From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bloody Viking)
Subject: Re: Linux Uptime
Date: 11 Feb 2001 22:12:57 GMT

Osugi ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

: I am not saying that this windows machine is rock solid - like all
: windows machines, it crashes occasionally, and programs screw up
: sometimes. But we have never had to do a reinstall.
: It has far exceeded my expectations. Maybe I just lowered them a little
: too far?

Funny how people have become trained to accept computer crashes as a normal
day to day thing.

: (Still, I wish I could work on a linux box.)

You might be able to get your wish. If your office has Iomega Jaz drives on
the workstations, buy an exact duplicate for home use. Get a Jaz disk and
install a filesystem on it. Next, get a normal floppy and format as DOS
bootable. Next, place a kernel on it with Loadlin and the one-liner batch
shell script.

On the Monday morning, place the Jaz disk and floppy aboard your car and blast
off on your mission to work. At work, place the Jaz disk in, and the floppy,
and start the computer. If configured right, you'll have Linux at work. Since
you put Emacs in on the sly, apparently file formats are not a problem.

Sadly, it may not work after all as often offices will use the cheapest damn
SCSI card in the workstations, and Linux will likely not work with it EXCEPT
with hard drives.

--
FOOD FOR THOUGHT: 100 calories are used up in the course of a mile run.
The USDA guidelines for dietary fibre is equal to one ounce of sawdust.

------------------------------

From: sfcybear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: AARON R. KULKIS HAS NO LIFE AND ASSUMES NOBODY ELSE DOES EITHER
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:11:37 GMT

In article <966f3o$noo$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Bloody Viking) wrote:

> Erik Funkenbusch ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> : Some people have lives outside of usenet.
>
> Answer the question.

Eric answer a question? Where have you been!

> --
> FOOD FOR THOUGHT: 100 calories are used up in the course of a mile run.
> The USDA guidelines for dietary fibre is equal to one ounce of sawdust.
> The liver makes the vast majority of the cholesterol in your bloodstream.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

------------------------------

From: "Robert Morelli" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Laptop and linux. Which one???
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 12:52:59 -0600

In article <966kim$avo$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Gerardo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to buy a laptop, and I want to have a dual boot system
> (Nt/Linux). Many of the laptops are "windows designed".
> Which brand/model would you suggest to have this running in a descent
> way? I mean driver support for screen, CDROM/DVD, floppy, sound, etc.

If you're serious about a model,  you might want to discuss the issue with the
tech and sales staff of the company.  This serves not only to get a clear
answer (and some implied guarantee) about the level of support,  it
also helps communicate the demand for Linux support to the company.
Of course,  you lose all your leverage after the sale and an inquiry
with tech support will typically get a response equivalent to:  ``don't
know,  don't care.''

By the way,  Red Hat does not offer support for laptop machines.
I don't know the policy of any other vendor on this point.

I once had the satisfaction of cancelling an order for a system from
Gateway costing over $5000 because they were unable to ship the system
without Windows.  The salesman knew I was serious and knew the
competitor I was going to buy from.  He pled with me that Gateway
was bound by a contract with Microsoft and offered to deduct the cost
of the Windows license.  I refused.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Subject: Re: NTFS Limitations
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:20:04 GMT

In alt.destroy.microsoft, Aaron R. Kulkis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Tue, 06 Feb 2001 10:12:26 -0500
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>Jan Johanson wrote:
>>
>> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> <snip>
>> > Start writing letters to manufacturers AND vendors and retailers that
>> > you will *NOT* buy any product for which an open source driver is
>> > not in existance.
>> >
>> > You might also mention that you make, or advise upon, hardware
>> > purchasing within your company.
>>
>> So, you were thinking of running an actual computer eh? hahaa
>
>Fuck, I've DESIGNED AND BUILT computers from scratch (that is,
>*no* motherboard...had to wire up all that stuff myself).

Ah, those were the days.  I did one myself -- an 1802-based (Harris)
thing at the blazingly fast speed of 1.77 Mhz -- and even
designed and built a display adaptor to to generate a 512 x 192
black and white raster from the base 1861 video.  It has all of
4K of static RAM.  At one point, it could play "Happy Birthday"
and emulate a truck motor, to some extent (the speaker was driven by
a transistor hooked to an I/O line; I forget which, though), and blink 8 LEDs
on its front panel, which was sheet metal with some holes drilled in it
and rubber grommet mountings for the LEDs and some toggle switches.
The case wasn't even closed (two gaping holes in the side), if
I remember correctly -- and now, it's in a different case with a
larger "motherboard" (still open) that's suitable for rack mounting --
if I actually had a rack, that is.  (I have no idea what the 2nd case
originally contained, but it came with a giant [and non-working]
power supply that I never got around to fixing, which is also rack-
mountable, and some ferrule core memory boards, I think -- I have no
idea if they still work.)

The unit is powered by a positively dangerous-looking small power supply
(it is incompletely cased and holds a large electrolytic; it's about
the size of a small toaster).

A secondary case holds a hex keypad, which plugs in to the main unit
using very crude long-pigtail IC sockets and red AWG-30 wire strands
(except maybe for one green one, to differentiate pin 1 on one of the
plugs -- I'd have to look).  The secondary case also used to have a
9-digit 7-segment multiplexed lensed LED display I picked up from
somewhere, but that broke and is now lost.  It also was quite open,
but not square, because of the LED display; that part was bent upwards
and now has a square hole in it as well.  The power entered through
these plugs, as well, through two solidcore wires -- about AWG 14 or 16,
something that fits in a standard IC socket, anyway.

It all looks like crap and would probably radiate all over the spectrum
allowing any FCC agent to find me (obviously back then, it wasn't as
much of an issue)... :-)  If I were to do it all over again, I'd
find a prebuilt keypad case and use more modern cabling -- shielded.
Or maybe have one big case, with a built-in power supply, or even
a small battery pack and regulator, or a battery eliminator and
a diode or four.

I haven't fired it up recently, but AFAIK it still works, although
the video is iffy because I swapped out a perfectly good video chip
for one that's not horribly happy, and I don't know if the wirewrapping
is 100%.  I also have notes on the thing that at one point I'll have to
organize; they're a mess.  I've also forgotten my boot loader (it
could attach to a tape recorder), which I developed for saving and
restoring to tape, somewhat a la Apple at the time.  At some point I
want to transcribe said notes into a CAD program (gCAD might work),
so I don't lose them.

This was back in the late 70's; I built the original one as a
project for my electronics class, and modified it later one summer
during my college daze.  And then I got enamored with the Amiga... :-)

This can't hold a candle, though, to an Internet acquaintance of mine
who still has equipment such as Apple ]['s, TRS-80's, Amiga,s and other
such stuff running in an active (if small) networking lab which he's
put on his Internet web page, which I don't have handy.
In this case, I'm just one of many -- and probably a small fish,
at that.  Still...it was fun while it lasted.

IBM and later Microsoft took all the fun out of hobby computing :-/.
Linux put it back. :-) :-)

[.sigsnip]

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- insert random fun here
                    You were expecting something relevant down here?

------------------------------

From: . <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Interesting article
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:32:12 +1300

> Why do you guys argue with this Myers?  At best, he's practicing
> his sophistry.  More likely, he's trolling.

Heh heh.  'More likely'.

> He makes sweeping
> statements as if he'd had deep experience in what he's talking
> about.  When pressed, the best he can do is make an ad hominem
> attack on the sender.

What can we infer from this?  I see two options:

1) He doesn't know jack shit
2) He's far more intelligent and knowledgeable than all the people who
have proven him wrong on this newsgroup.

Shit, I'm having a hard time choosing...

> I guess its just how smug, smarmy, arrogant, and supercilious
> he sounds in his posts.  One just itches to take him down.

Anytime someone says "THIS IS THE WAY IT IS, YOU ARE WRONG" as often as
he says it (without proof or supporting evidence, in most cases), it just
forces a reaction.  Perhaps its the desire to help and teach and inform
that keeps people replying to his babble?  If noone in the world wanted
to help anyone else, trolls would die out of starvation.

> But, remember, it is impossible to argue with an idiot, especially
> if he's good a couple of good points buried in his perorations.
> And it's impossible to argue in a newsgroup.

It's not impossible to argue in a newsgroup... haven't you read any other
threads?  ;)

For the record, I don't think Chad is actually stupid (he can form a
coherent sentence for example), but he is either getting some bizarre
masturbatory pleasure from taking the alternative viewpoint and arguing
blindly, or he really does believe MS can do no wrong.  In this case, I
think you'll find we're probably talking to a stockholder.

------------------------------

From: J Sloan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How does this look?
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:40:17 GMT

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Actually, writing just this on Knode running un SuSE 7.1.
> So far really good. SuSE 7.0 was OK, but I think they should
> have waited for the stuff which now makes 7.1, would have looked
> much better.

Yes, same goes for Red Hat 7.0

> But this one runs fast (it definitely feels faster on a Dual-Processor
> machine using Kernel 2.4)

I'll bet it scales a lot better too -

Greetings,

jjs

------------------------------

From: . <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:36:42 +1300

> What +i means? Ignorant? Well, it's unnecessary, Microsoft Certified
> means the same thing. And it shows from the posting.

MS Certified doesn't mean ignorant, it only really means "may or may not
understand subject of discussion".  Buggered if I know why people pay big
bucks for people with such an untrustworthy certification.

I know MS certified people who know so much about computers and computing
it's not funny, but not a single one of them will attribute that massive
knowledge to the MCSE.  The people who really know what they're talking
about know exactly what the MCSE is...  a piece of cardboard that people
who should know better expect you to have.

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:20:51 GMT

"David Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:966okk$3f6$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Chad Myers wrote in message ...
> >Typically, you have descriptions that match the method name word
> >for word, i.e. sendFoo(int x, int y, bar b) "Sends a foo".
>

> You mean the methods are named according to what they do?

Yeah, but what consists of sending a foo? Perhaps I'd like to override
this method, and change one piece of functionality.

-Chad

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:25:16 GMT

"David Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:966q89$4ig$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> Paul 'Z' Ewande® wrote in message <9636hf$2397$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> >
> >Because they have a server OS [AIX] and would look like complete fools if
> >they didn't use it. AIX was beaten by the Win2K cluster, they could use a
> >Linux [or OS/2 for that matter] cluster [after all they have the bucks to
> >set up a Win2K one, and Linux is chearper right ?] to kill two birds with
> >one stone [humiliate both Compaq and Microsoft], but didn't.
> >

> Perhaps IBM uses their own systems because they are better for the job.
> Even MS uses other people's systems if they can't avoid it (remember how
> proud they were over using Unix to avoid getting viruses (or at least,
> viruses that they did not write themselves) on their installation CD's?).

I remember hearing rumors of this, but I don't remember seeing any
concrete proof of it. Sounds like just another Penguinista make-believe
story.

> I remember reading somewhere that MS had around 80 IBM machines (AS/400, I
> think) in various places around the world, for general purpose business use
> (accounts, customer databases, whatever).  They decided that it was an
> embaressment that they needed to rely on other people's software, and so
> installed 14,000 NT servers to do the same job (I am not wholly certain of
> the figures - hopefully someone else remembers the incident and can confirm
> or deny the details, or even provide a useful link or two).  Unfortuanately,
> they could not get the system working properly, and had to re-install the
> AS/400's.

They used to use (and still have in some places) AS/400's because some of
the software they use only runs on that platform. I never heard of them
switching and then switching back, that sounds like more make-believe.

MS didn't have and enterprise OS before about 4 years ago (until NT 4
SP3 and later) so there was no software written for Windows that
would help manage a corporation the size of Microsoft.

However, when Windows 2000 Beta3 came out and SQL Server 7 was out,
they migrated to SAP/R4, I believe, on Windows. They announced that
they moved from their AS/400 which had previously been running their
software (whether it was SAP I'm not sure). They run SAP on Windows
2000 Advanced Server and SQL Server 2000 now. This information is
easily found on their web site.

-Chad

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:39:24 GMT

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:10:17 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matthias
Warkus) wrote:

>The testers were surprised: XFree works on maximum colour depth and
>resolution on nearly all machines, even the TV output usually works.

Key word USUALLY.

>On the Toshibas, even accelerated graphics are supported. Nearly all
>machines use the Lucent WinModem chipset which works flawlessly after a
>little kernel patch.

Keyword NEARLY.

Keyword PATCH.

>Your best bet is the Acer or the Compaq, probably.

Keyword, PROBABLY.

>mawa

I'll bet everyone of the machines ran Windows flawlessly, all features
were able to be utilized to full capacity like they were designed to
be.

You'd think a Linux House Organ magazine like that would be smart
enough to select FULLY supported models?

Or maybe they just couldn't find any :(

If I bought a laptop and upon reading the documentation included with
it I saw words like:

Probably.
Nearly.
Usually.
Patch.

I would start to wonder if I made the right choice.

But, in the Linux world we are forced to sacrifice and do without all
for the privilege of running the worlds finest OS.

Flatfish
Why do they call it a flatfish?
Remove the ++++ to reply.

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux Threat: non-existant
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:28:46 GMT

"Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:3a86d8e7$0$43853$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2684374,00.html?chkpt=zdnn_rt_
> latest
>
> Look at the numbers they're talking about. TurboLinux is just SOARING with a
> whooping 68% revenue growth (not profits, just revenue) which sounds
> impressive until you realize that it's a jump from 1.8 million to 2.9
> million. Give me a break, that's what two middle level managers at MS make.
> Compaq spends that much every time it submits a webspec test. Dell spends
> that much EVERY month on print ads in just two magazines. AND their
> prediction for growth was LOWERED.
>
> This is after SuSe fell through the floor and dumped it's employees - but,
> I'm sure they'll all stay on for free cause we know linux is free and it's
> support is free and it's volunteered powered right?
>
> It's nice to see that technical staff is being dumped while the management
> teams from BOTH companies are staying around collecting their paychecks and
> stock options. Yea, you need all that management but who needs technical
> support eh?
>
> But, really - who cares, right? According to linux supporters linux has
> newsgroups and websites filled with support by unpaid (unknown, uncertified,
> even untrusted) volunteers who we know are just hanging around every minute
> of the day waiting to solve YOUR companies problem on your timetable, I'm
> sure. I mean, if you've got a problem with something, you can just pick up
> the phone, er, write a newsgroup post and keep hitting refresh waiting for
> that authoritive answer from sven svengalli recently paroled from warez land
> to help you get that enterprise database running again. ALl his time running
> mySQL for his warez file indexing system will certainly be of use to you. if
> you're ultimately lucky, linus might insult you himself ...!
>
> Anyone suggesting Linux is making inroads at the (successful) enterprise
> level is just plain nutz...

Hey, and let's not forget Linux's powerful growth in the DDoS market.
Linux comprises almost 100% of the vast DDoS networks which were powerful
enough to shut down all the major web sites for almost 2 days last year.
Linux 2.4 comes with new EZ-HACK features which allow crackers to
gain control of entire University computer labs for their purposes of
mayhem.

Linux: The Choice of the New DDoS

-Chad

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Another Linux "Oopsie"!
From: imekon@$$$REMOVE$$$.freeuk.com (Pete Goodwin)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:45:15 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in <966u5d$39k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>MORE!

Nah, you've had more than enough now.

--
Pete Goodwin
---

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:33:32 GMT

"Bloody Viking" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9670cl$2g$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> pip ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> : F.U.D.
>
> Snipped.
>
> : Is someone paying these people?
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if some of the FUDmeisters are paid MS-Shills(tm). The
> MS-Shills must hate the new department in computer stores, the Linux section.
> Now, anyone can go to a store and buy Linux.

How come we're not seeing major in-roads in the OEM market? That's
real success. When other vendors are willing to stake their profit
on your product is when you have a real product. Until then it's
just a novelty like "Bigmouth Billy Bass". Millons of people bought
those too, but you don't see many hangding on the wall.

The truth is, people aren't buying Linux in the stores in mass
quantities. Sales are rediculously low compared with all the other
software on all the other shelves. Plus, many of the sales are
buy-it-and-forget-it. Sales of Linux are in the millions, but the
retention rate is probably pretty low. People buy it to play with it
but then go back to Windows when they want to get something done.
Most probably can't figure the damned thing out and just remove it
and throw the CD away or give it to a friend.

> You have a choice of distros, some optimised for servers or
> firewalls, or whatever. You can as of now go to  a store and buy
> _SLACKWARE_! No muss, no fuss, no mail order.

Of course, you're wasting your money. Each distro does something
well, but doesn't everything well in general. I guess you could
buy all of them to accomplish the varying tasks, but in general
people are seeing it's not really that great and they can't
get anything done. They switch back to Windows and become productive
again. The sales numbers confirm this.

> Even better, as each new kernel comes out, Linux supports all the more
> devices. Just bought my new Slackware 7.1 today.

All the more, but still not very many.

-Chad

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matthias Warkus)
Subject: Re: Another Pete Goodwin "Oopsie"!
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:26:19 +0000

It was the Sun, 11 Feb 2001 19:23:49 +0000...
...and Pete Goodwin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > People complain about Linux lacking standards in areas where it offers
> > choices (like desktop environments), but then, when there is an
> > established, open, free, cross-platform and easily-implemented
> > standard (PostScript), they complain about that too.
>
> Then why do so many cheap printers not do postscript?

Because there are filters who will convert PostScript into the native
format of nearly any cheap printer. 8)

mawa
--
NICHT DER MÜHE WERT

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x
Subject: Re: Answer this if you can...
From: imekon@$$$REMOVE$$$.freeuk.com (Pete Goodwin)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:51:14 GMT

John Muir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>Now please don't get me wrong, I WANT to like Linux, I want to tell
>everyone how good it is, that they are silly to stay with Windows,
>that Linux is faster and better, but...

Um, this starts to sound a lot like other posts I've read. "I want to like
Linux but...".

><Examples>

>I want to copy a line of text from my xterm window (or browser window)
>to another app ... forget it! EVERY Windows app can cut & paste to
>another app, why not Linux? This is CRIMINAL!

CTRL-C CTRL-V do work in certain apps. However, the middle button copy-
paste is the X standard, and it works.

>I now understand that there really is a good reason why Microsoft
>spends so much effort on usability labs and such. Why do I seem always
>to have to fight Linux. Why doesn't it even TRY to help me? The
>arrogant attitude of some Linux 'gurus' is really childish..."REAL
>programmers enjoy wasting whole days trying to get Delete and
>Backspace working in all apps."

They both work for me, oddly enough.

--
Pete Goodwin
---

From: Mig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 23:49:50 +0100

Chad Myers wrote:

> Hey, and let's not forget Linux's powerful growth in the DDoS market.
> Linux comprises almost 100% of the vast DDoS networks which were powerful
> enough to shut down all the major web sites for almost 2 days last year.
> Linux 2.4 comes with new EZ-HACK features which allow crackers to
> gain control of entire University computer labs for their purposes of
> mayhem.

Ohhh...it must be a clone ot the W2K EZ-HACK that russian crackers used to
gain access to Micros~1 internel networks some months ago possibly
compromising Micros~1 code.

--
Cheers

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.x
From: imekon@$$$REMOVE$$$.freeuk.com (Pete Goodwin)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:58:46 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>Linux isn't faster.

Windows and Linux appear to be about the same on the same hardware.

>Linux isn't better.

Debatable. It doesn't crash as easily as Windows does.

>Linux stinks.

No it doesn't.

>Stick with your instincts.

I use both.

>Yea, like trying to do anything truly useful with it.

I use it to successfully read USENET.

>>I want to copy a line of text from my xterm window (or browser window)
>>to another app ... forget it! EVERY Windows app can cut & paste to
>>another app, why not Linux? This is CRIMINAL!
>
>I've already been through this for 100's of posts.
>They deny it.

Cut and paste are there, if you know how to use it. I remembered it vaguely
from my time with X Windows on OpenVMS.

>Microsoft cares about it's users and understands the home market.
>Linux cares about it's geeks and that is why it is in the skeletal,
>dis-oriented, build it yourself state it is in now.

That's why Whistler is going to have a product activation key, requiring
you to register your installation and get the key to get Windows up and
running. You can't move this to another machine without getting another key
(and do you pay for that, I wonder?).

>Because Linux sucks.

No it doesn't.

>There are entire web sites devoted to making Fonts look decent also.

That's because Fonts are copyright, and can't be given away.

>Entire web sites devoted to making Samba work.

I've gotten it to work pretty well, it wasn't that hard.

>Entire web sites devoted to security.

Not really messed around with security on Linux.

>Entire web sites devoted to making a SBLive work under Linsux.
>And so forth.....

Ah, device drivers, an Achilles Heel of Linux.

>Choice=confusion=poor choice.

Hmmm... debatable.

>Talk to SuSE.
>They seem to have beaten you to the punch :)

Depends on which article you read.

>If Windows and Windows software and hardware required as much effort
>to get 1/2 as much use out of them, Gates would be bankrupt and OS/2
>would have taken over a long time ago.

But why haven't they fixed the crashing bugs? I wonder, does Windows ME
still have the icon cache bug? Is that still there?

>Using Linux is like doing your own Dental Surgery.

You exaggerate.

--
Pete Goodwin
---

From: imekon@$$$REMOVE$$$.freeuk.com (Pete Goodwin)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:59:12 GMT

"Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in <966t1g$rvi$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>According to the troll FAQ, several trolls banding together can turn an
>average troll in to a great troll. That was a crap troll, so I wouldn't
>bother if I were you.

There's a FAQ about Troll's? Gosh!

One troll + another troll = one big fat hairy troll?

--
Pete Goodwin
---

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Matthias Warkus)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:55:06 +0000

It was the Sun, 11 Feb 2001 22:39:24 GMT...
...and [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'll bet everyone of the machines ran Windows flawlessly, all features
> were able to be utilized to full capacity like they were designed to
> be.

Actually not (they test-drove the things under Windows, too). Why
don't you just shut up and read the article?

For example, the Compaq Armada M700/7700 does not support hot-swapping
PCMCIA/Cardbus cards under Windows 2000.

mawa
--
Wenn die Wochentage Länder wären...
...dann wäre der Dienstag Laos.