  Re: Linux can physically destroy your hard drive! ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,misc.legal,talk.politics.misc,alt.politics.libertarian,talk.politics.libertarian,alt.society.liberalism,soc.singles
Subject: Re: one  of Lenin's Useful Idiots denies reality
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:07:11 -0400

Loren Petrich wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Steve Chaney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On 1 Aug 2000 06:12:51 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Loren Petrich) wrote:
>
> >How good does a power mac work with Linux? That processor should be
> >screaming without the limitations of (pick your Apple OS of the day).
> >It sure turns out x86 screams without the limitations of Windows,
> >that's for sure!
>
>         It performs excellently under the BeOS, though I haven't tried a
> PowerPC flavor of Linux yet.
>
>         Apple is still too slow with MacOS X :-(

Well, maybe if you got some hardware that wasn't stuck in the 1980's....

> --
> Loren Petrich                           Happiness is a fast Macintosh
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]                      And a fast train
> My home page: http://www.petrich.com/home.html

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (abraxas)
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Micro$oft retests TPC benchmark
Date: 1 Aug 2000 19:04:52 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Correct, the Unix boxes are not deceased, because the Unix boxes are
>> essential to running microsoft.com.
>
> I made a spelling error but YOU have made the biggest lie in the world.
> I meant to say "not a single unix deseased box" not "deceased" (or as I
> mispelled it "deseased").
> You dare to claim "unix boxes are essential to running microsoft.com?"

Can you refute it with actual evidence?

I didnt think so dresden, because you NEVER can.  You never back up your
claims, you are a liar, you are an idiot, you are a shitty web designer, you
are a downright awful programmer (giving you a huge benefite of the doubt
by calling you one at all), a horrid person, and a pathetic IT clown that
everyone constantly laughs at.  Go put some more ram in my workstation,
bitch.  And after, make me a fucking cup of coffee.  You're almost qualified
to operate the machine all by yourself!  For now just pour though.

> Aaron Kooklis - you are the single most amazingly thick headed person I've
> ever had the displeasure of proving wrong at every turn (well, except how
> much I love proving 5x3/po0k/abrabrastrap wrong).

You never have.  You are lying again.

> Unix... running ms.com? ... hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

Thats not what he said.  You are twisting words and lying in order to appear
to be correct; which you are not.  You are an offensive retard for even suggesting
that anyone reading your filthy tripe would actually buy such a sophomoric
manouver.

=====yttrx

------------------------------

From: fungus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 19:10:57 GMT

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Donal K. Fellows" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:8m411b$i2a$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > The PC bus architecture has the I/O throughput for that sort of stuff?
> > The usual tactic is to get a proper mainframe or Sun Enterprise or
> > what-have-you[*], and I've never heard of a port of NT to that size of
> > iron...
> >

> Yes, actually, it does. This is proven all the time.

Huh? Show me a PC bus which can transfer 80Gb/second
sustained.

I don't think even PC main RAM can handle that let
alone the I/O bus...

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (abraxas)
Subject: Re: Linux can physically destroy your hard drive!
Date: 1 Aug 2000 19:06:10 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "Gary Hallock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> Drestin Black wrote:
>>
>> > you missed the point - this doesn't just trash partion tables or make
> data
>> > inaccessible - it actually physically destroys the firmware - as in, IDE
>> > drive => brick.
>> >

>> No, he didn't miss the point.  You just chose not to read all of his post.
>> And you missed the point that you can destroy the firmware on Windows
> also.
>
> you are making a poor asumption. I read the entire post (and the posts to
> the list as well as other articles about this) and am fully aware that it's
> possible to write a program like this that runs under Windows. Duh...

You were NOT, liar.  At least not until someone who understands computers
TOLD you that it was possible.

Moron.

=====yttrx

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (abraxas)
Date: 1 Aug 2000 19:07:20 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> nope - not true.

Liar, once again.

> I didn't write the article...

Which has nothing to do with the meaning of the post below, you manipulative,
lying moron.

=====yttrx

------------------------------

From: "John Hughes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 20:19:54 +0100

"abraxas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:8m541p$1po0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Drestin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > "petilon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> Oracle Parallel Server is the only RDBMS that supports
> >> load balanced clustering.

> >> Even Microsoft admits SQL Server doesn't support load balanced
> >> clustering.
> >
> > WHAT?! Someone better tell those four servers over there that they are
NOT
> > part of a cluster and load balanced... it's a miracle!
>
> You are not load balancing SQL.
>
> i.e., you are lying again.

Can you prove this? Im currently working on a system like this so if its all
in my imagination I would love to know.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (abraxas)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: What are all you nix trolls doing in the WINDOWS advocacy list?
Date: 1 Aug 2000 19:09:57 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Mikey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm Linux/Unix-centric, but...IMHO...

> True in some cases, but cutting down Windoze in a Windoze-centric NG is
> pretty much trolling and doesn't achieve anything more than annoying
> people and turning them away from Linux.

Why should I take the time to trim followups made erroniously by a
windows moron?  It happens so often that I just ignore it at this point.
You have no one to blame but winvocates for this idiocy.

=====yttrx

------------------------------

From: fungus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 19:17:29 GMT

fungus wrote:

> Show me a PC bus which can transfer 80Gb/second sustained.

No, wait, I'm hopelessly out of date again.
Multiply that figure by about ten.

I think Intel is promising us that their new chipsets
will provide a RAM badwidth of a couple of gigabytes
per second. I've got a brochure here which shows an
SGI machine with 716GB/sec bandwidth.

http://www.sgi.com/origin/3000/3800.html

As usual you're talking poop with absolutely no
links/references/anything to back it up with,
just your own personal "authority".

--
<\___/>
/ O O \

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:15:39 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> 'facts'.?
> > > Or

> already

> > > their
> with
> > > what?

> their
> > > database

> > > Which unix machines? Which heaviest loads? The 2nd busiest site in the
> world
> > > is microsoft.com - not a single unix deseased box anywhere...
> >
> > Correct, the Unix boxes are not deceased, because the Unix boxes are
> > essential to running microsoft.com.
>
> I made a spelling error but YOU have made the biggest lie in the world.
> I meant to say "not a single unix deseased box" not "deceased" (or as I
> mispelled it "deseased").
> You dare to claim "unix boxes are essential to running microsoft.com?"

Yes.  And based on the existance of Unix boxes at microsoft.com,
Microsoft believes this, too.

> Aaron Kulkis - you are the single most amazingly thick headed person I've
> ever had the displeasure of proving wrong at every turn (well, except how
> much I love proving 5x3/po0k/abrabrastrap wrong).

You're the one that argues that Microsoft doesn't need Unix to run
their websight, when each machine costs them a good $100,000 more
than if they were using their home grown LoseNT and Lose2000 shitholes.

> Unix... running ms.com? ... hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Just curious, how do I do this in Windows?
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:16:44 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > and my program worked and yours is so full of errors it won't even
> compile.
> >
> > I wasn't writing in a compiled dialect of BASIC, you moron.
>
> you don't understand the dialect of what we're talking about at all do you?

I SPECIFIED MY DIALECT when I wrote the code.

> > > Your basic program was completely completely wrong - I proved it and you
> > > still try to ignore it. You can't even program in basic... lamer...
> >
> > Strange...the resident Computer Science prof down in Australia says
> > just the opposite.
>
> strange - I not only do not believe you but would tell him he were wrong too
> if he did say so. Didn't know all of Australia had a single CS prof (AND, I
> always knew more than my college prof's - always, they were way behind the
> times).

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MORON.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:17:20 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> things

> > > possible to
> > > (link

> affect

> > > No fuckhead - I promote SCSI, always have always will, don't even have
> an
> > > IDE drive. MS promotes SCSI, only a confused trolling fudster like
> yourself
> > > would think otherwise. How pathetic.
> >
> > Oh really, then why does MS always spearhead the drive to "update"
> > IDE protocols every time they become obsolete.
> >

> and why shouldn't they? That has nothing to do with their prefered HD
> interface....

You really are fucking dense.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Andres Soolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The Dream World of Linux Zealots
Date: 1 Aug 2000 19:19:52 GMT

Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Until 5 years ago, Chechnya was just another Russian province.
> They are indistinguishable from other Russians in language, genotype
> (distinguishing physical characteristics), and culture.
Well, they speak Iczhkerian that's more like Turkish than Russian,
most of them are Muslims and an average Russian can easily detect an
average Chechen by looking at his/her skin color.  If that's
indistinguishability then they are.

> The WESTERN news media keep calling Chechnya a "breakaway republic".
> This is a misnomer.  Chechnya is an oblast', roughly the equivalent
> of a state in the US.
>From the Russians' viewpoint.  Many Chechens consider themselves an
occupied nation.

> The whole Chechnyan revolution is akin to the county
> of Essex declaring independance from the rest of England.
No, it's a little bit more like Ireland declaring independence
from the rest of the UK.

--
Andres Soolo   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Fudd's First Law of Opposition:
        Push something hard enough and it will fall over.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: LOSEDOS can physically destroy your hard drive!
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:18:27 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> > >
> > > you missed the point - this doesn't just trash partion tables or make
> data
> > > inaccessible - it actually physically destroys the firmware - as in, IDE
> > > drive => brick.
> >
> > And you are alleging that IDE controls codes are available only in
> > Linux and Unix?
>
> Nope.

Then you admit that LOSEDOS CAN DESTROY YOUR HARD DRIVE!!!!!!!!!

> > Are you insane?
> >
> Nope.

Then why do you write as if you are.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:18:53 -0400

Drestin Black wrote:

> "Gary Hallock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Drestin Black wrote:
> >
> > > you missed the point - this doesn't just trash partion tables or make
> data
> > > inaccessible - it actually physically destroys the firmware - as in, IDE
> > > drive => brick.
> > >

> > No, he didn't miss the point.  You just chose not to read all of his post.
> > And you missed the point that you can destroy the firmware on Windows
> also.
>
> you are making a poor asumption. I read the entire post (and the posts to
> the list as well as other articles about this) and am fully aware that it's
> possible to write a program like this that runs under Windows. Duh...

Too bad you failed to comprehend any of it.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren's Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.