From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Giving up on NT (Bob shows his lack of knowledge yet again)
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:57:48 GMT

George Marengo writes:

>>> Of course.

>> So why did you call "facts" a "legal opinion"?

> Just because a Judge gives his legal opinion, it doesn't become fact.

So why did you call a "legal opinion" a "fact"?

>>> No, that's not what I'm saying. The fact is that MS broke the law.

>> Is that what you call a "legal opinion"?

> No, since the decision on record is that they violated U.S. law.

So why did you call that "fact" a "legal opinion"?

>>> That OS/2 is now largely relegated to the also rans being due to
>>> MS's actions isn't.

>> Isn't what?

> Isn't a fact -- please follow the thread.

I am following the thread, George.  Your previous sentence involved the
breaking of the law, thus one could interpret "isn't" to refer to a
non-breaking of the law.

>>> In the Judges findings, that's what he opined.

>> Is that what you call a "fact"?

> It depends on the point of the opinion.

Consider the relevant point of the opinion:  is it a fact?

>>> Very easily. The weather pattern for Southern California generally
>>> brings comes from the north west

>> I'm not familiar with "comes" used as a noun.

> That's your problem.

On what basis do you make that claim, George?

>>> -- what's out there today will shortly get to my house tomorrow.

>> Illogical, given that weather patterns tend to move something like
>> 30 mph, thus you'd need to be able to see 720 miles away.  That's
>> over your horizon.

> You live where I live?

Try the past tense, George.

>>> I have, however, found that my local reports to be very inaccurate.

>> Compared to what some random person thinks?

> Compared to some random person? Yes.

Then I suggest you call the National Weather Service and report the
incompetence of their personnel, George.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Giving up on Tholen
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:00:20 GMT

Jeff Glatt writes:

>> I wonder if borg.com would be interested to know that you've continued
>> making unsubstantiated claims?

> I wonder if the University of Hawaii would be interested to know that
> you're still maintaining that they did not regard your "kook and a
> queer" comment as the least bit offensive?

Where did I allegedly maintain that in the current discussion, Glatt?
Having more reading comprehension problems?

------------------------------

From: George Marengo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:00:22 GMT

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:48:06 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>George Marengo writes [to Bob Germer]:
>
>> You're absolutely correct -- but what does that have to do with the
>> Judges opinion being just that, an opinion?
>
>You called that opinion a fact.

The Judge has opinions, just like I do.  Whether MS's behavior caused
other fallout is an opinion he holds.

>> That's the problem... as well as the technology allows. I can see to
>> the coast, and if the coast is clear -- well, you tell me what today's
>> weather should be like, assuming a west to east pattern.
>
>I had asked you about tomorrow's qeather, George.

I go out in the morning for the day and the late afternoon for
tomorrow. Was that so hard to figure out?

>> I'm referring to a very specific case of the weather in my
>> neighborhood -- not the percentages for the county or area.
>
>And I referred to the weather tomorrow, not today.

See above.

------------------------------

From: "Erna Odelfsan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What should be the outcome of Microsoft antitrust suit.
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:01:28 GMT

> There should be a law that a customer must have a right to buy any PC
> without any operating system installed.
> This will give a customer choice of any OS, or if someone aleady have
> Win on desktop, why he/she have to pay to M$ an additional fee for OS
> on laptop?

   I do not believe laws are the solution to that. Would you like a law
saying that
let's say TV's could not include a let's say components from the company
GTEGRY ?
And I am not advocating Windows in here, just think a law is something very
complex to apply, the market decides, if you want the computers from shop A
with
no OS installed and this shop sells far less than shop B, with the HYHYH OS
preinstalled, be sure that shop B will stop doing it.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:02:15 GMT

Jeff Glatt writes:

>>> He is here for the express purpose of attempting to harass people
>>> whose opinions he doesn't happen to like.

>> Yet another lie.

> Yet another pontification.

Namely yours, given that you cannot read my mind.

>>> It is precisely this which got him in trouble with the University
>>> of Hawaii for abusing their facilities

>> What alleged trouble, Glatt?  What alleged abuse, Glatt?

> The abuse that caused the university to reprimand you not to post your
> nonsense to COOA from the university's facilities,

What alleged abuse, Glatt?  What alleged reprimand, Glatt?  Classic
circular reasoning.

> which is why you now have to use RoadRunner.

Liar.  I do not have to use RoadRunner.

>> Yet another example of your pontification.

> Yet another example of your lies.

What alleged lies, Glatt?

------------------------------

From: George Marengo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:05:12 GMT

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:45:40 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>George Marengo writes:
>> Here is an opportunity to clearly state what happened:
>
>I already have, George.

Great. I've done lots of things before but I'm always happy to set
the record straight when someone says something about me that's
not true.

>Nobody from the University contacted me about any complaint submitted
>by Jeff Glatt.   I did not receive any reprimand from the University over some
>alleged complaint submitted by Jeff Glatt.  Is that clear enough for you?
>Glatt is a liar.

Did you receive a reprimand from the University of Hawaii over an
alleged complaint submitted by someone other than Jeff Glatt?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:06:37 GMT

George Marengo writes:

>> George Marengo writes [to Bob Germer]:

>>> You're absolutely correct -- but what does that have to do with the
>>> Judges opinion being just that, an opinion?

>> You called that opinion a fact.

> The Judge has opinions, just like I do.

Do you also call your opinions "facts"?

> Whether MS's behavior caused other fallout is an opinion he holds.

Are those the only opinions he holds?

>>> That's the problem... as well as the technology allows. I can see to
>>> the coast, and if the coast is clear -- well, you tell me what today's
>>> weather should be like, assuming a west to east pattern.

>> I had asked you about tomorrow's qeather, George.

> I go out in the morning for the day and the late afternoon for
> tomorrow. Was that so hard to figure out?

Yes, given how illogical it is.

>>> I'm referring to a very specific case of the weather in my
>>> neighborhood -- not the percentages for the county or area.

>> And I referred to the weather tomorrow, not today.

> See above.

See my response above.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:09:49 GMT

Jeff Glatt writes:

> [...]

>>> Incorrect.

>> Yet another example of your pontification.

> Yet another example of your lies.

What alleged lies, Glatt?

>>> Irrelevant. The article doesn't indicate what you "think".

>> Hence one cannot conclude that what I think is contrary to those
>> facts.

> Nonsense. Your failure to get your facts right has no bearing upon the
> contents of that article.

What alleged failure, Glatt?

>>> Liar.

>> Yet another example of your pontification.

> Yet another example of your lies.

What alleged lies, Glatt?

>>> It is irrelevant what you think is the explanation for why you think
>>> that what you think is irrelevant.

>> On what basis do you make that ridiculous claim, Glatt?

> On the basis that it is irrelevant what you think.

Classic illogical circular reasoning.

>>> Telling more lies,

>> I see that you didn't answer my question.

> I see that you didn't deny my assertion that you're telling more lies.

You also see that I didn't confirm your assertion, Glatt.  You're
simply evading my question.

> That's not surprising being that you are indeed telling more lies.

What alleged lies, Glatt?

------------------------------

From: George Marengo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:09:50 GMT

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000 20:57:48 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>George Marengo writes:
>> Just because a Judge gives his legal opinion, it doesn't become fact.
>
>So why did you call a "legal opinion" a "fact"?

What is fact is whether MS was found guilty of violating the law.
The rest is the Judges opinion.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:13:59 GMT

George Marengo writes:

>>> Here is an opportunity to clearly state what happened:

>> I already have, George.

> Great. I've done lots of things before but I'm always happy to set
> the record straight when someone says something about me that's
> not true.

Which is why I set the record straight when Glatt said something about
me that isn't true.  Is your memory that short?

>> Nobody from the University contacted me about any complaint submitted
>> by Jeff Glatt.   I did not receive any reprimand from the University over some
>> alleged complaint submitted by Jeff Glatt.  Is that clear enough for you?
>> Glatt is a liar.

> Did you receive a reprimand from the University of Hawaii over an
> alleged complaint submitted by someone other than Jeff Glatt?

Having reading comprehension problems, George?  Glatt claimed that I was
reprimanded as the result of *his* complaint:

JG] I made the accusation of abuse to the University of Hawaii, they
JG] deemed that it had merit, and reprimanded you not to post your
JG] nonsense to COOA from the university's facilities, which is why you
JG] now have to use RoadRunner.

The above is a lie.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 21:14:57 GMT

George Marengo writes:

>>> Just because a Judge gives his legal opinion, it doesn't become fact.

>> So why did you call a "legal opinion" a "fact"?

> What is fact is whether MS was found guilty of violating the law.

That doesn't answer my question, George.

> The rest is the Judges opinion.

That still doesn't answer my question, George.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:10:26 GMT

Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>"George Marengo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>> >Just as I said:  you're not interested in the facts but rather in what
>> >someone thinks.
>>
>> The facts referred to are the legal opinion of a Judge. They
>> happen to carry the weight of law, but it is essentially another
>> persons opinion.

>Rather misinformed and directed opinions I might add, too.

>He claimed that Apple, Linux, and several other competitors were not serious
>competitors in the marketplace, which is clearly incorrect.

>In cases like this where a Judge falls asleep alot.. er.. I mean when the
>Judge isn't an authority on the subject, he will formulate an opinion based
>on what seem to be some dumbed-down facts and then essentially copy-n'-paste
>his Findings of Fact directly from whichever sides he's currently siding
>with's fact submittal. This is common occurance and is usually a good thing,
>except in this case.

>It's unfortunate, because the Judge had his mind made up in the first place.
>I mean, the whole investigation was questionable from the day the FTC
>recommended
>the Justice Department (Janet "The Butcher of Waco" Reno's DOJ) not proceed
>with an investigation. But that's a-whole-nother story...

Everybody is stupid but you, right? Do you really believe that 19 states and
the DOJ really believed that there was no reason to go after M$?

Ed Letourneau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>