From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: US Navy carrier to adopt Win2k infrastructure
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:07:27 -0800

Chad Myers wrote:

> "GreyCloud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "T. Max Devlin" wrote:
> > >
> > > Said Chad Myers in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Wed, 28 Mar 2001 01:23:30

> > > Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!  No, I don't see any indication that CE ever had any
> > > significant share.  Just MS getting more and more desperate for someone
> > > to buy *any*.  There's nothing at all whatsoever in that quote to
> > > indicate MS ever had any success at all in embedded systems, save
> > > perhaps some self-serving insinuations by Mr. Ballmer.

> > > No, the claim, which you made, was:  (to requote)
> > >
> > > [Bob:]
> > > >> >>
> > > [Chad:]
> > >
> > > And not only is that still valid, unrefuted by your rather pitiful
> > > attempt at legerdemain, but proven even more so by the attention.  Yes,
> > > we have facts to back up our claim that nobody wants it.  No, you have
> > > no facts to back up your claim that a) we have no facts to back that up,
> > > and b) that MS had any significant success in embedded systems.
> > >
> > > You're Oh-for-two, Sparky.  Wanna give up?

> > > Guess not.
> >
> > All I've seen at the stores here are Palms running 3.x... no mention of
> > CE.
> > The HP jornada using CE has disappeared on the shelves.  No interest.
>
> Just an update on the whole Palm vs. PocketPC:
>
> http://www.crn.com/Components/Search/Article.asp?ArticleID=24767
>
> The fact is, the Palm stuff is old. Black and white with poor Internet
> integration is out, Color fully-functional integrated Internet is in.
>
> -c

Well, I'm not into any of those devices... I looked at the Jornada in
the store with all its color and the LCD was weak compared to other
LCDs.  I wasn't impressed with it.
Some will say that in business that color doesn't matter and some will
say its the only way to have it.  yes, the palms have been around for a
while.

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Unix/Linux Professionalism
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:13:16 -0800

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
> >
> > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >  wrote
> > on Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:47:24 -0500
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > >Chad Everett wrote:
> >
> > [snip]

> > >Translation: If Mafia$oft wasn't pre-installed, he wouldn't have
> > >a preference.
> > >

> > >Thank you for that VERY telling admission.
> >
> > That's easily fixed. :-)  The simplest method is to point Chad
> > at a website that sells preinstalled Linux computers.
> >

> Compaq will be selling pre-installed Linux this summer
>
> HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

http://www.hp.com/workstations/products/linux/plclass/index.html

Here is another vendor selling pre-installed Linux.

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Kulkis not Chad, Gates (was Re Unix/Linux Professionalism)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 01:43:55 -0800

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Fred K Ollinger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Notice how most of the communists hide out in academia...

I seem to remember a catholic saying "Give me your children to educate
and they will stay catholic".   The NEA (National Education Association)
which supports the democratic party, seem to have the same goal.  Makes
one wonder if the GOP will last or even be around in another 20 years.
Its only my assumptions of course.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,soc.singles
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:34:24 -0500

GreyCloud wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > Fred K Ollinger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > Notice how most of the communists hide out in academia...
> >

> I seem to remember a catholic saying "Give me your children to educate
> and they will stay catholic".   The NEA (National Education Association)
> which supports the democratic party, seem to have the same goal.  Makes
> one wonder if the GOP will last or even be around in another 20 years.
> Its only my assumptions of course.

Most people with a control-the-masses agenda try to maximize the
percentage of children put into their hands.

This is why the NEA is so afraid of non-government schools...

I mean..the opening of more schools should HELP the typical NEA
member, as this creates a demand for MORE teachers...

Yet...if they are private schools, beyond the reach of NEA's
political control...well, that's a cause for concern...regardless
if the resulting market forces actually raise teacher's salaries
due to increased demand.

> [...]
> > winners and which will be losers.
> >
> > If that's the kind of life you advocate, then I strongly suggest that
> > you join the military...not the guard or reserve...ACTIVE DUTY..FULL TIME.
> > ...and no bailing out before retirement, either, hypcrite.
> >
> > > where there is no ghetto?
> >
> > Property taxes burden the poor the heaviest.
> >

> > > : > The fact is that you really dont know alot about alot of things, do you.
> > >
> > > I know very little, this is true.
> > >
> > > : Actually, I do.  I've read some of Marx's books (from cover to cover),
> > > : to find out EXACTLY what the idiotic system is based upon.
> > >
> > > Idiotic in what way?
> > >
> > > Fred
> >
> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,misc.invest.stocks
Subject: Re: Java, the "Dot-Com" Language?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 04:36:57 -0500

2 + 2 wrote:

> As we see the dot-com meltdown, how do we access all the money wasted on
> overpriced software projects that promise the world but deliver very little?
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You neglected to mention that the cost overruns are disproportionately on
Mafia$oft platforms.

> Sun is, no doubt, taking a big hit to its bottom line.

You're joking, right?

> Perhaps Dell, which has be same profit level as Sun BEFORE the downturn,
> will buy Sun for it's midline server hardware business, which it would
> promptly convert to Linux, an OS that delivers on its promises.
>
> Dell could become a dominent Linux server vendor.
>
> Dell would sell off the Sunsoft division that include Java, etc. Then that
> division could concentrate on becoming a software company in competition
> with Microsoft.
>
> That would be good for the industry. Java wouldn't be captive to the mission
> of selling overpriced Sun servers.
>
> McNealy could be farmed out to a separate spin off of the chip business. Of
> course, Scott could still be heard railing against the elements like Captain
> Ahab, except the White Whale would be Intel.
>
> We wouldn't want an industry without the Scott to badmouth the competition.
>
> 2 + 2

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Arrrrgh!  Hoist the Jolly Roger!
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 02:00:24 -0800

Ed Allen wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> T. Max Devlin  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Said Dave Martel in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:51:25

> >>FWIW there's a web page out there on the whole thing. Afraid I no
> >>longer have the URL, though.
> >
> >Boy, we're a vigilante couple of activists, aren't we?  :-D
> >

> Starting out with the Australian vs. Toshiba story which began
> the whole thing.
>
> <TITLE>Windows Refund Day</TITLE>
> <H1>Windows Refund Day</H1>
>
> <BODY>
>     <DL><p>
>         <DT><A
>HREF="http://slashdot.org/articles/99/01/18/1539214.shtml">Slashdot:Australian Linux
>user gets Windows Refund</A>
>         <DT><A
>HREF="http://abcnews.go.com/sections/tech/DailyNews/refunds990208.html">ABCNEWS.com :
>Grassroots Groups Declare Windows Refund Day</A>
>         <DT><A HREF="http://apt.computerwire.com/msoft/mt3-990122.html">WINDOWS
>REFUND DAY: MICROSOFT RESPONDS</A>
>         <DT><A
>HREF="http://barley.electriclichen.com/people/jgleason/newyorkrefund/nytimes.html">Self-Proclaimed
> Computer Geeks Hold 'Windows Refund Day'</A>
>         <DT><A HREF="http://electriclichen.com/refund/photos/">02/15/1999 SF Bay
>Area Pics</A>
>         <DT><A HREF="http://hugin.imat.com/refund/coverage.html">Press Coverage for
>Windows Refund Day</A>
>         <DT><A HREF="http://linuxmafia.com/refund/">Microsoft Windows Refund for the
>Bay Area</A>
>         <DT><A HREF="http://marc.merlins.org/linux/refundday/">Windows Refund Day</A>
>         <DT><A HREF="http://marc.merlins.org/linux/refundday/videos/">Windows Refund
>Day Videos</A>
>         <DT><A
>HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_279000/279926.stm">BBC News |
>Sci/Tech | Windows refund day</A>
>         <DT><A HREF="http://www.deirdre.org/rebellion.html">Windows Refund Day
>Events (Orange County)</A>
>         <DT><A
>HREF="http://www.idg.co.nz/webhome.nsf/ArchiveDate/BC37B3A6001224BACC25684C000E1F6A!OpenDocument">IDGNet
> New Zealand - Windows Refund Day a fizzer but raises awareness</A>
>         <DT><A
>HREF="http://www.netcraft.com.au/geoffrey/toshiba.html">Toshiba/Microsoft Saga</A>
>     </DL><p>
> </BODY>
> --
> GPL says
>   "What's mine is ours,
>     If you make *OUR* stuff better the result is still ours."

Thanks Ed.  I knew I saw it somewhere.  I don't have much luck sometimes
trying to search the web.