From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: German armed forces ban MS software  <gloat!>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:35:22 -0500

Dave Martel wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:11:49 -0700, Michael Vester
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> I've yet to meet a manager who was even aware of USENET before my mentioning it.
> >>
> >I have exactly the same experience with all the managers I have met.
>
> Dang, where was that...
>
> Somewhere in my browsings I read of an outfit that needed to replace
> their old out-of-date machines and was trying to decide whether to get
> new machines and install Windows, get new machines and install Linux,
> or go with Apple. After being intense technical arguments by all three
> factions, the manager decided to go with Macs.
>
> The reason? Their colors went well with the office decor.

A pretty good reason why most managers should not be trusted with
platform decisions....thus indicting the entire "Windows is better--
see how many desktops it's on?" argument

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: chrisv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Kulkis not Chad, Gates (was Re Unix/Linux Professionalism)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:36:27 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>chrisv wrote:
>>
>> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >I have no interest in starting a conversation with a moron who is
>> >just throwing out terms which he himself has not the slightest understanding.
>>
>> You don't really believe that this crap flies, do you?
>>
>Can you describe a BETTER way to determine if Mr. Everett was bluffing,
>quickly, without risking a large, wasted effort in the event that his
>plan was to do nothing other than ask "why?" after everything I post?

It's quite comical to watch you twist and turn and avoid just
"answering the damn question" when your bluff has been called.  LOL!

>> You have been OUTED.
>
>No.  You are a moron.

Whether or not I'm a moron in irrelevant to the point of this thread.
That is, your BLUFF was CALLED.  LOL!

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: What is user friendly?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:38:03 -0500

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 14:12:43 -0500, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Steve Mading wrote:
> >>
> >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> : "T. Max Devlin" wrote:
> >> :>
> >> :>
> >> :> Taxes don't pay prof's salaries, Aaron.
> >>
> >> : Really?
> >>
> >> : Then where do the tax dollars come from?
> >>
> >> Ever heard of "tuition"?
> >
> >The only college in the nation which accepts no government funds of
> >any sort is Hillsdale College in Michigan.  And even then, the
> >tuition is supplemented with a LARGE pool of donations from alumni
> >and other willing gift givers.
> >

> You're all forgetting that a BIG source of money for most professors
> is research grant money.

which is just another name for TAX DOLLARS.

And no....Hillsdale does NOT accept government research grants.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:39:04 -0500

WesTralia wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > WesTralia wrote:

> > > Yes, all of the remote login stuff is very easily achieved with UNIX
> > > systems.  It's a breeze.  Where the s-t-r-e-t-c-h comes in is that
> > > Aaron supposedly is able to freely login to untrusted hosts from his
> > > contract jobs.  Yeah right!  Do you think General Motors gives contract
> > > workers wide open network access both inside and outside?  How about
> > > K-mart?
> > >
> > > Contract workers are the most restricted workers within a company in
> > > terms of network access.
> > >
> > > This line of Aaron's bs is worse that his mail header string bs.
> > >

> > I have my ways.
> >

> Well, I wasn't going to tell you this Aaron, but I am actually a CEO
> of one of the most successful dot-com startups ever to grace this Earth;
> I have an 8 figure salary; from time to time I date Pamela Sue Anderson;
> most of my afternoons are spent playing computer games with Hugh Hefner
> at Mansion West; the NSA gives me free access to their networks;  I was
> part of the underground that brought George W to power;  I invented the
> SCUD missle; Donald Trump mows my lawn; I designed the Space Shuttle;
> Did I tell you that I have an 8 figure salary?
>
> Hey!  This is fun being you, Aaron... Ooooops!  Gotta run... my mom just
> made me my favorite -- Spaghetti-Os.

never heard of telephone lines, have you?

> --
> -wt

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: chrisv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:39:21 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>chrisv wrote:
>>
>> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >I have no interest in wasting time with people who aren't interested
>> >in a genuine discussion.
>>
>> LOL!  Translation:  My bluff was called, and I embarrassed myself
>> badly.
>
>Wrong.  I was testing to see if HE was bluffing, by asking him to
>demonstrate his ABILITY to carry on a coherent discussion.
>
>Or are you too stupid to understand this.

Repeating this excuse over and over doesn't make it any more credible.

OUTED!

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:40:20 -0500

WesTralia wrote:

> Chad Everett wrote:
> >
> > The following is an amazing confession by Mr. Kulkis.  It's the
> > kind of thing a therapist sees after spending years with a
> > particularly difficult and troubled patient and then, one day,
> > the patient suddenly just opens up and reveals all the previously
> > hidden motivations that explain everything.
> >
> > Read the following carefully and you will see the reasons why
> > Mr. Kulkis has fabricated and created his USENET identity:
> >
> >         Aaron R. Kulkis
> >         Unix Systems Engineer
> >         DNRC Minister of all I survey
> >         ICQ # 3056642
> >
> > Through the power of self-hypnosis (see the link Aaron provides
> > below:  http://www.trucor.com) Aaron has transformed himself from
> > a Windows 98 user into a highly paid, Unix Systems Engineer who
> > is Minister of all he surveys.  He has "created, within himself,
> > ....a new person...who has the power to do what the 'real Aaron'
> > cannot".
> >

> LOL!!!! OH MAN I AM BUSTING A GUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You announced yesterday that you were leaving.

What happened, liar....

>                    THE AARON MANIFESTO

> > >Yes...I did like it.  And it just showed up on cable last night, to
> > >remind me of exactly WHY I liked it.
> > >
> > >Sometime, if something is holding you back, keeping you from achieving
> > >what you want to achieve...then the best way to overcome that roadblock
> > >is to create, within yourself...a new person...who has the power to do
> > >what 'the real you' (*) cannot.
> > >

> > >I first learned of this concept from Mark Cunningham (http://www.trucor.com),
> > >who, during his time in VietNam, was in the Special Forces.  To assist him
> > >in performing his mission, he was allowed to wear whatever rank he chose...
> > >whatever he saw fit as being the most effective to complete his missions.
> > >
> > >He chose the rank of Major, because it put him one step up above the
> > >veritable sea of captains on any significant installation, but was still
> > >low enough that it wouldn't attract unnecessary attention like a
> > >Lieutenant Colonol or Colonel.
> > >

> > >Thus...To this day, depending on what he's doing, Mark will refer to
> > >himself using one of two names.  Either Mark Cunningham, a laid-back,
> > >roly-poly, over-the-hill, balding dude, or "Major Mark", a man who
> > >(among a lot of other things) is STILL able to score pretty young
> > >chicks at the gym.
> > >
> > >your "identity" is nothing more than the internal *MODEL* of yourself
> > >which you use to interact with the rest of the world.
> > >
> > >   (*) whatever the fuck "the real you" is.
> > >
> > >To paraphrase the tagline of the "Vince & Larry crash test dummy" PSA's...
> > >
> > >"You can learn a lot from a schizophrenic."
> > >
> > >In the case of Fight Club....if you go back and re-watch the film, what
> > >you are watching is the DEVELOPMENT of a very powerful...for lack of a
> > >better word... "alter ego" (+)...which let's this overworked, underpaid
> > >guy take control of his life, and achieve his dreams.
> > >
> > >The fact that this one particular man's dreams are...a little twisted,
> > >indicts the technique not in the slightest.  A gun in the hands of a
> > >bank robber is bad.  A gun in the hands of the cop ARRESTING the
> > >bank robber is good.  The gun itself is neutral.  So is the development
> > >and maintenance of 'alternate personalities'
> > >
> > >    (+) alter-ego is based on ludicrous notion that there is a "real you",
> > >    and any other personality traits you exhibit are...somehow...alien,
> > >    or something.
> > >

> > >In fact...if you look in life, practically everyone you know who is
> > >really successful...does exactly that.  One of your identities is
> > >T. Max Devlin, USENET poster.  I'm sure that you have a whole host
> > >of other identities which you quickly transition between throughout
> > >the day.  In some situations, you are Mr. Devlin, technologist.
> > >When you go home, you become "Daddy".  When you go to your parents
> > >house, you revert to "[some other name] son of [mom] and [dad]"

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: US Navy carrier to adopt Win2k infrastructure
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:38:58 -0800

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> Shane Phelps wrote:
> > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
> >> >
> >> Sure they do.
> >> They seem to believe that it adds credibility to either one of them, if
> >> at least someone replies to them without telling all the world that
> >> they did lie again, which they constantly do, or "detecting" a serious
> >> flaws in SSH. Alternativly they can find to their own amazement how
> >> very stable W2K is / how fast compared to linux / yadda yadda.
> >> Naturally, no one would believe anything of that, even people new to
> >> this group quickly find out their true nature.
> >>

> > You forgot Jan's alter ego, Conrad. He doesn't seem to come out to play
> > as much now though.
> >

> Probably laid off as MS is loosing worth at wall street. Could happen to
> Jon and Chad any time soon. Erik will stay a little bit longer on their
> pairoll, I guess, he trolls a little bit more intelligent.
> Jon is just plain dumb, shouting "W2K is stable" without convincing
> evidence will earn him nothing. I don´t blieve it.
> Chad has shown his lunacy enough in the SSH-thread.
> So both should be burned enough to be laid off also.
>
> I wonder though what happened to the flatfish character. He was very
> prominent around here trolling for windows, then later even getting a
> little bit critic about MS´s behaviour. Suddenly nothing any more.
> He was suspected at first being a paid shill, I do not think he was.
> Jon / Conrad / Chad probably are, as well as Erik.
>
> Peter
>
> --
> Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Hi all.  I now remember an older report in the "Free VMS" movement,
which is having a hard time moving, in regards to "Ring levels" in the
Intel processors.  Then I saw an older report that microsoft removed the
ring levels in NT 3 to make NT 4 claiming to boost the performance of
the O/S.  It is my understanding that the ring levels were to separate
the kernel from the apps in hardware.  If this is really true then this
is the central core of Microsoft system crashes and instability.  When I
went to VAX school they gave a rudimentary overview of the internals and
mentioned this feature in the VAX architecture.  Knowing that Cutler
wrote NT 3 I wouldn't be surprised that ring levels were a part of his
consideration.  He was then let go and microsoft then moved to remove
the ring level feature from the O/S as I've read in the local papers
here in Seattle.
Could anyone else comment on the use of hardware ring levels?

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:42:38 -0500

GreyCloud wrote:

> Barry Manilow wrote:
> >
> > GreyCloud wrote:

> > Boy then u will really love me Aaron.  I am still a card-carrying
> > member of the Communist Party USA.  Yes they give you a card.  :)  I
> > just joined a couple of years ago.  You may be interested to know that
> > the CPUSA is a democratic party in this country.  Their agenda is
> > really nothing less free than the democracy we have now...no brutal
> > police state at all.  They do believe in suppression of "hate speech"
> > tho.  You may also be interested to know that despite the stuff about
> > communism being dead, it is not dead at all in this country.  In fact,
> > in the last ten years, membership in the CPUSA has increased 400% and
> > is now at about 50,000.  They are the fastest growing part on the
> > left.
>
> I don't know about you, but the current form of communism is very
> corrupt in its current concept.  Karl Marx was a corporation hater.
> I've read all he had written and I'm convinced that he was no different
> that little johny getting jealous because little jimmy got a bigger
> piece of pie than he did.  How anyone could support Stalins' view point
> I don't understand, as ol' Uncle Joe has killed more of his own people
> than Hitlers' regime did.  (The number is approaching between 50 to 63
> million people during his time).  IMO communism is hive thinking.

Marx is wrong because he believed that the power to oppress
lies in MONEY.....which is wrong.   The power to oppress lies
in GOVERNMENT.

By attacking those with with the financial resources to resist,
Marx actually makes it EASIER for those in government to oppress
the masses.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:43:28 GMT

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:24:44 -0500, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Apple DOS
>CP/M

Wow!  Thanks for the memories.  I used to spend many a evening with my Apple II+
outfitted with a Z-80 CPU card so I could run CP/M.  I had two floppy controller
cards installed so I could have *four* floppy drives.  Remeber the Apple swap
meets: buy your own motherboard and case, etc.  Woo! Hoo!  I used to wish I
could afford one of the those S-100 systems.  Man, thanks for the memories.

>MS-DOS

and then the evil IBM PC came along and the world was never quite the same.

Of course, we all now know that Mr Kulkis is at least 40 years old.