From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Undeniable proof that Aaron R. Kulkis is a hypocrite, and a
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:11:31 -0400

JS PL wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Brent R wrote:

> > > Because he has never posted with anything other than a Win 98 header,
> > > NOT EVEN ONCE! He could make one post on a non-modified *nix newsreader,
> > > just one, and this whole thing would stop... now.
> > >
> > > But that's not going to happen.
> >
> > I described in enough detail how to modify the headers so that THREE
> > seperate people could replicate my results.
> >
> > That is sufficient.
>
> Too bad you can't do it yourself, since your running Windows 98.

On my command, JUMP!

Oh, i see you didn't jump when I commanded.
You must be a quadraplegic....right.

> Someday (when your not running Windows) you might get to try it out for
> yourself to see if it works, huh Kulkis?

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.lang.java.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Re: AMD is to Intel as "What OS" is to Windows?
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:12:43 -0400

Steve Jones wrote:

> "Cat" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> > I was considering the reasons for windows dominance of the OS market and
> the huge problems of
> > getting developers for Linux, Mac etc. Linux is a solution to a different
> problem that just
> > happens to have been successful in some desktop areas. It's a port of Unix
> to a Intel box pure
> > and simple. The Mac OS developed before and simultaneously with windows
> platform and so it
> > fundamentally different to it.
> >     I was wondering if anyone has ever considered doing to the OS market
> what AMD did to the
> > chip market. Why not engineer an OS from scratch with the objective of
> being as close to the
> > windows platform as possible for application development? You could make
> it open source and
> > free and include Java and other cross platform API in all distributions.
> >     It would certainly be a big investment but their would still be enough
> money in the
> > coffers of companies like Sun and IBM to do it. Assuming that they had the
> right business plan
> > from the start. Which is to make it free for the client side and low cost
> and scalable for the
> > server side until you got a significant % of the client side market.
> >     If I could run a free OS that allowed me to run virtually all of the
> software that runs on
> > windows I would even think about paying for windows.
>
> a) You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
>
> b) An MPU instruction set has a few hundred instructions (I guess), while an
> OS has a few thousand API calls. I guess it's 10 times harder to emulate an
> OS than an MPU. Or maybe a hundred time harder if it's exponential. It seems
> harder, anyway.

Actually, the big difficulting in emulating the Lose32 API is that
Microsoft's implementation is so bug-ridden that the apps actually
RELY on those bugs.

> Steve

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Robert O'Dowd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:34:47 +0930

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> Peter da Silva wrote:
> >
> > In article <9bikaq$6a8$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Joseph T. Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Then move the whole company over to open protocols and interfaces!  :)
> >
> > That turns out to be harder than it looks, unless one doesn't mind losing
> > jobs because one can't deal with oddball Windows-only stuff that customers
> > send you. And Star Office is just the beginning.
>
> Simple.  You tell them to send it back to you in a format that's useable.
>
> People do this all the time.

Yeah, right.   Few paying customers would be willing to go to the
internet,
grab a 50ish Meg file with star office, install the package, rewrite
a document using that package, and then send you that file.
Particularly
when they are using a widespread package such as microsoft word, and
know you can obtain it easily.

While I agree that going to open protocols and interfaces can be a
good thing, the real world includes customers who don't want to
go that route.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NT kiddies, don't try this at home
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:16:32 -0400

GreyCloud wrote:

> "User Rdkeys Robert D. Keys" wrote:
> >
> > Bloody Viking <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Dave Martel ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> > > : <http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/5/18265.html>
> > > : Missing Novell server discovered after four years
> >
> > > : "...the University of North Carolina has finally located one of its
> > > : most reliable servers - which nobody had seen for FOUR years...One of
> > > : the University's Novell servers had been doing the business for years
> > > : and nobody stopped to wonder where it was until some bright spark
> > > : realised an audit of the Campus network was well overdue...Attempts to
> > > : follow network cabling to find the missing box led to the discovery
> > > : that maintenance workers had sealed the server behind a wall."
> >
> > > : Can you imagine an NT server running totally unattended for four
> > > : years?
> >
> > > In the computer world, that's tantamount to discovering the remains of
> > > Pompeii. Except that it was still working! Now, the motive of discovery was
> > > Microshit and software audits. Were it not for the BSA, that lone server would
> > > have continued until the hardware died, humming away the years like the
> > > Energiser Rabbit. That is some good uptime, 4 years entombed in a room that
> > > was sealed off like the dead Pharohs of Old Egypt.
> >
> > Gee, here at NCSU, I just took down an old AIX 1 server (IBM Model
> > 80/386) that had been up continuously from 1989 through 2000 after the
> > Y2K rollover (it was even Y2K compliant).   Mostly it was put out to
> > pasture for no good reason, except to drop a sparc in its place.
> > During 12 years of operation, its only problem was one HD bellyup.
> >
> > My NT4 box, well, it regularly bluescreens me, at least once a month,
> > for no good reason.... such fun....
> >
> > There is something to be said for something as ```remains of Pompeii''
> > in serverdom... if it works, don't muck it up with that other pointy
> > clicky thingie that bluescreens you to boredom....
> >
> > Good ol' *nix runs forever......
> >
> > Bob
>
> That's pretty much true.  There was survey FWIW between IBM S/390,
> AS/400 users and UNIX users as which O/S was the most reliable.  It
> varied of course but most put in UNIX as the most reliable, while some
> AS/400 users said that the S/390 was the best.  IBM is now claiming 35
> years guaranteed uptime.... I don't know how that could be determined.

IBM has some pretty esoteric technology, with load-balancing among
CPU's etc.  I'm quite confident that multiple CPU's within an AS/400
or S/390 could crash and reboot without ANY process being harmed
in the slightest...and the operators never even being aware of it.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:19:40 -0400

MH wrote:

> If you work on something for two hours on any system and don't save it every
> few minutes you're getting your due.

Spoken like someone who has never worked on a REAL operating system.

> "Nigel Feltham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:9bnkg3$a8qhr$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > The problem is not that Windows or Office are bad software. They aren't.
> > > Windows and Office are both fabulous.
> > >

> > Yes I particularly love the way it regularly crashes just when you are
> > about to save the past 2 hours work and lose it all - great feature that.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:20:43 -0400

Wade Blazingame wrote:

> > As hard as it may be to believe, even in Washington, price and quality
> have
> > some value. When a reporter asked why her agency uses Microsoft products,
> > Reno explained that her procurement policy is to "buy the best equipment
> > possible at the lowest price possible to benefit the American taxpayers."
> >
> > That's quite a concession. The purpose of American anti-trust law is not
> > prop up corporations that are losing market share, but to protect
> consumers.
> > If Windows is the "best" available operating system at the "lowest
> possible
> > price," it's hard to see what good it does Microsoft customers to split
> the
> > company in half.
>
> Yeah, I understand that most government procurement agencies are quite the
> authority on quality and cost-effectiveness.

As many a dead American soldier could attest...

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Bill Gates Is Ramming His Thick Meaty Cock Up Torvald's Weak
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:23:28 -0400

Peter Hayes wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:26:39 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Stefan Ohlsson wrote:

> > > Well, actually it does: (http://iclub.nsu.ru/jargon/frames/G/godwins-law.html)
> > > -->
> > > "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison
> > > involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one." There is a tradition in many
> > > groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned
> > > the Nazis has automatically lose whatever argument was in progress.
> > > Godwin's Law thus practically guarantees the existence of an upper bound
> > > on thread length in those groups.
> >
> > BZZZZZZZZT! WRong.
> >

> > It's not "mentioning Nazis"...it's accusing your opponent of BEING Hitler.
>
> Precisely. Otherwise the topic of Hitler, the Nazis, the Third Reich, the
> extermination of the Jews, the conduct of WW2, and a whole host of other
> topics like the development of audio tape recording couldn't be discussed,
>
> That'd be Usenet censorship, and we don't want that, do we?
>
> But call your opponent a NetNazi and you lose...

Nope...that's not sufficient

You only lose if you call your opponent Hitler.

> Peter
>
> --
>
> Microsoft innovation number 476 :-
>
> Take a product  X and P on it.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Aaron Kuklis Arrested!
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:27:40 -0400

Anonymous COWARD wrote:

> I think the following explains why Usenet has been without Kuklis the last couple
> of days:
>
> April 17, 2001 22:12:30 - Associated Press
>
> Royal Oak, Michigan - A man was arrested on Monday at a local CompUSA store after

There is no CompUSA in Royal Oak, Michigan.

> causing a disturbance and threatening store employees.  Police were called to the
> scene shortly after 5PM after the store manager called 911 and reported the they
> had a hostile customer who was threatening and hysterical.  Police arrived on the
> scene and discovered the suspect, identified as Aaron Kuklis, screaming at the top
>of his
> lungs.  The man was allegedly became irrate shortly after entering the store and
> discovering that CompuUSA was no longer carrying the Windows 98 Operating System.

Actually, that would inspire me to throw a party...barbecue on the sidewalk
by the front door.

> Police booked Mr. Kuklis into the county detention center on public nuisance charges.

Not only are you a cretin, but you're a COWARDLY one at that.

> ---
> This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
> It was posted with the use of anonymizing software at
> http://anon.xg.nu
> ---

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Exploit devastates WinNT/2K security
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 01:29:38 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> Roy Culley wrote:
> >
> > http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/8/18370.html
> >
> > Here's a snippet:
> >
> > "However, if for some reason it's necessary for you to use the many thrilling
> >  features of Windows networking without NTLMv2, then there is absolutely
> >  nothing you can do but pray."
>
> Microsoft love re-inventing the wheel over and over again.  There was a
> perfectly adequate file sharing protocol, called NFS which all UNIX's
> had, from IRIX to Solaris, you were guaranteed that they could
> inter-operate, but no, Microsoft had to be different, and now they are
> facing the consequences for their arrogance. Do I have any sorrow for
> those who went down the NT track? hell no.  I personally could not give
> a shit and hope that they get their machines hacked to pieces by a 10
> year old script kiddie, whilst the real work, yet again, is done by
> servers running UNIX, using standard compliant file sharing protocols
> developed over decades of work.

Peer reviewed, RFC- and IEEE-complaint protocols

Unix uses them.
Windows doesn't.

Says it all, really.

> Matthew Gardiner
> --
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.