From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Germany Denies Microsoft Ban
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:40:50 -0500

GreyCloud wrote:

> Chad Everett wrote:

>http://groups.google.com/groups?q=solaris+author:jan+author:johanson&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&scoring=relevance&as_drrb=quick&as_qdr=&as_mind=15&as_minm=8&as_miny=2000&as_maxd=20&as_maxm=3&as_maxy=2001&rnum=6&seld=936114375&ic=1

> > >I have to agree on this one as well.  I've seen this behavior before in
> > >misplaced loyalty to a product.  The phone systems' backbone is UNIX.
> > >Never had any problems talking on the phone to anybody.
> > >

> > Try getting Microsoft technical support on the phone.
> LOL!!  Imagine if the phone systems' backbone was windows??
>
> "Your call cannot be completed as the Chicago PBX has had a BSOD!"
> "Please try again later as we reboot"

"Hello, operator? Yes, I was talking to Chicago and just got cut---hello? hello?"

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Kulkis not Chad, Gates (was Re Unix/Linux Professionalism)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:42:01 -0500

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:44:24 GMT, Chris Ahlstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Chad Everett wrote:
> >>
> >> But any programmer who was was any good, if they're going to go to the trouble
> >> of modifying the Netscape identity string and re-compile, would modify the code
> >> so that it would generate the identity string by reading an external config
> >> file.  That way the string could be changed at will, without re-compiling.
> >>
> >> You are either lying, or a very poor programmer.   Maybe both.
> >
> >All AK wants is to make it a little more difficult for the average dork
> >to enumerate his system.  He doesn't want to change the string at will.
> >He wants it to stay the same.  He went to a module and modified the
> >construction of the string.  That is all he needed to do for his
> >purpose.
> >

> False premise.  He hasn't done it at all.

Prove it.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: More Microsoft security concerns: Wall Street Journal
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:44:19 -0500

Chad Everett wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:37:51 GMT, Chad Everett wrote:
> >
> >Microsoft's HailStorm Initiative
> >Raises Security, Privacy Questions
> >
> >   By Rebecca Buckman
> >   Staff Reporter of The Wall Street Journal
> >
> > [-SNIP-]
> >
> >   Microsoft officials acknowledge that running large Internet services
> >   isn't their traditional strength.
> >
> > [-SNIP-]
> >

> See, even Microsoft agrees with me.

Heh heheheheheheh

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: German armed forces ban MS software  <gloat!>
Date: 24 Mar 2001 15:45:05 -0600

> Said Jon Johanson in alt.destroy.microsoft on 23 Mar 2001 10:24:10
> >"T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> Said Chris Ahlstrom in alt.destroy.microsoft on Tue, 20 Mar 2001

> >employee

> >> With a password, "Netscape programmers are weenies!"  ;-D
> >>
> >> Guffaw.
> >
> >You're closer with this last word. It IS a joke.
>
> Setting aside for the moment the fact that Microsoft Corp.'s Web server
> software is a joke, we are left with the fact that it has a SERIOUS
> SECURITY HOLE in terms of a back door.

Hard to set aside when it's one of the single best web servers on the planet
but, sure, we'll skip that for now.

WHAT security hole? What back door? EH?

> Now, you've been ranting, as
> sock puppets are want to do, that this is all some fabrication, because
> it does not open any serious security holes in the HOST OPERATING
> SYSTEM.

Glad to know that we agree there are no serious security holes in the host
OS, windows.

>Yet the web server software does have the back door, and it
> therefore represents a SERIOUS SECURITY HOLE which was purposefully put
> in place by Microsoft, apparently.  No amount of denial will make it go
> away.

OK, please, tell me exactly what this "SERIOUS SECURITY HOLE" is? Please
document it. And, it doesn't count if you give some anti-ms article later
disproven. Show me the security hole that exists with some details on how to
use it. Something other than the fact that there is a silly string within a
rarely used DLL of some application extensions which every security expert
on the planet knows doesn't do anything.

> Similarly, the way the sock puppets have lost no time claiming the
> recent announcements about the German armed forces are "entirely wrong",
> simply because Microsoft managed to get some denials published.

So, I guess simply because a single reporter for a single german magazine
manages to get his story published it makes it fact? Gee, isn't that fact
that NO ONE else has confirmed this story and in fact has ignored it, even
the huge anti-ms rag The register hasn't stooped that low (or has it, I
don't read it) -- and you still insist it's true? Wow, who is the one we
should be calling the sock puppet? I consider proof to be more than a single
article without any evidence flying in the fact of official denial from the
agency itself.

>As is
> typical, they aren't so much denials as clarifications pretending to be
> denials (for those who went overboard on the original statements, such
> as whoever started this thread), but that's more than good enough for
> the sock puppets.

but some random reporter writing a story without quoting ANY sources or ANY
proof whatsoever, since it's anti-MS, you instantly believe it's the truth?

THIS is an example of why linux lovers never make it in the real world. The
concepts of truth and honesty don't mean anything to them. They have an
agenda, the decimation of anything MS, and they let nothing like facts and
proof, slow them down.

> --
> T. Max Devlin
>   *** The best way to convince another is
>           to state your case moderately and
>              accurately.   - Benjamin Franklin ***

I suggest you take your own .sig advice.

------------------------------

From: "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 24 Mar 2001 15:47:05 -0600

"The Ghost In The Machine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>  wrote
> on Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:22:11 -0500
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> >Jon Johanson wrote:
> >>
> >> "Chris Ahlstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> >> employee

> >> No, it's neither. It's a joke.
> >
> >ALL of Mafia$oft's code is a JOKE.
>
> Admittedly, how would we know?  It's not like they submit it for
> review by the general hacking public or anything.... :-)
>
> Maybe if one is willing to spring for thousands of licenses.

Actually - you can get a gander at MS OS source code with the purchase of as
little as 1000 CALs under the enterprise select licensing model and some
cash. Linux _users_ seem to believe that the Windows souce is utterly
unavialable since you can't download it for free from any anonymous FTP site
of their choosing.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Chad Myers dying
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 16:47:34 -0500

His stock is down 98% since he arrived here.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (FM)
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: What is user friendly?
Date: 24 Mar 2001 21:51:16 GMT

Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>FM wrote:
>>
>> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> >So obsolete that EVERY Fortune 500 company has a shitload of COBOL applications....
>> >without which, they companies would fall into chaos within hours.
>>
>> What part of "more" did you not understand?
>
>If it's obsolete, why isn't it being replaced?
>
>If it's obsolete, why are NEW applications being written in it?

What part of "more" did you not understand?

--
The artist's only responsibility is to his art. He will be completely
ruthless if he is a good one...If a writer has to rob his mother, he

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:56:03 GMT

On 24 Mar 2001 15:38:10 -0600, Jan Johanson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>gee, how about providing the copyright notice and some advertising when you
>rip off a post so large...

Sure. How's this Bucko:

You may download, reformat and print a limited amount of WSJ.com
content for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also
include excerpts or limited portions of WSJ.com information in
printed memos, reports and presentations.

I am not clear what kind of advertising you'd like to see though.

------------------------------

From: "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux dying
Date: 24 Mar 2001 15:57:06 -0600

"2 + 2" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:99h6dm$o2g$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> I just posted a link where IBM is puting high end clusters on Linux.

So? IBM has yet to sell any of this. So, perhaps they are doing this at a
loss and expect to make up for it in volume (joke, hehe)

> Linux is making its presence felt at all levels.

felt? sure. Penetration? Sure, at the expense of other older/uglier unixes
falling aside, and the continued demise of netware and os/2. Meanwhile
NT/W2K penetration increases faster ...

> What is great about Linux is that its underhyped.

Funny - it seems vastly overhyped to me. Ask anyone in the stock market what
they think of when someone asks for a definition of "overhyped" - ... hahaa

> I have said that it needs a real component model to replace that kludge
> CORBA.

You said it.

> A few talented people will come up with something, that just appears out
of
> nowhere, like PHP.

Counting on miracles?

> Linux is a tremendous competitor. The talent in the open source movement
> cannot be underestimated.

Agreed. Most definately. Linux advocates seem to underestimate windows
advocates all the time. but never nearly as much as they underestimate
NT/W2K. It will be their downfall to continue to believe that they only need
focus on their own internal achievments and imagine that MS wall fall of
it's own doing or that windows will simply stop being the most popular OS on
the planet... just like that. The underestimation finger points at the linux
camp with it's blinders on - a true windows advocate is clearly aware of
linux and it's worthyness. Linux is a fine little OS, there is something to
be learned from it. It is a strong _technological_ competetor (a total
failure in most any other arena, especially as a business model) but so were
Netware and OS/2 and Solaris but they've failed and so too will Linux unless
it changes it's holier-than-thou approach to things.

> Microsoft knows that Linux, not Sun or Oracle, is its real competitor.

Sure, Sun/Oracle has already been defeated (Sun just lost a huge super
computer bid in australia because it wasn't able to prove it's reliability
claims, Compaq won the bid instead on NT/Alpha machines).

> Oracle is a overpriced, one product show, underlain by marketing. Larry
> Ellison worked for IBM and was more agile with the relational database.
Add
> tremendous marketing to a limited product.

eh...

> Sun is tying everything to a single language (add VM problems to High
Level
> Language problems, a HISTORIC idiocy), like putting a noose around its own
> neck. I have predicted a couple of years ago that Dell would end up buying
> Sun in a few years, mostly for its ambiance, rather than anything of real
> tech value.

hehe

> Sun specializes in much that doesn't quite work, especially without some
> overprices Sun server.

oh yea...

> During the antitrust trial, Maritz was being cross-examined by Boies about
> the threat from Linux and the open source movement.

(you do know that boies has lost the MS trial, lost the napster trial and
three of the five other high profile cases he's been on before - not quite a
track record. the DoJ is NOT using Boies again)

> Boies used a Wash Post article quoting a Red Hat exec, saying oh, it's
just
> a few hundred of us at Red Hat.
>
> The big fat pumpkin "when's lunch" Judge Jackson: "What are they,
> hobbyists?"
>
> Maritz: "It's a small army of very talented people."
>
> That's about right on the dime: "a small army."

I like to think of the linux "army" as the Iraqi Republican Guard... the
uninformed world press feared them and hence the masses beliving what they
read/were told feared them and untold NATO casulties too. Now picture MS as
the US in the Gulf War. Keep proding it... takes time to build up forces...
and then one day... :)

------------------------------

From: "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 24 Mar 2001 16:02:04 -0600

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:99hefe$tsa$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >>Red Hat has started charging for their update services
> >>in a futile attempt to actually make money sometime in
> >>the next 10 years.
>
> Redhat has just been reported to have "broken even" for the last quarter,
> and thus to have exceeded market expectations[1].

WOW! broken even! woo hoo - I guess when you fire most of your staff,
eliminate your advertising budget, start charging for a  product you get for
free yourself, broke even really is impressive. I'm sure the stock holders
are impressed too - ahahahhahhahaha, ya know, lots of people laughed when
someone here said he bought MS stock, I sure as hell would rather have that
depressed MS stock rather than ANY linux company's stock right now!!

------------------------------

From: "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 24 Mar 2001 16:03:04 -0600

"Roy Culley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> In article <wC2v6.22314$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > "Shares of Red Hat have lost 91 percent of their value since
> >  reaching its 52-week high of $64-1/16, while the Nasdaq
> >  Composite has lost 62 percent in the same period."
>
> And Microsoft have lost over 60% of their value in the last 52 week
> period. I think this affects a lot more investers than redhat.

And MS is STILL returning a profit in the 10 digit range!

------------------------------

From: "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 24 Mar 2001 16:04:04 -0600

"Chad Everett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2001, Chad Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> ><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:99hefe$tsa$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >>
> >> Redhat has just been reported to have "broken even" for the last
quarter,
> >> and thus to have exceeded market expectations[1].
> >
> >They still lost $600,000 this quarter. It boils to $0/share but they
> >still lost money. There was no profit.
> >
> >Oh yeah, and this:
> >
> >"Shares of Red Hat have lost 91 percent of their value since
> > reaching its 52-week high of $64-1/16, while the Nasdaq
> > Composite has lost 62 percent in the same period."
> >

> Since Microsoft has lost about 52% of its value since reaching
> it 52-week high of 115 (about one year ago), you are probably
> not suggesting that these stock values are much of an indication
> of the health of the company.  Right?

ANY company making profits in the 10 digit range is as healthy as I can
imagine!

Considering MS has OVER $24,000,000,000 in _CASH_ reserves, I'd say they are
capable of losing another 50% of their value and still not even notice.

Then again, MS hasn't announced it's quarterlies yet - expect they've beat
estimations is what the little birdy I know tells me.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie Ebert)
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:04:39 GMT

In article <9m7v6.23747$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Chad Myers wrote:

>"David Steinberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
>news:99ive2$525$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>> Chad Myers ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>> : Compare that with Red Hat, who considers it a major acheivement if
>> : they only lose x amount vs y amount. Meeting analysts expectations
>> : consists of not losing as much as normal.
>>
>> : And we won't even go into market cap. That $52 that MS has is
>> : after dozens of splits.
>>
>> What a pointless thread.
>>
>> If your point is that Microsoft is a larger and more profitable company
>> than Red Hat, I don't think anyone here is going to disagree.
>
>It seems though, that there are people in this group, who reply to
>my posts, that don't seem to get this. They think that MS losing 60%
>and RHAT losing 60% are the same thing and are comparable, which they
>are not.
>
>-c

Chad never ceases amaze me.

You take some guy who has say $27,000 worth of Microsoft Stock.
And you tell him that he's just lost 60% of his investment and
that he shouldn't worry as Microsoft is still very sound.

I mean you tickle me pink budd.

Have you considered doing a stage show in Vegas?

Charlie

------------------------------

From: "Jan Johanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 24 Mar 2001 16:05:04 -0600

"David Steinberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:99ive2$525$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Chad Myers ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> : Compare that with Red Hat, who considers it a major acheivement if
> : they only lose x amount vs y amount. Meeting analysts expectations
> : consists of not losing as much as normal.
>
> : And we won't even go into market cap. That $52 that MS has is
> : after dozens of splits.
>
> What a pointless thread.
>
> If your point is that Microsoft is a larger and more profitable company
> than Red Hat, I don't think anyone here is going to disagree.
>
> However, if you'd like anyone to conclude from this that Linux is dying,
> as the subject suggests, you've got your work cut out for you.  Quit
> telling us what we already know, and prove to us that Linux is dying.

How about the fact that despite Linux is free (versus a bizzillion dollars
(or so it's claimed by linvocates) for Windows CALs) and that it's been
hyped beyond all recognition - it's still not beating NT/W2K installations
worldwide?