  Re: Communism confession ("Aaron R. Kulkis")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jay Maynard)
Crossposted-To: gnu.misc.discuss,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,misc.int-property
Subject: Re: My take on GPLed code as free software (was: Richard Stallman what a
tosser, and lies about free software)
Date: 2 Apr 2001 12:51:32 GMT

On 2 Apr 2001 06:44:22 GMT, Rob S. Wolfram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>It's not only the GPL that prevents this, it's the GPL *in combination
>with* the unwillingness of the programmer to GPL the result that really
>prevents this.

In Les's example, the problem was not that he was unwilling to GPV the
resulting code...it was that he was *unable* to do so, because he was not
the author of the component with a licenst that the GPV did not get along
with. He did not have the option, whether or not he wished to do so.

>The GPL was carefully crafted to prevent "embrace and extend" by less
>honest parties, based on GPLed code.

...and replaced it with its own legal "embrace and extend", in the license.
I fail to understand why those who howl abot others' embrace and extend
tactics refuse to recognize their own.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:00:06 -0400

Alex Chaihorsky wrote:

> Erb,
>
> Following your logic the fact that many Americans are likely to help others
> and be humain, we are Humanitarian Republic?
> USA is a Constitutional Republic with democratic method of selecting our
> governing bodies.
> If you like Democratic Republics better,  there is a choice for you:
> 1. German Democratic Republic (East Germany, oh, crap, it's dead now, sorry,
> Erb...)
> 2. Korean People's Democratic Republic (North Korea). This Democratioc
> Republic is yet alive, but you should think twice before you move there -
> people are starving and work hard for the daily rice portion. Something
> telling me that you don't particulary like to work hard, but like to eat
> well. Also, North Koreans will probably never believe you and think that you
> are CIA. You see, they would never be able to understand (and I agree) that
> anyone in his/her right mind would move from here to there. Certainly you
> can't hope that you will withstand their methods of interrogation and most
> probably you will confess and will be shot as an American spy. There will be
> some justice in it, but we do not wish that to happen, so, please, stay with
> us, poison our kids minds and think that you are very deep, independant
> thinker. We'll pay for that.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alexander Chaihorsky

Privetik Alex.
        Ochen xorosho.

> Reno, NV

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:01:19 -0400
From: The Spelling Troll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles

Hello there, I am The Spelling Troll.
Are you as sick as I am of bad spelling in these newsgroups?  Good, I
thought so!
As a free service, I will select random posts on this group, and will
correct the spelling.  As a bonus, I will correct poor grammar from
time to time as well.
I will only accept correct English spelling, no American
bastardisations of our beautiful language will be permitted.

Let's take a look at a recent post from Ms Aaron R. Kulkis of Buffalo Poo,
Indiana.  Ms Kulkis enjoys long walks on the beach, romantic dinners for two,
and giving blow-jobs to sailors.

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:52:21 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Could be because that theiving Caucescou and equallly dispicable bitch
Could be because that THIEVING CEAUSESCU and EQUALLY DESPICABLE bitch

revising history.
HTH
The Spelling Troll

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:39:48 -0400

The Spelling Troll wrote:

> Hello there, I am The Spelling Troll.
> Are you as sick as I am of bad spelling in these newsgroups?  Good, I
> thought so!
> As a free service, I will select random posts on this group, and will
> correct the spelling.  As a bonus, I will correct poor grammar from
> time to time as well.
> I will only accept correct English spelling, no American
> bastardisations of our beautiful language will be permitted.
>
> Let's take a look at a recent post from Ms Aaron R. Kulkis of Buffalo Poo,
> Indiana.  Ms Kulkis enjoys long walks on the beach, romantic dinners for two,
> and giving blow-jobs to sailors.
>
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 08:52:21 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Could be because that theiving Caucescou and equallly dispicable bitch
> Could be because that THIEVING CEAUSESCU and EQUALLY DESPICABLE bitch

I'm partaking in a conversation, not publishing a set of archival documents.

> revising history.

Are you saying that the Ceausescus were not executed on live TV in Romania?

Haven't seen the video tapes, have you.

> HTH
> The Spelling Troll

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Taavi Hein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: I regretfully conclude that Linux is a piece of CRAP.
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 00:10:31 +0300

"Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
: Just as a follow up, I have used Konqueror, and I give it a 9/10, the only
: let down is in the area of Javascript and Javasupport.  I downloaded the
: javaplugin JRE and directed Kon*, however, it failed to load even the
: javasoft applet.  Apart from that, it is very stable.  I haven't even had
: seg-fault yet, which is a good sign.

Can someone give me a web address for Konqueror?

: Giuliano Colla wrote:
:
: > Unfortunately no. The only advantage is that when it crashes it doesn't
: > take down everything else (merit of Linux, not of Netscape), so you just
: > kill its remnants, and restart it.
: > But under Linux you have a number of alternative choices, from Lynx
: > (text only but incredibly fast), to Opera (available also for Windows)
: > to Konqueror which is becoming a real refreshing new entry in the
: > browser field.

also there's another text browser named Links, which has the advantage, that
it can display frames and tables -- which do appear frustratingly often
these days, they really expect us all to use Netscape or IE, don't they :(

--
Taavi Hein - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Registered Linux user #209546

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Subject: Re: Darwinian Evolution and open software
Date: 2 Apr 2001 07:39:03 -0600

You folks who are rambling on and on and reaching for comparisons between
biological evolution and open source software development are forgetting
that you CANNOT make the comparison.  Darwinian evolution is based on
RANDOM mutations: NO intelligent design whatsoever.  Open source software
engineering is ENGINEERING: intelligent design, no random mutations, only
a design guided process.

You might as well try to compare the tossing of dice or the picking of
lottery numbers to open source software engineering....it just don't
make any sense.

From: Pale Goth Lad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:45:57 +1000

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:39:48 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I'm partaking in a conversation, not publishing a set of archival documents.
You're also spending an inordinate amount of time commenting on the
grammar and spelling of others in order to belittle them.  I'd say
that you got what you deserved, little man.
Buffalo Poo, Indiana, hmmm?  Somehow I'm not surprised that you hail
from somewhere like that.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy
Subject: Re: Java, the "Dot-Com" Language?
Date: 2 Apr 2001 07:42:57 -0600

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 23:31:30 +1100, Shane Phelps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>gbp wrote:
>>
>> >Really?  Which promises does Linux deliver on that Solaris on Sun
>> >hardware doesn't?
>> >

>> Its very good and its cheaper!!
>>
>> There is NO license fee.  This may not be a big deal for your
>> organization but for many thats a great advantage.
>>
>> Lets make up an example.  Say your a retail chain and you need a
>> custom point-of-sale program.  If you have about 1000 stores and 3
>> CPUs at each store thats 3000 machines that need licenses.  Now if
>> you save $100 a box thats $ 300,000!!  Thats enough to hire a
>> systems admin for 5 years.
>
>A little out-of-date , aren't we?
>
>Sun stopped charging Solaris licence fees on the smaller systems
>(< 8 CPUs) last year, so that one's old hat.
>The Netra X1 is a nice 1U system which costs about the same as a
>mid-range
>PC ($1K official price), but is IDE based. The Netra T1 is a very
>good rack-mount SCSI-based system, but probably costs more than the
>equivalent Dell. It *does* fit in a standard 19" comms rack, though.
>
>Linux *is* very good; so is Solaris. Linux isn't cheaper any more.
>Solaris also has the advantage of better scalability on bigger boxes,
>though the 2.4 kernel may have caught up.

IBM head honcho when discussing IBM's big investment in Linux recently
stated that even the 2.4.x kernel has trouble scaling well to greater
than 4 CPUs.  I'm a linux advocate and was disappointed to hear this.
The great thing about Linux though, is that this is likely to change
a lot faster than any closed source based OS could hope to do.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chad Everett)
Crossposted-To:
Subject: Re: Windows "speed"
Date: 2 Apr 2001 07:50:33 -0600

Chad Myers wrote:

> When you guys bash Windows, usually I assume that you are referring
> to Win9x, which almost always earns its flames. However, to lump
> NT/2K in with this is purely ignorant.

I run Windows 2K Pro and SuSE 7.1 on the same network and have equal
access to both.  I bash Windows all the time and much prefer the
SuSE 7.1 system, both for its processing and desktop.  Maybe I should
just turn the Win 2K boxes into Linux machines and run Win2K on linux
using vmware....

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: IE again: MS simply =?ISO-8859-1?Q?doesn=B4t?= get it right
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 15:04:01 +0200

Again there´s a bug in IE, this time a *real* bad one

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp

 This vulnerability could enable an attacker to potentially
 run a program of her choice on the machine of another user.
 Such a program would be capable of taking any action that
 the user himself could take on his machine, including adding,
 changing or deleting data, communicating with web sites, or
 reformatting the hard drive.

 As a general rule, it is probably worth questioning
 the trustworthiness of any e-mail that automatically
 starts a file download. The best action is to simply
 click the Cancel button in the dialogue.

Chaddy boy, Jon, Conrad
now start to think hard and fast to come up with something
That will naturally be again something of the kind: "Not really a problem"

Peter

--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably
the day they start making vacuum cleaners" - Ernst Jan Plugge

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: gnu.misc.discuss,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy,misc.int-property
From: Austin Ziegler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: My take on GPLed code as free software (was: Richard Stallman
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:14:55 -0400

On 2 Apr 2001, Rob S. Wolfram wrote:
> Austin Ziegler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > You can't. Does that make distributing and using the same thing? Does
>> > that mean that GPLed software cannot be distributed at all?
>> In the case of GPLed software, extension and distribution are a form of
>> use. Others have contested this -- but it's a reality, not a
>> supposition.
> Extension yes, distribution, no. Distribution is part of the process of
> selling or sharing, not using. Do you have anything to convince me of
> the opposite?

<<The GPL itself implies this by restricting distribution. Extension,
by the way, is often worthless if one can't distribute the results of
said extension.>>

-f
--
austin ziegler   * Ni bhionn an rath ach mar a mbionn an smacht
Toronto.ON.ca    * (There is no Luck without Discipline)

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,uk.misc,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:25:09 -0400

Pale Goth Lad wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 09:39:48 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >I'm partaking in a conversation, not publishing a set of archival documents.

> You're also spending an inordinate amount of time commenting on the
> grammar and spelling of others in order to belittle them.  I'd say

No, I'm not you moron. that's "the spelling troll", not me.

> that you got what you deserved, little man.
> Buffalo Poo, Indiana, hmmm?  Somehow I'm not surprised that you hail
> from somewhere like that.

Check your attributions, dipshit.

No wonder you're a goth...you can't make it in the normal world.

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:29:23 GMT

   Aaron> Ah yes, the usual "that isn't *real* communism" lie.
   >>
   Aaron> So...tell us, Mr Wise guy...why are there not *ANY* "real communist"
   Aaron> countries in existance....and why is every country which calls itself
   Aaron> Communist also a police state?
   >>
   Aaron> Accuracy counts, so be precise.
   >>
   >> Communism is a utopian idea which is completely incompatible with
   >> human nature.  Hence any attempt to implement it will end in either
   >> capitulation or tyranny.  Generally the latter, as anyone driven to
   >> take power is not likely to give it up.

   Aaron> Very good, but that's very general and vague.

   Aaron> I said be precise.

   Aaron> You know...name some Communist-style government policies that
   Aaron> you agree with.

Can't think of any in the real world.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 14:38:20 GMT

   Aaron> Mathew wrote:
   >>
   >> For a person who constantly calls people"little dictators"
   >> and "fascists" , Aaron certainky takes the cake for personifying
   >> his own words.
   >>
   >> A product of fascist military indoctrination ,no doubt.

   Aaron> So, protecting your constitutional rights is fascist now.

You have repeatedly threatened to kill people for their political
beliefs.  That is not protecting their Constitutional Rights.

You are a totalitarian wannabe.

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism confession
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 10:39:46 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >>
>    Aaron> cHip wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> Being a guy who has researched this a lot I'd like to comment on a few
>    >> >> things.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> First of all, anyone who mentions Russian Communism, Chinese Communism,
>    >> >> North Korean Communism, etc. as communism---sorry but you're wrong.
>    >> >> Those are NOT communism, they are totalitarian governments. Basically
>    >> >> they're dictaror governments (layman term, really authoritarian). Anyone
>    >> >> who critisizes communism for anything there just doesn't get it.
>    >> >>
>    >>
>    Aaron> Ah yes, the usual "that isn't *real* communism" lie.
>    >>
>    Aaron> So...tell us, Mr Wise guy...why are there not *ANY* "real communist"
>    Aaron> countries in existance....and why is every country which calls itself
>    Aaron> Communist also a police state?
>    >>
>    Aaron> Accuracy counts, so be precise.
>    >>
>    >> Communism is a utopian idea which is completely incompatible with
>    >> human nature.  Hence any attempt to implement it will end in either
>    >> capitulation or tyranny.  Generally the latter, as anyone driven to
>    >> take power is not likely to give it up.
>
>    Aaron> Very good, but that's very general and vague.
>
>    Aaron> I said be precise.
>
>    Aaron> You know...name some Communist-style government policies that
>    Aaron> you agree with.
>
> Can't think of any in the real world.

then you're a Communist.

Thank you for admitting that you are an enemy of the US Constitution.

This fact will be recorded for posterity.

Heheheheheheh

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

        Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shelala,
        Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakan,

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.