From: Roberto Selbach Teixeira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Bill Gates Gets Hacked!!
Date: 10 Apr 2001 09:57:04 -0300

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Roberto Selbach Teixeira wrote:
>>
>> Don't you think you could have chosen a better place to post this
>> kind of information? This is a Linux advocacy newsgroup and this
>> has nothing to do with it.
>>
>> And I am not even starting to argue about your misuse of the term
>> "hack"
>
> Bill Gates himself is a hack.  I know he's done some programming.
> God only knows what kind of code he's capable of producing.  Maybe
> one of these days he'll do some hacking on the Linux kernel.

Yeah:

void
error_handler (Error *e)
{
  _bsod_init ();
  _bsod_message ("An exception %X has occurred...", e->code);
  switch (_bsod_options (BSOD_ABORT | BSOD_RETRY))
    {
      BSOD_ABORT:
      BSOD_RETRY:
        /* do it ad infinitum */
        error_handler (e);
    }
}

--
Roberto Selbach Teixeira                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Conectiva, S.A.                            http://www.conectiva.com

You may think that there is nothing you need to know about Vi.
Don't fool yourself, there is at least one thing you positively
*have* to know about Vi:

Pressing lots of ESC's followed by ":q!" will quit the damn thing.

------------------------------

From: Rob Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:01:02 -0400

silverback wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2001 13:33:15 -0400, Rob Robertson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >silverback wrote:

> >> [Scott Erb = disingenuous fraud] is playing dum.... err forgot who I was
> >> replying to there folks excuse me.  [Scott Erb = disingenuous fraud] doesn't
> >> have to play dumb he is dumb. Gee [Scott Erb = disingenuous fraud] you
> >> might do a little checking and when you do you will find that the
> >> Ayatollahs own and control those corporations.
> >
> > Right. Fascism is characterized by the *state-directed* control of
> >the economy, not societal control by corporations. You and I have had
> >this conversations several times in the recent past, but only now do
> >you recognize that it is the state rulers controlling businesses that
> >constitutes fascism, not rule by corporations.
>
> wrong again [Scott Erb = disingenuous fraud] under fascism the corporations
> are the government.

 Oh dear, this really is getting 'complex' now. Up above you say that "those
Iranian corporations are controlled by the religious allyotahs [sic]", which
to me means that the *political* leaders (the allosaurus's, or whatever) are
in control of the *business* leaders, not the other way around. That's what
I'd said to you many times,  as noted in the replays which you deleted (leftist
censorship in action again, eh Glen?).

 You repeat the claim that "the Ayatollahs own and control those corporations",
and at the risk of being redundant and repetitious, I'd note that Ayatollahs
are the *political* leaders. Now you contradict *yourself* (while leaving in
the evidence of the contradiction in your response, oddly enough) when you
claim that "the corporations are the government".

> > Do you remember this exchange, Glen?;
>
> i remember yer a lying [Scott Erb = disingenuous fraud].
>
> remainder of this lying [Scott Erb = disingenuous fraud]'s tripe snipped,.
> He doesn;t have a point and is prone to lying.

 Au contraire, mon frere. The point I've been trying to make all along has
been that fascism is the state-directed *control* of the economy as opposed
to communism's state *ownership* of industry. You echoed my sentiment above
with your 'fascist Iran' claim, and I'd also note the irony of your calls
for the government takeover of the California electricity industry, which
is much more like fascism than my calls for laissez-faire capitalism.

 Thank you for the pleasant discussion.

> GDY Weasel
> emailers remove the spam buster
>
> For those seeking enlightenment visit the White Rose at
>
> http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/whiterose.htm

_
Rob Robertson

 Got freedom?

 http://www.lewRockwell.com

 http://www.free-market.net

 http://www.mises.org

 http://www.hazlitt.org

 http://www.antiwar.com

 http://www.unionsquarejournal.com

 http://www.libertocracy.com

 http://www.unknownideal.com

 http://www.self-gov.org

 http://www.lp.org

------------------------------

From: "tony roth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows in space......
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 11:03:19 -0700
Crossposted-To: comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy

the russian portable looks like its running nt!
tr
"Chad Everett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:31:53 -0400, Patrick McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >Probably a duplicate post, but if not, makes for a
funny....kinda.....read.

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Basement Boy: Aka Aaron Koookis
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:29:23 -0500

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Donn Miller wrote:
> >
> > WesTralia wrote:
> > >
> > > Well Aaron, the obvious has become VERY obvious.  You my friend, are a
> > > Windows 98 only user.  There is no camouflage, there is no security through
> > > obfuscation, there is no header string being changed, and there is certainly
> > > no truth to your shoddy claim.
> >
> > I don't understand it anyways.  How does changing your headers to make
> > it look like you're running Windows 98 provide more security?  If
>
> Ask the army why they camoflauge their tanks, and get back to me.

You poor little fleeb, you have been OUTED!  LOL!

From: WesTralia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:32:59 -0500

mmnnoo wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "WesTralia"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Well Aaron, the obvious has become VERY obvious.  You my friend, are a
> > Windows 98 only user.  There is no camouflage, there is no security
> > through obfuscation, there is no header string being changed, and there
> > is certainly no truth to your shoddy claim.
> >

> > You see Aaron, if YOU could change the X-Mailer: as we have requested,
> > you would have changed the string.  Your ego is too big not to do so.
> > If YOU could change that string you would have changed it a million
> > times by now. Your ego is too big not to do so.
> >
> > It must be pretty embarrassing for you to have all the REAL Unix users
> > in  this group freely changing their X-Mailer strings at will, yet poor
> > little Aaron cannot.
> >
> > The fat lady is singing, LOUDLY!
> >
> > (Aaron Kulkis - convicted full-time Windows 98 user)
>
> This ranting of yours isn't exactly dignified, either

This is none of your business little man, now scram!

From: John A. Stovall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:52:04 +0100

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:35:36 +1000, Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
>> Goldhammer wrote:

>> > Hmm. Sounds like communism.
>>
>> Precisely.
>>
>> Communism and Fascism are merely different sides of the same coin.
>
>And Capitalism has state-directed controls on the economy too.

It does not.  We do not have true Capitalism.  In true Capitalism, the
state has no role in the economy.  In fact Capitalism with a
completely free market has no need for the state.

May I suggest you read, "The Machinery of Freedom" by Dr. David
Freidman.  There is no function which the state preforms which can not
be delivered better and cheaper than by a completely free market and
with the coercion which the state requires to exist.

Browning, Browning...
On appuie là, et qu'est-ce qui sort
Par le p'tit trou? Madame la Mort.
                         "Browning"
                          Edith Piaf

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:55:23 -0400
From: Donn Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

pip wrote:

> I can't see why it can't be true. After all, my headers may appear that
> I am posting from a Win98 box when actually I an using my CRAY
> supa-scalar supercomputing platform (model b).

See, I'm really running tin on an IBM 3090 Mainframe, but I changed my
headers to make it look like I'm running Netscape under Linux emulation
on FreeBSD.  Old Mainframes are so uncool, and I'm scared to death that
one of those mainframe radicals will hunt me down and beat the hell out
of me.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Goldhammer)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:07:15 GMT

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:52:04 +0100,
John A. Stovall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>In true Capitalism, the state has no role in
>the economy.  In fact Capitalism with a
>completely free market has no need for the state.

Ok, so true capitalism = anarchism.

You are (please check one):

1. A John Galt who wouldn't approve of Ayn Rand's minarchism.

2. A Libertarian Anarcho-Capitalist

3. Some other kind of nut.

--
Don't think you are. Know you are.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:23:38 -0400

Mathew wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
>
> > Goldhammer wrote:

> > > Hmm. Sounds like communism.
> >
> > Precisely.
> >
> > Communism and Fascism are merely different sides of the same coin.
>
> And Capitalism has state-directed controls on the economy too.

Not in true Capitalism.

We have a lot in the US because we are a "mixed" economy.
Too many antiquated, misguided mechanism of Keynesian theory
left over from the Stal^H^H^H^HRoosevelt administration.

> > > --
> > > Don't think you are. Know you are.
> >

> > --
> > Aaron R. Kulkis
> > Unix Systems Engineer

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Ken Tough <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.shareware.programmer,comp.editors,comp.lang.java.help,comp.lang.java.programmer,comp.lang.java.softwaretools,comp.os.linux.development.system
Subject: Re: Need your recommendation for a full-featured text editor
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:27:50 -0400

Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> 12.     HTML toolbar (I know I should know all the tags but I just cannot
>> remember them all)

>try VIM.  Does everything EXCEPT #12.

You could use macro definitions for that, too.

I am also extremely impressed by gvim.
--
Ken Tough

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Neil Cerutti)
Subject: Re: Another Newbie Here
Date: 10 Apr 2001 14:34:26 GMT

Adam Warner posted:
>Hi wolfhound,
>
>> Hello,people. I just installed Redhat 7.0 on my machine as
>> dual boot. I got everything up just fine but I need alot of
>> basics. ( See Linux. See Linux run. Run run Linux.) That type
>> thing.
>>
>> Does anyone know of a source for Linux with training wheels?
>
>The Redhat Manuals have the training wheels:
>http://www.redhat.com/support/manuals/
>
>And linuxdoc.org is a fabulous resource.
>
>But remember everything will be so radically different that you
>may feel despondent and give up the first time. Never mind.
>You'll probably be back giving it another go. And then it will
>all start to make sense. Then you'll be hooked.

I second that.

The largest initial hurdle Linux presented to me was: I had a
complete lack of instincts concerning what to do when a problem
presented itself. After using Linux for a while, I now seldom
just spin my wheels any more, but in the beginning I read lots of
HOWTOS and manuals that didn't actually turn out to pertain to my
problems. I figured the knowledge would be useful someday.

It did not help that Redhat and Mandrake failed to build the
whatis database for me after installation (also the locate
database, two hugely useful things for a beginner).

So if you haven't already, log in as root and do:

# updatedb &
# makewhatis &

I assume Redhat and Mandrake set up crond to run these processes,
but if you don't leave your machine running all day they will
likely never be updated.

After those databases are built, you can do

% locate file

To very quickly find a specific file, and

% man -k word

To obtain a list of man pages that contain 'word' in the header.

>Redhat 7.0 now requires over 100MB of patches to download to fix
>a number of bugs and security issues since release. I'm looking
>forward to 7.1.

Ugh. I really hate downloading huge updates over a modem. If you
don't have a fast internet connection, try to find a friend or
Linux User's Group associate who has one and a CD roaster and a
bit free time to snag entire update directories for you.

--
Neil Cerutti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:29:29 -0400

silverback wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 01:24:34 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Goldhammer wrote:

> >> Hmm. Sounds like communism.
> >
> >Precisely.
> >
> >Communism and Fascism are merely different sides of the same coin.
>
> bullshit you lying sack of shit. Fascism is the polar opposite of
> communism. They have nothing in common.

After the economic oppression and the wholesale slaughter
of millions, any differences remaining are inconsequential.

> >> --
> >> Don't think you are. Know you are.
> >

> >--
> >Aaron R. Kulkis
> >Unix Systems Engineer
> >DNRC Minister of all I survey
> >ICQ # 3056642
> >
> >K: Truth in advertising:
> >       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shalala,
> >       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan,
> >       Special Interest Sierra Club,
> >       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
> >       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
> >       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
> >       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
> >

> >J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
> >   The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
> >   also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
> >
> >I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
> >   challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
> >   between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
> >   Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
> >
> >H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
> >    premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
> >    you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
> >    you are lazy, stupid people"
> >
> >G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
> >

> >F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
> >   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
> >
> >E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
> >   her behavior improves.
> >
> >D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
> >   ...despite (C) above.
> >
> >C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
> >
> >B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
> >   method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a
> >   direction that she doesn't like.
> >
> >A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

> GDY Weasel
> emailers remove the spam buster
>
> For those seeking enlightenment visit the White Rose at
>
> http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/whiterose.htm

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:33:16 -0400

"John A. Stovall" wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:35:36 +1000, Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> >> Precisely.
> >>
> >> Communism and Fascism are merely different sides of the same coin.
> >
> >And Capitalism has state-directed controls on the economy too.
>
> It does not.  We do not have true Capitalism.  In true Capitalism, the
> state has no role in the economy.  In fact Capitalism with a
> completely free market has no need for the state.

Well, you still need courts to adjudicate disputes...and if
there are courts, then there needs to be laws which govern
the courts.

Also, you still need a government for things such as the common
defense, and other things that are TRUE general welfare issues
(public health department, etc.)

> May I suggest you read, "The Machinery of Freedom" by Dr. David
> Freidman.  There is no function which the state preforms which can not
> be delivered better and cheaper than by a completely free market and
> with the coercion which the state requires to exist.

That would require the little marxist to open up his mind.

> Browning, Browning...
> On appuie là, et qu'est-ce qui sort
> Par le p'tit trou? Madame la Mort.
>                          "Browning"
>                           Edith Piaf

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: 10 Apr 2001 14:47:05 GMT

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:58:52 GMT, Det2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>On 6 Apr 2001 20:05:45 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>(Roberto Alsina) wrote:
>
>>billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>>"Roberto Alsina"

>>>Then you shouldn't use the Bible in an attempt to strengthen your argument.
>>
>>Why not? If someone's opinion is swayed by the words of Yogi Berra,
>>I will quote Yogi Berra until I turn blue, if Yogi supports my position.

>>>Armies are a nation's forces of arms acting on behalf of their nations.
>>
>>Well, you are not an army, either. Even when you are IN the army,
>>you are a person.
>
>I am too, I am an "Army of One"

So, you are not a person? What a daring confession!

>You on the other hand are a twit.

Well, I can't feel insulted by someone who says he is not a person.
I will just assume it's a side effect of the personality disorder.

--
Roberto Alsina