  too cool

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.next.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Information wants to be free, Revisited
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:02:18 -0500

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:32:20 -0500, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> >

> >Exceedingly poor analysis.
> >

> >You seem to forget that the number of criminals carrying guns tends
> >to remain unchanged by such laws.
> >
> >What part of VIOLENT LAW VIOLATOR do you not understand?
>
> Like a typical rightist, you erroneously paint everything in simple
> dichotomies. The world is not neatly divided into "criminals" /
> "VIOLENT LAW VIOLATEORS" and "law abiding citizens".
>
> Are all homicides committed by people with prior criminal convictions ?

100%?  No.

95%? Yes.

For someone working on his PhD, you sure are fucking STUPID.

What's wrong, does the prospect of the un-annointed posessing
firearms and keeping the money they earn bother you for some reason?

You are the goddamned WORST statist I have come across in months.

> --
> Donovan Rebbechi * http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/ *
> elflord at panix dot com

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.next.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:02:29 -0500

Donovan Rebbechi wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:32:20 -0500, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> >

> >Exceedingly poor analysis.
> >

> >You seem to forget that the number of criminals carrying guns tends
> >to remain unchanged by such laws.
> >
> >What part of VIOLENT LAW VIOLATOR do you not understand?
>
> Like a typical rightist, you erroneously paint everything in simple
> dichotomies. The world is not neatly divided into "criminals" /
> "VIOLENT LAW VIOLATEORS" and "law abiding citizens".
>
> Are all homicides committed by people with prior criminal convictions ?

100%?  No.

95%? Yes.

For someone working on his PhD, you sure are fucking STUPID.

What's wrong, does the prospect of the un-annointed posessing
firearms and keeping the money they earn bother you for some reason?

You are the goddamned WORST statist I have come across in months.

> --
> Donovan Rebbechi * http://pegasus.rutgers.edu/~elflord/ *
> elflord at panix dot com

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: Re: The Windows guy.
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:03:28 -0000

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:47:47 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:31:02 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

>into
>> >the

>> >Then it should be quite simple for you to provide a credible reference.
>> >Right?
>>
>> Any edition of the "dinosaur" book should do.
>
>Should it?  Are you guessing?  Have you actually read this in the book?
>Simply provide a page reference.

        Chapter 1, 5th edition.

--

        The term "popular" is MEANINGLESS in consumer computing. DOS3
          was more "popular" than contemporary Macintoshes despite the

          Network effects are everything in computing.
                                                               / | \

------------------------------

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:04:13 -0500

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:31:02 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >the

> >> Actually, any academic text on operating systems will
> >> extol the value of exploiting parallelism. This is what
> >> a "real pipe" can do that mere copies don't. They (and
> >> multitasking in general) allow for tasks to proceed as
> >> a collection of smaller tasks that may exercise different
> >> parts of the system simultaneously.
> >
> >Then it should be quite simple for you to provide a credible reference.
> >Right?
>
>         Any edition of the "dinosaur" book should do.

Cut to Barnes & Noble

Erik is standing in line at the checkout, holding a "Barney" book.

> --
>
>           The LGPL does infact tend to be used instead of the GPL in instances
>           where merely reusing a component, while not actually altering that
>           component, would be unecessarily burdensome to people seeking to
>         build their own works.
>
>           This dramatically alters the nature and usefulness of Free Software
>           in practice, contrary to the 'all viral all the time' fantasy the
>           anti-GPL cabal here would prefer one to believe.
>                                                                / | \

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: MS to Enforce Registration - or Else
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:05:47 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron Kulkis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:49:08 -0500
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>chrisv wrote:
>>
>> Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >Income taxes of ANY sort punish those who WORK, while letting those
>> >who live off of Grandpa's trust funds (Kennedys, Rockefellers) without
>> >paying a dime.  Replacing Income taxes with Sales taxes reverses
>> >this situation.
>>
>> But then the less you earn, the HIGHER PERCENTAGE of your income goes
>> to taxes.
>
>GOOD!

Interesting notion: should unearned income be taxable, and earned
income non-taxable?  (What is the diff?)

[.sigsnip]

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- this might be a dumb question, perhaps :-)
                    The Usenet channel.  All messages, all the time.

------------------------------

From: "Sam Morris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.next.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:06:53 -0000

> > > They are NOT petty attacks.  They are documentation of
> > > methodologies used in petty attacks against me.
> >
> > You take yourself far to seriously. Meanwhile you still
haven't
> > justified your petty attacks.
>
> False premise.
>
> Exposing the m.o. of habitual flamers is NOT a petty attack.

"G:  Knackos...you're a retard." sounds like a petty attack to
me. Drop it! You are doing noone any good.

--
Cheers,
Sam

"All your base are belong to us" - Cats

------------------------------

From: "Sam Morris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.next.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:10:54 -0000

Quite
> > the
> > fun

> > people
attaching

> > > non-sequitor.
> >
> > These people save bandwidth. You waste it. Meanwhile, you
still
> > haven't justified the petty attacks.
>
> False premise.
>
> Describing the modious operendi of these habitual flamers
> is *NOT* a petty attack.

Illogical, given that these "habitual flamers" never actually
seem to reply to you. I doubt it's because of your .sig's
mystical powers of deterrance. Your .sig *IS* full of petty
attacks, and you didn't reply to the fact that you waste
bandwidth.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:11:54 -0500

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:31:02 -0600, Erik Funkenbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> into
> > >the

> > >Then it should be quite simple for you to provide a credible reference.
> > >Right?
> >
> > Any edition of the "dinosaur" book should do.
>
> Should it?

Yes
>  Are you guessing?

No

>  Have you actually read this in the book?

Yes

> Simply provide a page reference.

Do your OWN homework, shithead.

You *DO* know how to use a subject index, don't you.

Clue for the fucking clueless (That includes YOU, Funkenbush):

        He's not talking about "The Adventures of Barney"

See:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0201100886/o/qid=982804266/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/107-8739579-6387762

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Microsoft seeks government help to stop Linux
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:14:52 -0500

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:10:55 -0500, Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >>         As long as the standard shells have range enough to get to
> >>         Redmond, you don't really need to add a nuclear warhead.
> >>         Those shells can do quite a bit of damage on their own.
> >>

> >I think we should start an underground rumor-campaing that such things,
> >are, in fact, in the works.
> >
> >Make old Bill paranoid.
>
> [deletia]
>
>         How big of a land vehicle do you think would be needed to mount
>         a single BB turret and carry sufficient fuel and provisions?

Well, they had the 180mm "Long Tom" gun on a tracked platform.
Self-propelled Artillery are always accompanied by ammunition
carriers, which can pack up and skedaddle quickly in case of
attack.  (It takes a lot of time to limber/unlimber a gun).

>         Then again, you could just scrounge up some surplus/vintage WWII
>         tanks... The Linux Panzer brigade... '-)

There we go!

> --
>
>         Freedom != Anarchy.
>
>           Some must be "opressed" in order for their
>         actions not to oppress the rest of us.

>                                                                / | \

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: Aaron Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 20:17:13 -0500

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 20 Feb 2001 23:12:06 GMT, Donovan Rebbechi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:04:49 -0500, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> >
> >>1. I favor the abolition of inheritance taxes for precisely that reason.
> >>Inheritance taxes are one of the MOST Marxist taxes around.
> >
> >On the contrary, creating a society that hands out rewards on the basis
> >of inheritance and not merit is a great way to create an aristocracy.
>
>         That still doesn't eliminate the fact that you are still
>         fucking with people's motivations to be productive.
>         Stealing from productive people to too great a degree
>         ends up being counterproductive.
>

> >Part of the problem is that you seem to be incapable of distinguishing
> >between merit and hereditary. This has already been established.
>
>         Plus, this occurs even in the presence of inheritance taxes.
>         The children of the wealthy still derive benefits from merely
>         being born to the right parents. You don't stop the formation
>         of aristocracy with death taxes. It's just an ineffective
>         feel-good measure that gives governments more money to wate.

Actually, death taxes and income taxes exacerbate the problem by
CONCENTRATING wealth into the hands of the politicians.

And then people wonder why government becomes corrupt.

The higher the tax rates, the more corrupt the politicians.

> >>2. How much you want to bet the the Kennedy's have never paid a dime
> >>in Inheritance taxes.
> >
> >Then maybe it's time to lower the thresholds and tighten the loopholes!
> >I bet that it's not the democrats who are fighting this ...
> [deletia]
>
> --
>
>         Having seen my prefered platform being eaten away by vendorlock and
>         the Lemming mentality in the past, I have a considerable motivation to
>         use Free Software that has nothing to do with ideology and everything
>         to do with pragmatism.
>
>         Free Software is the only way to level the playing field against a
>         market leader that has become immune to market pressures.
>
>         The other alternatives are giving up and just allowing the mediocrity
>         to walk all over you or to see your prefered product die slowly.

>                                                                / | \

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ()
Subject: too cool
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 01:18:43 GMT

When I tried to install XF84 4.0.1 I had a miserable failure.  Just recently
I've started to fuck around w/ 4.0.2;  not surprisingly, my first attempt was a
failure.  No problem.  Rename some directories around (old/new /usr/XF116 and
/etc/X11 directories).  I've only spent 5 minutes fucking around w/ getting xf86
4.0.2 vs. 3.3.6 to work, but I'm not hurried.  I can switch in a matter of 10
seconds.

--

Remove 'wakawaka' and 'invalid' to e-mail me.  You can thank spammers for this
inconvenience.

I didn't do it!  Nobody saw anything!  You can't prove anything! -- bart