  Re: Microsoft should be feared and despised ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:09:38 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Gunner> On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 17:55:20 GMT, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    >>
>    Aaron> Freedom from Communism to go their own way.
>    >>
>    >> Unlike you, I do not play favorites among totalitarians.
>    >>
>    >> Unlike you, I think all totalitarians suck.
>    >>
>    >> But then, unlike you I do not wish to be a totalitarian.
>    >>
>    >> And of course, unlike you, I am not a cowardly lying
>    >> forger.
>
>    Gunner> But we can all agree, that arming the Afghanis to kick out the Russians
>    Gunner> was a good idea, right?
>
> Kicking out the USSR was great.  Leaving enough arms that
> those thugs kill their own people and ours was problematic.

So, you volounteered and went to Afghanistan to disarm the militias, right.

Or are you a hypcrite.

> In hindsight it would appear that a middle road would have
> been better (more oversight, get the weapons back after...)
> But hindsight is tough.

Monday morning quarterback...

>    Gunner> 1. Gave the Russians a black eye they never recovered from.
>    Gunner> 2. Prevented their expansion into Turkey etc
>    Gunner> 3. Caused the Russians to fight not only a technological war at home
>    Gunner> (cold war) but a draining debilitating one on many fronts in Afghanistan
>    Gunner> 4. Gave pause to the Chinese against similar actions against those in
>    Gunner> Asia
>    Gunner> 5. Demonstrated that as far as America was concerned, they would indeed
>    Gunner> put their money where their mouth was in "the enemy of my enemy is my
>    Gunner> friend"
>    Gunner> 6. Gave pause to the Iotolla and his other ilk..afterall we were
>    Gunner> supporting a Fundamentalist cause.
>
>    Gunner> A half dozen reasons why it dont make a whit of difference if Sir Ronald
>    Gunner> Reagan called the Mohajadeen Freedom fighters or Muslim Rebels Against
>    Gunner> the Soviet Oppressor. It worked and was popular with the American
>    Gunner> peoples.
>
> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Subject: Re: Microsoft should be feared and despised
Date: 5 Apr 2001 11:04:00 -0500

On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:48:37 GMT, fmc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Chad Everett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>>
>> ******************************************************
>> By Chuck Mead on Monday April 02 2001 @ 11:55PM EDT
>> http://www.moongroup.com/stories.php?story=01/04/02/0156291
>>
>> Microsoft should be feared and despised!
>>
>> After taking the time to read the Microsoft Passport Web Site Terms of Use
>> and Notices I have had a belly full of them. The potential damage they can
>> do with this license is staggering. I encourage everyone to take the time
>to read it,
>> particularly the section entitled "LICENSE TO MICROSOFT". If you've ever
>> had any doubts about the nature of that company reading that section
>should
>> put them to rest for good and all!
>>
>> I don't know how many times I've heard Microsoft described as "evil" by
>> Linux zealots and open source supporters (which I am both) and thought,
>> "They're losing it... Microsoft is just a company!" but now I'm forced
>> to agree with them.  This license is heinous, and more, it's frightening
>> because I know that some people won't read it and will lose the rights
>> to their own data/content without knowing. Add that to the fact that
>> the license is clearly attempting to gain the rights to *ALL CONTENT
>> WHICH PASSES OVER ANY SERVICE THEY PROVIDE*. For example... this
>> article could be copied by someone and sent to someone else who uses
>> the hotmail email service. According to the license Microsoft would then
>> own the rights to this article! Unbelieveable you say? Go read it and see
>> for yourself.
>
>If what you're talking about is the Hotmail/Passport license, I've read it,
>and all you grant them is limited "publication" rights they need to fulfill
>your request.  By sending an email you're giving MS/Hotmail a piece of
>unsolicited intellectual property, with the expectation that they'll act as
>an intermediary and forward it to its destination.  Well, they really can't
>do anything with it without your permission, because it's still your
>intellectual property.   That's what those publication rights are for -
>you're granting them a license for a specific purpose.
>
>To assume anything beyond that leads to improbable scenarios; for instance,
>does Microsoft own the book, movie, and television rights to a novel that an
>author Hotmails to his publisher?  I don't think so.
>
> fm

I think you are either confused or stupid.  Possibly both.  I don't know what
you read, but it wasn't this:

---
LICENSE TO MICROSOFT

By posting messages, uploading files, inputting data, submitting any

feedback or suggestions, or engaging in any other form of communication

with or through the Passport Web Site, you warrant and represent that

you own or otherwise control the rights necessary to do so and you are

granting Microsoft and its affiliated companies permission to:

1. Use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly

perform, reproduce, publish, sublicense, create derivative works from,

transfer, or sell any such communication.

2. Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of

the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.

3. Publish your name in connection with any such communication.

The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary

rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under

copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant

jurisdiction. No compensation will be paid with respect to Microsoft's

use of the materials contained within such communication. Microsoft is

under no obligation to post or use any materials you may provide and may

remove such materials at any time in Microsoft's sole discretion."

---

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:11:06 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:24:34 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Roberto Alsina wrote:

>                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Aaron: read that-------------------------------------+

> >> If they are being forced they have an excuse. Having an excuse is
> >> not the same as being innocent.
> >

> >So, if your country is being invaded, and you volounteer to defend
> >your country, then you are an assasin.  But if you are drafted to
> >defend your country, you are "innocent"
>
> You are apparently unable to read. Perhaps with the ASCII art above
> you will.
>
> >Interesting Roberto, interesting.
>
> Nah, only a strawman.
>
> >You're...what...25 years old?
>
> I was 25 years old once.

Alas, your mind isn't keeping up.

You should, like, do something about that.

I suggest you spend more time in the library, specifically the history section.

In those that use the Dewey Decimal system, it's the 900 section.

> You will be someday. At least physically.
>
> --
> Roberto Alsina

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Rob Barris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 16:14:22 GMT

> [...]
> >your request.  By sending an email you're giving MS/Hotmail a piece of
> >unsolicited intellectual property, with the expectation that they'll act
> >as
> >an intermediary and forward it to its destination.  Well, they really
> >can't
> >do anything with it without your permission, because it's still your
> >intellectual property.   That's what those publication rights are for -
> >you're granting them a license for a specific purpose.
> >
> >To assume anything beyond that leads to improbable scenarios; for
> >instance,
> >does Microsoft own the book, movie, and television rights to a novel
> >that an
> >author Hotmails to his publisher?  I don't think so.
> >
> > fm
> >

> I think you are either confused or stupid.  Possibly both.  I don't know

The terms were changed.

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-5508903.html?tag=mn_hd

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,42811,00.html

Rob

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:15:00 -0400

"Stephen S. Edwards II" wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> : F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> :    adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
>
> If you're going to have a very large and annoying
> signature, at least have the ability to get names
> right... it's "Jessica" Hahn.

Yes...now, tell us what significance Jessica and Tammy had in rev. Baker's
sordid story...

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Undeniable proof that Aaron R. Kulkis is a hypocrite, and a luser...
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:16:46 -0400

"Stephen S. Edwards II" wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> : "Stephen S. Edwards II" wrote:
>
> : > Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> : >
> : > : Charles Lyttle wrote:
> : >
> : > : > "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
>
> : > : >> How else do you explain a quick, nimble fighter jet colliding with
> : > : >> a slow, lumbering patrol plane in clear weather.
>
> : > : > The patrol plane cheated. It had 4 engines with propellers. Mao proved
> : > : > that such a thing couldn't fly.
>
> : > : No, not really.
> : > : The Chinese plane used Aaron´s self written multiuser/multitasking system
> : >
> : > You mean, Aaron's operating system that uses his
> : > PatentedHighlyTechnicalThingies(tm) in it?  Yeah,
> : > that's one sweet operating system.  My favorite
> : > feature is the high-end stuff that it has in it.
> : >
> : > Of course, in the spirit of Kulkan logic, I'm
> : > using words like "thingies" and "stuff", because
> : > they are things that I know that I know about, and
> : > I don't care to discuss them, because that would
> : > be childish.  Oh, and I fought the Japanese Empire
> : > in WWII as well.  Piloted a P-51 Mustang, I did.
> : >
> : > </SARCASM>
> : >
> : > Anyone who knows about Kulkan logic should find
> : > this at least mildly amusing.
>
> : Awwwwwww, poow widdle windows wuser.....
>
> Explain this entry from your header:

>                                                    ^^^^^
> Are you going to stick to the claim that this
> is a "forgery" to fool others?  I challenge
> you to prove this is so, by posting the
> portion of the already publicly-available source
> code for Mozilla which you have modified to do this.
> Put up, or shut up, soldier boy.

Here's a thought....what if the header contains not only a false OS
description, but a false application description as well.

Sun Tzu, you ain't.

> Wagers on whether or not he'll actually do this, anyone?
>
> Oh, and while we're at it, how about a
> "clue for the fscking clueless"?
>
> I'm posting this from a BSD/OS server, to which I am
> connected through NetBSD 1.5.  I have no idea where
> you got the idea that I'm using Windows at all, but
> I'm certain any theories that you might have will
> be quite amusing.
>
> [snipped astoundingly idiotic signature for the
>  900-billionth time]

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 12:18:34 -0400

Craig Kelley wrote:

> "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Oh, so the Rep's were the only ones honest about their dealings?
>
> Of course not, but at least republicans go after Microsoft with the
> intent of restoring a free market, and not with some loony class-war
> redistribution of wealth fanaticism.
>
> > Here is a better idea, have these parties publicly funded according
> > to their share of the votes (like how NZ do it), and not allows
> > corps and influencial people to bribe, sorry, "donate" to parties.
> > The system in New Zealand is that you come towards a election
> > funding board, and demonstrated that you have a certain number of
> > people supporting you, hence, Labour and National, who are the main
> > two parties get more money for campaigning than say, Alliance or the
> > Greens that only recieved around 15% and 7% respetively, of the
> > votes at the last elections.
>
> That would be horrible.  First of all, it gives the biggest parties
> more money to maintain their strangle-hold on politics.  Secondly, it
> wouldn't address the super-soft money that is silently spent by the
> mass media on their candidates of choice.  Thirdly, it abridges our
> freedom of speech by masking what we can say (our supreme court has
> ruled that money is speech).

Specifically, money spent in the exercise of free speech.

> --
> It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
> Craig Kelley  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP block

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.