From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Red Hat has become scary?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:13:01 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > 1961 Cuban Missile Crisis.
> >
> > Until the Communists are swept out of Cuba, then Cuba will be a
> > threat to the national security of the US.
>
> What is cuba going to do? flood the US with boat people...Geeze, that is

Provide a staging area for Chinese and/or Russian forces and weaponry,
in the same way that England was such for our invasion of Normandy.

Remember, never set policy based on your (wrong) ideas of your enemies'
intentions... instead, base your policy to account for all of their
capabilities.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:16:10 +1200

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1284000/1284054.stm

Although not incredibly indepth, it does cover the main issues
concerning customers. I would not be surprised that Microsoft first
starts off offering gimicks like "online storage" then gradually moves
from that to "unless you purchase this service you will not be able to
use your computer".  I would not be surprised if it did happen. Well, at
least when I pay $NZ189 for my copy of SuSE Linux, it is just a one off
payment.

And naturally, a company that produces quality news, uses quality
software:

The site news.bbc.co.uk is running Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) on Solaris 8

Matthew Gardiner
--
I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)

If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself

Running SuSE Linux 7.1

The best of German engineering, now in software form

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:16:11 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > You have to understand America's heritage to understand this.
> >
> > America is a place that people came to for the purpose of escaping
> > horrible other places...and so, many American's have come to think
> > that it is our duty to replace the horrible governments with one
> > like ours.
> >
> > Not saying that this is right...just explaining it.
>
> Most westerns don't know anything about the Asia culture and expect
> everyone to think like them. Had the tree hugging, "free Tibet" hippies
> read up about Asian culture, mainly Chinese, then they would know what
> is really happening.  As for their so-called political prisoners, You
> oppose the Communist Party ---> You oppose the Government ---> which
> makes you an enemy of the state and the people.  Simple as that. The
> majority, 99% of the Chinese population just want to get on with life,
> run a business, and grow some rice, whilst the very small minority want
> to stir shit, which, understandably gets the government pissed off.  So
> many times I wished NZ sent some of the shit stirrers to a nice labour
> camp to get some re-education, such as the Communists, Sue Bradford and
> her chief lieutenant Jim Anderton.

All too true.

I honestly believe that there are many nations where the populace
would be absolutely panic-stricken if they were faced with having
to vote for representatives in a popularly-elected government.

I'm not saying that they are incapable...merely that their culture
is soooooooo far away from that point, it's like putting someone who
has never even rode a bicycle into a drag-race on a Kawasaki crotch-rocket.

> Matthew Gardiner
>
> --
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why do Win advocates suck?  Part 1
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:18:46 -0400

Todd wrote:

> "Martigan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:bIYD6.60652$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >
> > O.k. now that I have your attention,.
> >
> >         I have posted a few times here and there, but what amuses me is
> this;
> > Windows trolls complain about how useless, unfriendly, incomprehensable
> > linux is,
>
> I would never say linux is 'useless'.
>
> It *is* hard to learn, and not organized very well.

Only for simpletons.

Actually, the organization is nearly identical to all the other versions
of Unix, except that the /dev/ directory doesn't have seperate sub-directories
for the disks, various types of terminals and pseudo-terminals, and tape
drives and stuff.

And the Unix filesystem hierarchy is actually organized EXTREMELY well...
...a hell of a lot better than the arbitrary mishmash of the idiotic
Mafia$oft filesystem hierarchies.

> > but most linux users have used windows for an extensive amount of
> > time.  So after all the bashing of whom has the "lazzy" os I say it is
> > Windows.  Can you do "True" OS maintanence in the CLI?
>
> Yes.  But why would you want to use the CLI anyway?

Because some things are NOT well-suited for GUI operations, MORON.

>  Funny.  A CLI is simply
> a text based GUI.  The Windows 2000 server resource kit give one almost
> every tool necessary for CLI work anyway... never used it though.
>
> Just use terminal services for remote admin.  Works great.
>
> >  Can you get any
> > good documentation with windoze?
>
> Sure.  It is fully indexed and very easy to use.
>
> >  At least I can type "info rm" and get a
> > FULL DETAILED discription of usage and envocations for the command!  Have
> > you tryed "help fdisk" in windoze?
>
> The correct CLI syntax is to put a /? at the end of the command.  If you
> want a lot more detailed help, there is always 'help' on the start menu.  I
> know that may seem unintuitive to the linux community :)
>
> >         Argue as you will but Linux has taken my blood and I shall give my
> energy
> > to the revalotuion.
>
> You may want to get a spell checker someday also :)
>
> >  Because people deserve the best!  And with Millions of
> > beta testers how can you complain.
> >
> >         P.s.  Ya Windoze might have better games, but why buy a $1.5K
> piece of
> > silicon to play games when you can buy a PSX2 for $300?
>
> Well, for me, I hate console games so far... they are just not nearly as
> involved as PC games.
> >
> >         P.s.s. If windows is so "great" why can it be brought down with a
> > "dumb-ass.txt.vbs"??????
>
> Hmmm... are you talking Windows 2000?  I could easily write a C program that
> would trash a Linux installation too unless you are not logged in as root
> (administrator in 2000).
>
> -Todd

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:19:59 +1200

<snype>

> Provide a staging area for Chinese and/or Russian forces and weaponry,
> in the same way that England was such for our invasion of Normandy.
>
> Remember, never set policy based on your (wrong) ideas of your enemies'
> intentions... instead, base your policy to account for all of their
> capabilities.
Its all about economics, first suck them in, create alliances, then, at
there most vulnerable point, squish, you've got Cuba by the balls, they
are so dependent on you that they will do anything to keep the gravy
train running.

Matthew Gardiner

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:20:06 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> > Detesting homosexuality is NOT the same as fear.
> >
> > Hope that helps.
>
> Why do you detest it?

What's NOT to detest about it?

> Matthew Gardiner
> --
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Aaron Kuklis Arrested!
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:21:21 -0400

Todd wrote:

> "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > how come you are running Windows 98?
>
> Why not?
>
> > how come you posted it using HTML encoding?
>
> HTML rocks over text.

Only to easily amused idiots like you who think font selections is more
important than the message itself

> Are you stuck in the dark ages or something?
>
> -Todd
>

> > Matthew Gardiner
> > --
> > I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
> >
> > If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
> >
> > Running SuSE Linux 7.1
> >
> > The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Pete Goodwin is in good company
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:23:09 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> Pete Goodwin wrote:
> >
> > Matthew Gardiner wrote:
> >
> > > Oh, the whole world owes me a living crossed with the, its everyone
> > > elses fault except my own syndrom.  Very typical in Windows programmers,
> > > esp those who have never done real programming, and instead rely on the
> > > old point and click application construction.
> >
> > And not at all a good description of me. Unless you think programming on
> > OpenVMS involved point and click?
> There is a first for everything :) oh, btw, did you run that memory
> test, its has been almost 4 days.

He was going to, but he found that the machine spontaneously rebooted.

Note, under the new Mafia$oft definition, spontaneous reboots aren't crashes.

Of course, to the rest of the world, a crash is still a crash.

> Matthew Gardiner
>
> --
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 00:24:35 +1200

> > Most westerns don't know anything about the Asia culture and expect
> > everyone to think like them. Had the tree hugging, "free Tibet" hippies
> > read up about Asian culture, mainly Chinese, then they would know what
> > is really happening.  As for their so-called political prisoners, You
> > oppose the Communist Party ---> You oppose the Government ---> which
> > makes you an enemy of the state and the people.  Simple as that. The
> > majority, 99% of the Chinese population just want to get on with life,
> > run a business, and grow some rice, whilst the very small minority want
> > to stir shit, which, understandably gets the government pissed off.  So
> > many times I wished NZ sent some of the shit stirrers to a nice labour
> > camp to get some re-education, such as the Communists, Sue Bradford and
> > her chief lieutenant Jim Anderton.
>
> All too true.
>
> I honestly believe that there are many nations where the populace
> would be absolutely panic-stricken if they were faced with having
> to vote for representatives in a popularly-elected government.
>
> I'm not saying that they are incapable...merely that their culture
> is soooooooo far away from that point, it's like putting someone who
> has never even rode a bicycle into a drag-race on a Kawasaki crotch-rocket.

That is the Asian culture, they have always have strong leaders, not
because they are "popular" or the can play the sax (like our old friend
Clyton), it is because they can move the masses and provide strong
leadership.  One needs to look no further during the Vietnam war and how
Ho Chi Minh was able to motivate the masses, with a kind little push
from the Soviets and Chinese.

Matthew Gardiner

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 08:25:06 -0400

Matthew Gardiner wrote:

> Matthias Warkus wrote:
> >
> > It was the Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:53:37 +1200...

> > >  I would, however, its funny the US never did anything about during the
> > >  15 years of hell in Germany.
> >
> > Huh? If you mean the Nazi tyranny, that was a mere 12 years, and hell
> > yes, the US did something about it -- late, but they did. They helped
> > give us a goddamn democracy, after all.
> Names of dictators that killed thousands, yet, not one word from the US:
>
> Pol Pot
> Alberto Penche

I think you mean Alberto Pinochet

> Stalin

Actually, a lot of anti-Communists protested Stalin and Pol Pot.

The only people apologizing for those two were Pol Pot and Stalin.

On the other hand, the pro-Communists in the US got equally upset
about Pinochet

> If you are going to jump up on ya soap box and declare war on those who
> oppress the masses, please do it consistency.
>
> Matthew Gardiner
>
> --
> I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)
>
> If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself
>
> Running SuSE Linux 7.1
>
> The best of German engineering, now in software form

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.