Devlin)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux,alt.microsoft.sucks,alt.linux.sucks,alt.linux.slakware
Subject: Re: Global Configuration tool (WAS: Re: linux does NOT suck (oh yes
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:39:05 -0500

J Sloan wrote:

> Kyle Jacobs wrote:
>
> > I don't care if it's developed on a sheet of paper.
> >
> > I just want it to work, look good, and be simple to operate.
> >
> > Linux programs seem to be developed on UNIX, maintain their UNIX looks, and
> > never go past "it works, but it looks terrible" phase.
>
> Like what programs?
>
> netscape?
> quake 3 arena?
> grip, gnapster, easytag?
> word perfect?
> mathematica?
>
> Have you ever seen Linux running?

No, Kyle hasn't.
But he's heard very reliable rumors during recess.

> jjs

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: EXCLUSIVE: Hacker Steals Redhat Linux Source Code
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:40:13 -0500

Kyle Jacobs wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> > What part of HUMOR do you not understand?
>
> Your pathetic, nerdly excuse for it.

No, no....that will not do.

ad hominiem

-50 points.

You be sure to tell us when you get to high school, ok?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Hatred?
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 00:50:03 -0600

"Charlie Ebert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> Fork off 500 paralell processes on a LoseDOS machine and see what
> >> happens.
> >
> >The same thing that happens under Linux.
>
> No it doesn't dick head!
>
> Geeze..
>
> You really don't write software for a living do you!

Yes, I do.  You, however, do not.  At least according to these newbie posts
I keep reading from you:

http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ap]/getdoc.xp?AN=697791556&fmt=text

http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=ap]/getdoc.xp?AN=700860797&fmt=text

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:40:44 -0500

"Form@C" wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> <snip>
> >>
> >> now there's a big PKB! ....tell me, do you also laugh at "00100101"?
> >
> >Only an idiot would ask such a question.
> >

> And you really think that acronyms such as "GNU" and "YAST" were devised
> without a sense of humour? There *is* humour in unix/Linux but it can be
> strangely warped...

Precisely

> --
> Mick
> Olde Nascom Computers - http://www.mixtel.co.uk

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:40:58 -0500

"Form@C" wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> <snip>
> >>
> >> now there's a big PKB! ....tell me, do you also laugh at "00100101"?
> >
> >Only an idiot would ask such a question.
> >

> And you really think that acronyms such as "GNU" and "YAST" were devised
> without a sense of humour? There *is* humour in unix/Linux but it can be
> strangely warped...

Hell, the name UNIX itself is a pun.

> --
> Mick
> Olde Nascom Computers - http://www.mixtel.co.uk

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:41:39 -0500

Ayende Rahien wrote:

> "Form@C" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >
> > <snip>

> > >Only an idiot would ask such a question.
> > >

> > And you really think that acronyms such as "GNU" and "YAST" were devised
> > without a sense of humour? There *is* humour in unix/Linux but it can be
> > strangely warped...
>
> curses.h, too.
> I'm assuming that the name givers thought that UI is the hardest part of
> most programs as well.

Actually, curses.h was named by the guy who wrote it.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Is Bill Gates MAD?!?!?
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:42:54 -0500

Bob Hauck wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Jan 2001 18:22:36 GMT, Charlie Ebert
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Most crazy people have a obsession for the thing their crazy
> >about.  Adolf and Eva had a special lamp.  Bill Gates has
> >a special house.
>
> What about Larry with his reproduction 16th century Japanese house built
> with no nails?  He must be a lunatic...oh, wait, he is <g>.

That's called an appreciation for fine engineering and constuction methods.

In contrast, Bill Gates is just a garden-variety megalomaniac.

> --
>  -| Bob Hauck
>  -| To Whom You Are Speaking
>  -| http://www.haucks.org/

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Nobody wants Linux because it destroys hard disks.
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:45:31 -0500

Kyle Jacobs wrote:

> The Windows 2000 help documentation system (Start/Help).

is this accessible from the command line?
a) yes
B) NO

does this help tell about how to use the CLI command to remove an IP address?
a) yes
B) NO

No more questions, yerhonor.

> "Les Mikesell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:kWy46.53665$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Yes there is a list of commands, but they don't have much to do with
> > administering the machine.  Where do I find the command that would
> > add or remove an ip addresses for example.  There is one, but where
> > do I find it and it's documentation?
> >
> >    Les Mikesell
> >      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > "Kyle Jacobs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:stt46.117681$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > Typing "help" under the console seems to bring up a list of commands.
> > >
> > > Running text mode apps helps too.
> > >
> > > "Les Mikesell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:Orf46.53155$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > ability

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "JSPL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Uptimes
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 01:50:27 -0500

> Thanks for the decode, but according to Netcraft, they actually base
> their identification of OS on packet characteristics, not on the
> information provided by the web server.

Come on, how stupid do you think people are? It's derived from the http
header not some secret "packet characteristic".
The key IP header fields I know of are the souce ip address, destination IP
address, datagram ID's, checksum, and a few others which in no way divulge
the operating system and server.
Then there's this:
<quote>
 Netcraft determines the operating system of the queried host by looking in
detail at the network characteristics of the HTTP reply received from the
web site.
</quote>

Now post a link to an RFC which defines where in a TCP packet that the
operating system, and  server is sent.  I bet you can't, because the only
place it exists in in the HTTP header.

> If I'm not mistaken, they ignore the OS identification provided by the
> web server, and use the packet characteristics to ensure that the uptime
> (which is used as a sequence number, not an "uptime" value, within the
> TCP packet) they get matches the OS.  This would explain why they might
> "misidentify" a "server", but only in those cases they can't get uptime
> to begin with; the packet characteristics don't reveal the OS, and so
> even if the OS does use timeticks in the sequence number, Netcraft
> couldn't be sure who they came from.

Once again,  show us all where on earth it says that a standard IP header
field divulges the operating system.  That's a complete waste of bytes, and
flies in the face of logic.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Nobody wants LoseDOS because it destroys hard disks.
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:45:55 -0500

Kyle Jacobs wrote:

> Really?
>
> Ok, tell my cmd interpreter that I'm lying.

$ exit

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Kyle Jacobs wrote:
> > >
> > > Typing "help" under the console seems to bring up a list of commands.
> > >

> > liar
> >
> > > Running text mode apps helps too.
> > >
> > > "Les Mikesell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:Orf46.53155$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> > > ability

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer
> > DNRC Minister of all I survey
> > ICQ # 3056642
> >

> > H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
> >     premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
> >     you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
> >     you are lazy, stupid people"
> >
> > I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
> >    challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
> >    between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
> >    Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
> >
> > J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
> >    The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
> >    also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
> >
> > A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.
> >
> > B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
> >    method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
> >    direction that she doesn't like.
> >
> > C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
> >
> > D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
> >    ...despite (C) above.
> >
> > E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
> >    her behavior improves.
> >
> > F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> >    adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
> >
> > G:  Knackos...you're a retard.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux.sux
Subject: Re: Microsoft is 20-years BEHIND other OS vendors
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 01:47:04 -0500

Charlie Ebert wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
> >Kyle Jacobs wrote:
> >>
> >> Yea, 20 years too late.
> >

> >And yet, you claim that MS is "modern", when they are just now
> >implementing technology which has been standard on every other
> >platform since the 1970's.
>
> Well!  I'm glad you didn't say security.
> They haven't managed to implement security yet.
>
> They deny they have a security problem.
>
> And much of what holds the concept of SECURITY together
> IS INDEED the cornerstone of the rest of the 31 year
> old concept we know commonly as UNIX.
>
> Charlie

Very true.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: T. Max Devlin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.fan.bill-gates,alt.destroy.microsoft,alt.microsoft.sucks
Subject: Re: Big government and big business: why not fear both - www.ezboard.com
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 06:55:18 GMT

Said pub10.ezboard.com web2news.pl in alt.destroy.microsoft on Tue, 2
   [...]
>WASHINGTON, DC -- The Justice Department's plan to break up Microsoft is not just a
>bad legal
>decision -- it's a case of "bureaucratic grand larceny" that has already stolen more
>wealth from
>Americans than all the bank robbers in history, the Libertarian Party charged today.

Christ, thank god I'm not still a Libertarian.  They get more clueless
every year.

   [...]
>"When bank robbers steal your money, at least they have the honesty to admit they're
>just thieves,"
>he said. "When the Justice Department destroys $200 billion in wealth, it has the
>gall to claim
>that it is acting for our own good. That's the real crime -- and the reason why the
>tax-funded
>political power of the Justice Department is far more dangerous than Microsoft will
>ever be."

Irrational hyperbole like this would be a crime, except for that free
speech stuff.  The fact that it would be considered treason is just a
coincidence; it should be criminal to be this stupid.

Sign the petition and keep Deja's archive alive!
http://www2.PetitionOnline.com/dejanews/petition.html