R.E.Ballard ( Rex Ballard ) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> [...]
> painful to shrink the fonts to a managable size.
>
> > Don't tell me about rendering for
> > Titanic I know the entire story.
>
> > Linux was like the GroundsKeepers at a
> > ballgame. Necessary, but nobody comes to see them.
>
> This is true.  Linux did the rendering (computations for how the
> graphics should be painted onto the camera's display screen), but
> SGI actually provided the display screen itself.  After all, the
> Indio workstations were plotting in 4096 pixel wide formats, for
> wide-screen film presentations.
>
> The other important feature that Linux offered was support for NFS,
> which was really nice since it supported UDP and reduced the number
> of open TCP/IP connections required between the various systems.
>
> > Free Web Access? Try again.
>
> True.  Most of us get very low-cost service (I pay $10/month) for
> unlimited use provided by local or national ISPs.  Others of us
> connect directly to cable modems and function as our own ISPs.
>
> With DSL or Cable, Linux provides my web server, my e-mail, my domain
> name services, my firewall, my news server, and my user identity.
> I even have my own chat services.  What would I need an ISP for?
>
> > Most of those free CD's that come in the
> > mail don't work with Linux.
>
> True.  Of course, the Linux CDs are pretty cheap too.  Who knows,
> in a few more months, AOL may be offering Linux along with the ISP
> functions.
>
> > AOL has a huge user base and to the best of
> > my knowledge does not work with Linux.
>
> Most of the AOL services that are available via internet are available
> to Linux.  On the other hand, many serious users can get the same
> features through independent vendors and ISPs through a simple
> TCP/IP connection.
>
> > Multimedia? Sure, you can run an
> > obsolete version of RealPlayer if you wish.
>
> Actually, the same version available on Windows.  But the Linux
> version doesn't crash the way RealPlayer does after a few Service
> Packs.
>
> > DVD? maybe in the future.
>
> I can get the source from a court filing available through the
> freedom of information act.
>
> Actually, it's pretty easy to get DeCSS, and since the code was
> generated by a norwegian, who didn't sign the nondisclosure and
> didn't pay the $5000 fee, it would be hard to stop anyone from
> going to his site.  Also, DeCSS is published in many other countries
> as well.
>
> However, I can legally purchase a card and software combination that
> is properly licensed and does provide Linux capability.
>
> > Scanners and printers that ordinary folks can
> > afford (non postscript or
> > in the case of scanners non scsi),
>
> Check out SANE with the PPI option.  One of the SCSI drivers
> is actually through the parallel port - compatible with most
> scanners.
>
> As for printers, Ghostscript converts postscript to output suitable
> for most printers.  There are a number of choices, including HP
Deskjet

--
I love my kernel. I really do. I hate my girlfriend.I love only Linux.