From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Who votes for Sliverdick to be executed: AYEs:3 NAYS:0 (1 ABSTAIN)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:01:23 GMT

   Aaron> I think Sliverdick should be made to serve as an example to all others
   Aaron> who believe in his idiotic shit.
   >>
   >> Yes, by mocking his views and exposing his lies.
   >>
   >> Killing him for his ideas, as you advocate, is the
   >> act of a totalitarian, which you have often shown
   >> signs of.

   Rob>  Aaron is not advocating killing Yeadon *directly* for his
   Rob> ideas, Andrew; he's putting Glen in a position of evaluating
   Rob> a system (pure democracy) that rejects inherent individual
   Rob> rights and uphold political, mass-derived rights. If Glen

That was your idea, and not one I believe Mr. Kulkis smart enough
to think up on his own.  He has repeatedly called for the killing
of people for their political beliefs, and I think that is exactly
what he had in mind when he started this.

http://groups.google.com/groups?[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

------------------------------

From: "Ayende Rahien" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux,alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: IE
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:37:27 +0200

"Michael Pye" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:qRfD6.255$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...

> "Roy Culley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> > In what way is NS4 insecure? IE has almost as many security bugs found
as
> > IIS. Over 100 security bugs found in Microsoft SW in 2000!
>
> Does it matter?! NS4 is a web browser which doesn't support HTML. By it's
> own specification it should have been bang up to the HTML4.0 provisional
> specification which was available when it was released. Yeah, we could
> forgive them if they went by HTML3 and then updated it, but to leave a
> browser that is completely incapable around for more than a year is
> disgusting... It can't even do the very very basic stuff correctly. It
comes
> to something when a browser company's web site looks distinctly better and
> is more readable in their competitor's product.
>
> They coded the site themselves so obviously there is no secret "way
around"
> these problems, the support simply isn't there...

An *extremely* good point.

------------------------------

From: Rob Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:05:36 -0400

Martin McPhillips wrote:

> Rob Robertson wrote:
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >

> > >    Aaron> I think Sliverdick should be made to serve as an example to all others
> > >    Aaron> who believe in his idiotic shit.
> > >
> > > Yes, by mocking his views and exposing his lies.
> > >
> > > Killing him for his ideas, as you advocate, is the
> > > act of a totalitarian, which you have often shown
> > > signs of.
> >
> >  Aaron is not advocating killing Yeadon *directly* for his
> > ideas, Andrew; he's putting Glen in a position of evaluating
> > a system (pure democracy) that rejects inherent individual
> > rights and uphold political, mass-derived rights. If Glen
> > supports the 'will of the people' then it stands that any
> > system that rejects his just claim to his own life allows
> > a 'vote' as to whether or not Glen continues living.
> >
> >  It's a valid point (even though I've chosen not to join
> > in the voting) because, as Aaron *implies* in his example,
> > the rejection of inherent individual rights will lead
> > inexorably to a vote on who lives and who dies. Kulkis
> > (and Glenworthy) both tacitly reject totalitarianism
> > in this thread.
>
> How could anyone suggest that this poor young
> man be executed--
>
> http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/abrose.htm
>
> Is there any doubt that Glenn D. Yeadon's photograph
> betrays a solemn, thoughtful, sincere borderline
> mentally retarded upstanding citizen?

 That requires a warning label, Martin. Shame on you.

 As far as Glen's "White Rose" website is concerned, I'm
a bit perplexed that a search of "Nazi Hydra" on Google
only shows a couple dozen hits, and the vast majority of
them are Glen spamming several political newsgroups and
getting *zero* response. If you're curious, here's the
search,...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22Nazi+Hydra%22&btnG=Search&meta=site%3Dgroups

 ...and for kicks you could click on 'view thread' to see
noone (apart from the neo-Nazi Vange) responding to it.
The few times it appears in an ongoing thread is when I
was contrasting Glen's call for nationalizing/naturalizing
California's energy industry with other fascist calls to
nationalize industries.

 Doesn't seem like much of a 'liberal resource', does it?

_
Rob

------------------------------

From: Brent R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: What's the point
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:11:41 GMT

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> <snype>
> > Remember to type in the full path to su! You wouldn't want to email
> > anyone your password now would you?
> How is that possible, to send your password via email?
>
> Matthew Gardiner
>
> --
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

If you have downloaded a trojan that puts a script named 'su' in your
home directory that's meant to emulate logging in as root but really
emails your password.

The UNIX book I have says that you should always type in the full path
to 'su' like '/usr/bin/su' or whatever because it's such a powerful
command (it gives root privileges to a regular user).

--
- Brent

http://rotten168.home.att.net

------------------------------

From: Brent R <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: Could Linux be used in this factory environment ?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:14:49 GMT

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> "Brent R" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> > > Why let the facts get in the way of a good dis, right?  Your lack of
> > > knowledge on the issue doesn't seem to prevent you from jumping to
> > > conclusions.
> > >
> > > The facts in the matter are a) that it wasn't a battleship, and b) that
> they
> > > were running a beta version of the control software which did not
> validate
> > > entry fields.  As such, when an operator entered a 0 into a field, it
> was
> > > stored in the database, causing all subsystems that depended on that
> > > information to fail with a divide by zero exception.
> > >
> > > The application could not be restarted because every time they restarted
> it,
> > > it would re-read the data values and crash again, thus the ship was dead
> in
> > > the water.  Further, the ship wasn't towed in, the ship had alternate
> > > propulsion mechanisms onboard because it was an experimental project
> running
> > > beta software.
> > >
> > > The Navy and the canadian company that wrote the software stated that
> the
> > > problem was not related to NT in any way.  In fact, the canadian
> contractor
> > > laid the blame on the Navy for not installing their validated version
> before
> > > the incident, which would have prevented the problem from ever occuring.
> > >
> > > The navy, however, believed that they should shake out the vessel and
> see
> > > where the potential failures might be so that in real emergency
> situations,
> > > they would know how to respond.
> >
> > Still, I think their point was that a single application brought the
> > entire show down... a situation that's critical when it really matters
> > (which admittedly it usually doesn't).
>
> It brought the whole show down because the application was central to the
> entire system.  When the application won't run, neither does the system.
> That has nothing to do with the OS.
>
> > I've been an MS defender in here... still I would never use NT to do
> > something like that... that's just not what it's made for. UNIX is more
> > apptly suited in that role.
>
> Unix is neither more or less aptly suited.  Please explain how the same
> design would somehow make the application work in Unix.

Well your partially right... a badly designed system running on UNIX
would work just as bad... but a well-administered UNIX system is less
probable to be brought down by a process then NT. NT is good for lot's
of things... but nothing industrial-strength.
--
- Brent

http://rotten168.home.att.net

------------------------------

From: Martin McPhillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:22:26 GMT

Rob Robertson wrote:

> Martin McPhillips wrote:
> >
> > Rob Robertson wrote:

>others

> > >  Aaron is not advocating killing Yeadon *directly* for his
> > > ideas, Andrew; he's putting Glen in a position of evaluating
> > > a system (pure democracy) that rejects inherent individual
> > > rights and uphold political, mass-derived rights. If Glen
> > > supports the 'will of the people' then it stands that any
> > > system that rejects his just claim to his own life allows
> > > a 'vote' as to whether or not Glen continues living.
> > >
> > >  It's a valid point (even though I've chosen not to join
> > > in the voting) because, as Aaron *implies* in his example,
> > > the rejection of inherent individual rights will lead
> > > inexorably to a vote on who lives and who dies. Kulkis
> > > (and Glenworthy) both tacitly reject totalitarianism
> > > in this thread.
> >
> > How could anyone suggest that this poor young
> > man be executed--
> >
> > http://www.spiritone.com/~gdy52150/abrose.htm
> >
> > Is there any doubt that Glenn D. Yeadon's photograph
> > betrays a solemn, thoughtful, sincere borderline
> > mentally retarded upstanding citizen?
>
>  That requires a warning label, Martin. Shame on you.

What do you mean, Rob? I feel about that handsome
young man the way I would about a son. How could
I possibly sit idly by while people vote on his
execution? Whenever I see him responding to others
with something like--

"yer lying fascist fuckwit quisling liar, cant ansewer
my facts, pay me my money, fucwit, ya lost the bet."

--I know that he means well. Why can't others show a
little patience with him? Do we rush the infirm? In time,
as he has more exposure to others through mainstreaming,
Glenn will learn to cope with his, ah, deficits, and
will master a few basic skills and who will know the
difference? Why, if you just look at that photograph and
imagine him in a maroon uniform with epaulets and a faux
military hat, he could be the doorman in any NYC apartment
building (and those fellas have a union, ya lyin fascist
quisling).

Give Glenn time. Don't execute him. Let him live.

Better yet, let him live with Scott and Nasty in
Augusta!

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Neil Cerutti)
Date: 18 Apr 2001 18:24:41 GMT

Brent R posted:
>Matthew Gardiner wrote:
>>
>> <snype>
>> > Remember to type in the full path to su! You wouldn't want to email
>> > anyone your password now would you?
>> How is that possible, to send your password via email?
>>
>> Matthew Gardiner
>>
>> --
>> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>>
>> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>>
>> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>>
>> The best of German engineering, now in software form
>
>If you have downloaded a trojan that puts a script named 'su' in
>your home directory that's meant to emulate logging in as root
>but really emails your password.

I think good security demands that the current directory is not
in your path, though, so to run the trojan I would need to type:

$ ./su

If you're paranoid you can type

$ which su

before embarking on this perilous command.

--
Neil Cerutti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Communism, Communist propagandists in the US...still..to this day.
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:35:47 +1000

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Mathew wrote:
> >=20
> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Gunner =A9 wrote:
> >=20
> > > On 16 Apr 2001 21:00:34 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina) wro=
te:

ON

> > > Not in 1925-34
> >=20
> > The economy was not in a recession in 1925 to 1929
> >=20
>=20
> Everything was great until the Union-endorsed, PROTECTIONIST Smoot-Hawley=
 Act.
>=20
> As usual, the greatest threat to workers' livelihood is "labor leaders"

This was not responsible for the stocl market crash,which led to the=20
Great Depression.
Over inflated stocks and a monopololistic economy did the job.

From: Mathew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 04:39:55 +1000

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Mathew wrote:

>of

>moron.

> > > Corporate =/= capitalistic, moron.
> > >
> > > There have been corporations all over Russia THROUGHOUT the overt
> > > communist years  (and right through to the current "communism with
> > > a happy-face mask").
> > >
> > > Secondly...
> > >

> > > Sliverdick, why do you prefer government bureacrate rule vs. corporate rule?
> > >
> > > At least corporations have to PROVIDE SOMETHING WORTH HAVING to keep
> > > their power.  Where as government bureacrats need to merely serve
> > > the politicians, without doing a damn bit of good for you and me.
> >
> > So when it is found that trace amounts of Dixon has been found to cause
> > cancer,and the EPA is is prevented from  telling the public about it
> > because of the meat and dairy industry getting a court order to have this
> > info delayed,what do you call this?
>
> Sounds like you can't trust GOVERNMENT
> (remember, JUDGES ARE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS)

Yeah,and the private lobbyists that throw millions of dollars at the judges!
Now focus on collusion.

> Hope that helps, MORON.
>

> > When the Exxon Valdeze spill put 10,000 fishermen,Native Alaskan Indians
> > and Aleuts,as well as whites,out of work and make them dependent on
> > foodstamps and welfare for months,you see how a Capitalistic enterprize
> > forced  small independent workers of a Capitalistic system,get on a
> > Socialistic program,or go broke;irionic
>
> And if the enviro-leftists hadn't blocked every nuclear power plant
> for the last 30 years, we wouldn't need so much oil now, would we...

The U.S still has nuclear power planst.They can be wrun safely,but the profit
margin might not be  acceptable to the overseers.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (The Ghost In The Machine)
Crossposted-To:
misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles,alt.society.liberalism,talk.politics.guns
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:41:09 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aaron R. Kulkis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 wrote
on Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:19:59 -0400
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

[snip]

>> Of course, Japan isn't fascist, at least not since the
>> government surrendered. :-)  I'd have to check on their Diet, but
>> I suspect they're a standard democratically-elected unicameral
>> parliamentary system much like many other countries.
>
>All true, but their economy is 100% fascist.  And it's still
>quite a police state.  Japanese law REQUIRES every citizen to
>have a one-on-one meeting with the local police every year.

Wow.  That's a new one on me.  Does this extend to non-citizens
living there on a more or less permanent basis as well?

(sung to the tune of "Every Sperm is Precious")

Every one is suspect, every one's a crook!
Every one is noted, in the policeman's book.
If a crime's committed, we have your number down,
We'll look up your address and run you outta town....

[rest snipped]

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] -- "I'd like to be the first man on the moon."
                    -- Patrick McGoohan, _Prisoner_ series