From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: Re: GUI vs Command Line: The useless war
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:09:47 GMT

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 08:25:12 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Raul Iglesias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:2%Mp5.74$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>>
>>    While I am fully agree to your points, I think that most users
>> do not want anything but a "Please wait ..." window, perhaps it
>> could be a configurable option ? (I mean, to show things or not).
>
>Please don't assume just because that is they way things have been done on
>other systems by a few corporations, that it is the way people want it.
>Many may not be aware that anything different is possible since that is all
>they have had to work with.

        That will be 'the way they want it' because most people are use to
        that and also quite lazy. Intuitive ultimately relates to what
        people have already been exposed to and unfortunately most end users
        have already been exposed to WinDOS.

--
        Finding an alternative should not be like seeking out the holy grail.

        That is the whole damn point of capitalism.
                                                               / | \

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split Save It?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:04:58 -0400

Joe Ragosta wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "JS/PL"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>

> > > For your information...WORKERS always get paid.
> >
> > Until the owner(s) don't make money, then some of the overhead costs are
> > cut, which may or may not mean employee cuts or layoffs.
> >
> > > OWNERS only get paid if there's anything left over after paying
> > > workers.
> >
> > Sometimes owners lose money, employees do not take that risk in a general
> > sense, therefore are not entitled to sudden gains.
> >

> The truth is somewhere in between.
>
> Sure, owners sometimes lay off employees even when the company is
> profitable.
>
> But, essentially, an employee gets paid regardless of company profits
> while an owner's compensation is completely dependent on company
> profits. There are many, many, many examples where (at least for the
> short term), employees continue to draw a salary when the owner doesn't.

I had one job where, for a while, my salary was literally coming out of
the owner's own bank account.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

B: "Jeem" Dutton is a fool of the pathological liar sort.

C: Jet plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a method of
   sidetracking discussions which are headed in a direction
   that she doesn't like.

D: Jet claims to have killfiled me.

E: Jet now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
   ...despite (D) above.

F: Neither Jeem nor Jet are worthy of the time to compose a
   response until their behavior improves.

G: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against

H:  Knackos...you're a retard.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:05:48 -0400

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said Joe Ragosta in comp.os.linux.advocacy;
> >In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "JS/PL"
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> Until the owner(s) don't make money, then some of the overhead costs are
> >> cut, which may or may not mean employee cuts or layoffs.

> >> Sometimes owners lose money, employees do not take that risk in a general
> >> sense, therefore are not entitled to sudden gains.
> >>

> >The truth is somewhere in between.
> >
> >Sure, owners sometimes lay off employees even when the company is
> >profitable.
> >
> >But, essentially, an employee gets paid regardless of company profits
> >while an owner's compensation is completely dependent on company
> >profits. There are many, many, many examples where (at least for the
> >short term), employees continue to draw a salary when the owner doesn't.
>
> You talk like owners are generally somehow involved in things.  And, of
> course, they do, in the rare case that a large successful company has
> owners.  Corporations don't have owners; they only have investors.

Stockholders are all co-owners of the corporate bank account.

When that account is bleeding like a stuck pig....so are they.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:07:14 -0400

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said Joe Ragosta in comp.os.linux.advocacy;
>    [...]
> >I think the funny part is the hyocrisy of the Democrats.
> >
> >While they run around claiming that Bush will make the rich richer and
> >the poor poorer, why don't they look at the income disparity that has
> >occurred over the past 8 years. The Democrats are guilty of doing it,
> >yet they accuse the Republicans of planning it.
> >
> >One might note that the income disparity during the Reagan and Bush
> >administrations was much, much lower than it is today. Perhaps there
> >_is_ something to trickle down.
>
> Have you compared the income disparity during the Reagan years to the
> administrations before that?  The tax structure the Republicans set up
> is what the Demos had to work with during the past 8 years.  It wasn't
> like they could *raise* taxes, to prevent this kind of "piss on the poor
> economics" from being successful in broadening the disparity.

Who's "pissing on the poor"  Last I checked...able bodied adults
were fully capable of working to provide for themselves.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:08:45 -0400

JS/PL wrote:

> "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>
> > Have you compared the income disparity during the Reagan years to the
> > administrations before that?
>
> Yea EVERYONE had the privilege of being poor under Carter, I remember
> well....you could finance a home loan for a mere 18% annual interst. And
> inflation was at about the same level.
>
> Income tax was ungodly, nobody could find a job, energy crisis, Iran was
> making the US the laughing stock of the world, the Presidents alcoholic
> brother was pissing on peoples lawns while the president was busy talking of
> his own "lustfull urges".

And the scary thing is...Some people look up to Carter..

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAAHHA

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:11:35 -0400

ZnU wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Eric Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ZnU
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > It doesn't. Please explain how Bush intends to pay off the national
> > > debt
> > > while deficit spending. You seem to be arguing that he can. If you're
> > > not arguing that he can, then you're not arguing with anything I've
> > > said.
> >
> > What makes you so sure he will be deficit spending?  (At least, that his
> > will be any worse than Gore's.)  Yes, he is cutting more taxes than
> > Gore, but he is also spending less than Gore on programs like health
> > care.
>
> And spending more than Gore on things like (broken) missile defense.

As I recall, the early astronautic program was even more fucked up
(or are all of those films of rockets going sideways, falling over,
or even falling backwards just latter day fakes?)

> The fact is, I don't _know_ he'll be deficit spending. He's so vague on

The fact is, you don't know anything.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:12:35 -0400

Joe Ragosta wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ZnU
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> > Eric Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > What makes you so sure he will be deficit spending?  (At least, that
> > > his
> > > will be any worse than Gore's.)  Yes, he is cutting more taxes than
> > > Gore, but he is also spending less than Gore on programs like health
> > > care.
> >
> > And spending more than Gore on things like (broken) missile defense.
> >
> > The fact is, I don't _know_ he'll be deficit spending. He's so vague on
> > the issues that it's hard to tell anything at all. But he'll either be
> > deficit spending or he'll be cutting killing rather important social
> > programs, and neither is worth it just to give the average american
>
> Important to whom?
>
> I think the important thing is that the government should take the
> minimum amount of money and use it wisely.
>
> Let's take one of your important social programs--welfare. The number of
> people on the welfare rolls is down by about 75% over the past 5 years.
> Yet the total dollars being spent has hardly declined at all.
>
> The government is a black hole. They'll take as much money as they can
> get away with and never try to spend it wisely.
>
> > family a $43/year tax break. And there's certainly no chance of him
> > paying down the debt.
>
> Actually, his plan does include some debt reduction.

Isn't it funny that the party that is oooooooooooooh so fucking worried
about debt reduction is the SAME goddamn party that ran up the debt
in the first place....

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:13:33 -0400

ZnU wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Eric Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, ZnU
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > It doesn't. Please explain how Bush intends to pay off the national
> > > debt
> > > while deficit spending. You seem to be arguing that he can. If you're
> > > not arguing that he can, then you're not arguing with anything I've
> > > said.
> >
> > What makes you so sure he will be deficit spending?  (At least, that his
> > will be any worse than Gore's.)  Yes, he is cutting more taxes than
> > Gore, but he is also spending less than Gore on programs like health
> > care.
>
> And spending more than Gore on things like (broken) missile defense.
>
> The fact is, I don't _know_ he'll be deficit spending. He's so vague on
> the issues that it's hard to tell anything at all. But he'll either be
> deficit spending or he'll be cutting killing rather important social
> programs, and neither is worth it just to give the average american
> family a $43/year tax break. And there's certainly no chance of him
> paying down the debt.

If the Democrats are oooooooooh so fucking worried about the National
Debt, then why did they run it up to $7,000,000,000,000 in the first
place?

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:15:34 -0400

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said Joe Ragosta in comp.os.linux.advocacy;
>    [...]
> >Read what I said again. Wouldn't you expect that when the number of
> >people needing welfare drops by 75% that there might be a reduction in
> >government welfare expenditures?
>
> Well, you didn't say there was a drop in the number of people "needing"

Most of them never "needed" it in the first place.

If they did "need" it, then there would have been people 'starving
in the streets' the first month they started cutting off massive
segments of the welfare rolls.

The fact that these people IMMEDIATELY went to work indicates that
they were using the government "safety net" as a hammock.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 13:17:40 -0400

ZnU wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Eric Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > What should we do with people who can't support themselves, Joe?
> > > Let them starve in the streets so you can keep a bit more of your
> > > income? Is that _really_ the kind of society you want to live in?
> >
> > You can't use this argument to justify spending *any* amount of money
> > on people who can't support themselves.  Even *you* are going to draw
> > a line somewhere.  Joe apparently thinks we've crossed the line.
> >
> > Let's say there was only one person left on welfare in the entire
> > country, and we were still spending the same amount on welfare.
> > Would you still defend it?  Joe's position doesn't imply that we
> > shouldn't spend anything at all... it implies that as fewer people
> > are claiming welfare benefits, welfare expenditures should decrease
> > roughly proportionally.
>
> But the entire system has changed, not just the number of people on
> welfare. It seems obvious to me that it costs more (in the short term)
> to move someone from welfare to work than it does to just leave them on
> welfare.

Yes...with the reduced welfare rolls, the Democrats started hiring
people to go out and look for more people to sign up for welfare
benefits.

The democrats just ABHOR the thought of the entire country being
populated by people who can take care of themselves without running
to some dictatorial government asshole to plead for money.

I: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire

J: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: ZnU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [OT] Bush v. Gore on taxes (was: Re: Would a M$ Voluntary Split ...)
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:33:07 GMT

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> > >A fat chance that will happen.
> >
> > A perfect example of Mr Kulkis's opposition to meritocracy, and his
> > firm belief that the children of the wealthy are "entitled" to
> > rule. The basic accumption is that if your parents aren't filthy
> > rich, you're "stupid" and don't "deserve" an education.
>
> One doesn't need to be "filthy rich" to get an education for your
> kids.

One would if education was privatized, as you advocate.

> Hell, in some inner cities, cash-strapped parents are paying TWICE
> for education..once through property taxes, and AGAIN to put the kid
> into a local catholic school so that the kid will actually be taught
> the essentials.

They wouldn't need to pay twice if the public school system was properly
funded.

This universe shipped by weight, not volume.  Some expansion may have
occurred during shipment.

ZnU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | <http://znu.dhs.org>