  Re: Battlecruiser Millenium - Lowest rated demo on AVault. (Goldhammer)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (silverback)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 04:18:20 GMT

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:43:58 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>  wrote
>> on Wed, 11 Apr 2001 13:35:28 -0400
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> >anarchic capitalism, yes.
>> >
>> >Libertarian capitalism, no.
>>
>> Assuming "libertarian" meaning "minimal enforcement to ensure everyone's
>> rights" or some such, I'd have to agree.  But that's not lasseiz-faire,
>> as I understand it.  (Then again, lasseiz-faire may require a minimal
>> level of enforcement as well, just to ensure no one gets swindled outright.
>> I'd have to dig deep to check this, though.)
>
>Considering that Jefferson was a laissez-faire advocate, and he

nope yer lying again or just stupid.

> [...]
>is downstream from a big city in a Warsaw Pact country, then drinking
>the local tap water is hazerdous to your health, due to the massive
>volumes of pollution that the industries dump directly into the river.
>

>> I did not bring up this scenario to exclude communism; as far as
>> I am concerned, sans regulation, both will end up at the same
>> (bad) end.  (And I must ask the question: why the ruble?  In a
>> pure communistic system, a monetary unit appears unnecessary.)
>>
>> Ideally, we wouldn't have to worry about it.  Of course, ideally,
>> we wouldn't have to worry about eating, drinking, defecating,
>> moving from point A to point B, the high cost of energy used during
>> flying [*], etc.

>> [.sigsnip]
>>
>> [*] I'm referring to bird flight here.  Birds have light air-filled bones
>>     and heavier musculature in their torsos than we do.  We are
>>     still discovering some of their secrets (one interesting one is
>>     the creation of vortices by the flapping wing of a bird or moth,
>>     increasing the lift.
>>
>> --
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- insert random misquote here
>> EAC code #191       6d:10h:05m actually running Linux.
>>                     We are all naked underneath our clothes.
>

>--
>Aaron R. Kulkis
>Unix Systems Engineer
>DNRC Minister of all I survey
>ICQ # 3056642
>
>K: Truth in advertising:
>       Left Wing Extremists Charles Schumer and Donna Shalala,
>       Black Seperatist Anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan,
>       Special Interest Sierra Club,
>       Anarchist Members of the ACLU
>       Left Wing Corporate Extremist Ted Turner
>       The Drunken Woman Killer Ted Kennedy
>       Grass Roots Pro-Gun movement,
>

>J: Other knee_jerk reactionaries: billh, david casey, redc1c4,
>   The retarded sisters: Raunchy (rauni) and Anencephielle (Enielle),
>   also known as old hags who've hit the wall....
>
>I: Loren Petrich's 2-week stubborn refusal to respond to the
>   challenge to describe even one philosophical difference
>   between himself and the communists demonstrates that, in fact,
>   Loren Petrich is a COMMUNIST ***hole
>
>H: "Having found not one single carbon monoxide leak on the entire
>    premises, it is my belief, and Willard concurs, that the reason
>    you folks feel listless and disoriented is simply because
>    you are lazy, stupid people"
>
>G:  Knackos...you're a retard.
>

>F: Unit_4's "Kook hunt" reminds me of "Jimmy Baker's" harangues against
>   adultery while concurrently committing adultery with Tammy Hahn.
>
>E: Jet is not worthy of the time to compose a response until
>   her behavior improves.
>
>D: Jet Silverman now follows me from newgroup to newsgroup
>   ...despite (C) above.
>
>C: Jet Silverman claims to have killfiled me.
>
>B: Jet Silverman plays the fool and spews out nonsense as a
>   method of sidetracking discussions which are headed in a

GDY Weasel
emailers remove the spam buster

For those seeking enlightenment visit the White Rose at

http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/whiterose.htm

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Undeniable proof that Aaron R. Kulkis is a hypocrite, and a
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:17:41 -0700

Jan Johanson wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Jan Johanson wrote:
> > >
> > > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> embedded
> with
> OS.

> are

> say.
> we've
> > > all

> > > And you CONTINUE to prove you are a useless waste of skin...
> >
> > I have absolutely NOTHING to gain from recompiling my code for
> > a SINGLE post just to satisfy your inane request....especially
> > since THREE other people have demonstrated already how easy it is
> > to do.
> >

> No, the fact that "THREE other people" (your claim) have demonstrated how
> easy something is which you cannot do only continues to make you sound
> incompetent and a liar. If it's so easy, and you do it to throw people off,
> then just go ahead and do it. I thought linux was the common' mans open
> source software and getting in to the code is effortless and everyone does
> it. a $150k a year genius like yourself should be able to write a script to
> do it for you while you sleep...

Effortless...?? Comeon! Since when is tweaking code or re-coding
effortless??  Where did  you get that idea from?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (silverback)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 04:21:25 GMT

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:16:46 -0500, Kurt Lochner
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Fraud Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> again twisted the meaning of:
>>
>> silverback wrote:

>> <etc,... snip>

>> > nope, the Sierra club is hardly a corporation buttfuck.
>>
>> From http://outingleaders.sierraclub.org:8082/Common/ins_manual/index.asp;
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>   The Sierra Club, which includes the chapters, groups, and sections,
>>   is considered one corporation under California corporation law.
>
><sigh> I let the disengneuous fraud out of my kill-file, and he's
>still trying to misrepresent even the simplest of concepts as some
>kind of defense for his intentional ignorance..

I wonder if the stupid lying fraud knows that California's 1849
constitution made a clear distinction between a for profit corporation
and a non profit corporation? Actually many of the state constitutions
made that distinction in the last century.

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:20:43 -0700

Chris Ahlstrom wrote:

> Jan Johanson wrote:
> >
> > No, the fact that "THREE other people" (your claim) have demonstrated how
> > easy something is which you cannot do only continues to make you sound
> > incompetent and a liar. If it's so easy, and you do it to throw people off,
> > then just go ahead and do it. I thought linux was the common' mans open
> > source software and getting in to the code is effortless and everyone does
> > it. a $150k a year genius like yourself should be able to write a script to
> > do it for you while you sleep...
>
> JJ, you're making absolutely no sense here.  I'm wasting my time
> reading your posts, and answering.  I guess you get some pleasure out
> of it, so continue to knock yourself out.
>
> Chris
>
> --
> This application has crashed unexpectedly.

Now I see what you guys were going thru.  Most of these Bothell MSCEs
are what the rest of the engineers call 90 day wonder boys.  That is if
he is one.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (silverback)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 04:23:14 GMT

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:18:40 GMT, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>   silverback> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 11:44:21 -0400, Rob Robertson
>   >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>   >> silverback wrote:
>   >>>
>   >>> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 22:37:19 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>   >>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   >>>
>   >>> >silverback wrote:
>   >>
>   >>> etc,... snip>
>   >>
>   >>> >> wrong again liar. Fascism is corporate rule. The Nazis allowed the
>   >>> >> corporations to write the laws.
>   >>> >
>   >>> >So, then, you agree that it's bad to let the Sierra Club and similar
>   >>> >groups write environmental law, and that it's a bad idea to let
>   >>> >those with a vested interest in the welfare bureacracy to write
>   >>> >welfare laws.
>   >>>
>   >>> nope, the Sierra club is hardly a corporation buttfuck.
>   >>
>   >> From http://outingleaders.sierraclub.org:8082/Common/ins_manual/index.asp;
>   >>
>   >> [...]
>   >>
>   >> The Sierra Club, which includes the chapters, groups, and sections,
>   >> is considered one corporation under California corporation law.
>
>   silverback> ahh so what he have here is fraud admitting to being a dumb fuck.
>   silverback> There are 2 types of corporations for profit and non profits. Funny
>   silverback> how the dumb fucker can't tell the difference.
>
>Which type of corporation is not a corporation?

maybe you need to study some state constitutions hall. Many of the
state constitutions make a clear distinction between non profit and
for profit corporations. Not only do they define the non profit one
narrowly the laws pretaining to the non profit are clearly differnent.

From: Brent R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: hmm getting tired of this!
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:24:11 GMT

MjM trolled:
<snip>

> This has been a hot-button Microsoft Project for FOUR FUCKING YEARS.  MS
> managers have been biting their fingernails down to bleeding stumps
> waiting for the day when they could finally announce this MASSIVE
> TRIUMPH.  Give me a fucking break.  If Hotmail were a 'real' business
> and this was an actual real-world migration with Microsoft as the
> vendor, Hotmail'd be so far out of business, they'd be filing their
> Chapter 13s from Pluto.

Just like Linux companies. 'Cept MS makes money.

> Beat me, whip me, make me buy a Microsoft product.

Where do I want to go today? Not there!

--
- Brent

http://rotten168.home.att.net

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:24:31 -0700

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said Chad Everett in alt.destroy.microsoft on 10 Apr 2001 11:08:25
> >On 10 Apr 2001 16:07:14 GMT, Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>
> >>Well, I have these young good looks, but that's about it between
> >>me and youth.
> >>
> >>You, on the other hand, are illiterate. I would be ashamed to post
> >>in a public forum if I had such poor reading and writing skills.
> >>

> >I would be ashamed to post in a public forum if I were you.  Your
> >reasoning and logic skills are extremely poor.  It's easy to
> >make mistakes in spelling and grammer when posting.  It is much
> >harder to make your idiotic arguments and deductions unless you
> >really, truly are an idiotic moron.
> >
> >It is a fact of nature that when people have lost their debates and
> >their arguments, they always change the subject by criticising
> >things like reading and writing.   It's obvious (to all except you,
> >of course) that you have lost the argument, big time.
>
> I would have to disagree with your assessment, Chad.  It seems to me
> that Roberto was handling Roger AIRBORN! and billh pretty easily, until
> they started cheesing out.
>
> --
> T. Max Devlin
>   *** The best way to convince another is
>           to state your case moderately and
>              accurately.   - Benjamin Franklin ***

They are cheesing out only because they have to guard a stack of wood
from the Marines for a few nights.
After the Army stole some wood a couple of decades ago from the marines
the marines are still trying a way to outmaneuver the army.  (An old
story)

From: "Adam Warner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What's your take on this story? (Microsoft opening up the MSOffice file
formats?)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:23:12 +1200

Hi Roy,

> Of course it won't be 100% compatible with the binary format. It will at
> best be as good as RTF output. If it were 100% compatible then companies
> writing competing products wouldn't have to invest in writing filters to
> convert Microsoft document formats.

For some reason I subconsciously assimilated the hype that Microsoft Office
XP is built upon XML.

And the reality appears to be that we are stuck with Microsoft's
proprietary binary formats. Oh well.

Regards,
Adam

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:47:14 +1200

SuSE Makes money
Redhat will make a profit by the end of the year
Caldera is closing in on breaking even

It is pretty easy to make super-normal profits when you're a monopoly,
however, when you have up to 5 companies selling very similar products
(aka Linux), it is a lot harder to make money.  Redhat, who, unlike
Microsoft, does not put a great importance on distro's (in terms of
marketing), they instead focus on services which allows them to compete
on a whole new level. Look at HP (who are gradually moving in the
service orientated direction) for example, and IBM, where most of the
profits come from, it is from the service area.  Solutions providers
matching up IBM hardware to provide solutions for companies.  That is
what Redhat is aiming for.  SuSE, who has been making a profit, sells
complete packages out of the box, as in the case of the domino server &
Linux OS bundled together.

Matthew Gardiner

--
I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operater from Hell)

If you donot like it go [#rm -rf /home/luser] yourself

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:32:40 -0700

"T. Max Devlin" wrote:

> Said chrisv in alt.destroy.microsoft on Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:58:11 GMT;
> >[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina) wrote:

> >>You know, it's amazing how you can insult without actually saying anything.

> >>Well, continued exposure to the likes of you surely help the process.
> >>Someone that apparently has not learned to post properly after years
> >>of usenet experience is noone whose opinion can scratch my ego.
> >
> >These guys are right, Roberto.  The quality of your posts have
> >plummeted to the level of "argumentive idiot."  You used to do better,
> >I think.  What happened?
>
> Now this I find very disconcerting.  I myself disputed a point or two
> which Roberto was using, but that was mostly trivial quibbling, the fine
> edges of the political argument.  As for the meat of the matter, the
> ethical justification for war (or lack thereof), I've seldom seen
> Roberto be more concise and correct.  Not to mention relatively civil
> and sober; certainly not the defensiveness and flaming that the Proud
> Soldiers were using.
>
> --
> T. Max Devlin
>   *** The best way to convince another is
>           to state your case moderately and
>              accurately.   - Benjamin Franklin ***

Believe me Max... war is hell and I really buried those memories deep.
Real soldiers (kids out of high school) don't really like to talk about
it after being in combat. The nightmares are bad enough.

From: "Adam Warner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
formats?)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:32:25 +1200

Hi Jan,

>> Thanks Jan,
>>
>> I'd like to find out whether OfficeXP's XML output is as 100% capable
>> as the binary format? (i.e. not just limited functionality such as
>> RTF). For example, if Office gives a warning that you will lose
>> functionality saving in this format it won't be very popular. Is there
>> an option to save as XML by default?
>>
>> I'd also like to see the XML generated by a complicated Word document
>> (say a thesis). Anyone have any sources or care to post one online?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adam
>
> I don't think you read carefully - the answer is going to be no.

Thanks for the clarification.

> Besides, XML is terribly space inefficient - if MS did switch to pure
> XML output you guys would simply change your bashing to then say a) oh,
> so they changed their format AGAIN

***NO***: I would applaud the move to an open document format!

and b) oh, their files are so big and load so slowly!

That could be very easily overcome by compressing the documents using a
seamless and patent free compression algorithm (and a suffix such as gz
could even be attached to distinguish them). The word processor could
automatically decompress and compress the documents.

Regards,
Adam

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Things Linux can't do!
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:48:57 -0700

Donn Miller wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > Donn Miller wrote:
>
> > > Of course X is capable of crashing a system, because it runs as root,
> > > and accesses ports as root.
> >
> > Only if you're stupid enough to login as root.
>
> Actually, X always runs as root, even if you don't start X as root.  If
> you use startx to start X, then either X is run as suid root (bad), or a
> wrapper (such as Xwrapper) executes the X server for you as root.  xdm
> also starts the X server as root.
>
> Do
>
> $ ps axcu | grep X
>
> on your system and see what I mean.

I had to use a similar ps... no root process for Xsun.
Its under the user that logged in.
X does not run as root in UNIX.

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: More Microsoft security concerns: Wall Street Journal
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 23:54:31 -0700

Jan Johanson wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Chad Everett wrote:

> hostnames

> for
> something
> > > >

> > > Well, most windows users would probably think "using ping to get the
> > > translation" makes perfect sense, when in reality that is one of
> > > the more idiotic things I've heard in a while.  Most users rarely
> > > need to use nslookup, you're right there.  Specially windows users.
> >                        ^
> >    directly
> >

> > ....however... ALL network-aware apps that accept symbolic internet
> > addresses (host.domain.name.here as opposed to 12.34.56.78 style)
> > use nslookup to do the conversion.
> >
> > I wonder if any of this is getting through Jan's shit-filled head.
>
> Hello - no, they do not. They use a lookup mechanism but it's not literally
> "nslookup.exe" which is what WE are talking about here. DOH! shithead.

I take it that you're in here for comic relief ... right??

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Goldhammer)
Crossposted-To: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.space-sim
Subject: Re: Battlecruiser Millenium - Lowest rated demo on AVault.
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 06:54:19 GMT

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:09:54 -0600, James Garvin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I think we will see more and more linux releases as .Net starts to screw
>everyone...There are plenty of game ports for Linux now and some linux only
>cheese ball FPSs...VMWare does run some FPS...you might want to try it out...
>
>Try Mandrake 7.2 You just need the cd image and it is a bootable CD that will
>install linux AND make your system dual boot!

Careful. Derek doesn't take kindly to Linux or Linux advocates:

http://www.ga-source.com/news/mainbits/09+06+1999/21:45:47.shtml

"I have been pestered time and time again by some Linux
advocates but I have little experience with the platform
and therefore, will prove to be a learning curve for me.
If I do a Linux version, it will only be because someone
paid me to do it and in which case I'd probably sub-contract
it but maintain design and creative control."

--
Don't think you are. Know you are.