  Re: Windows 2000 - It is an excellent product ("Erik Funkenbusch")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Subject: Re: OT: Treason (was Re: Communism)
Date: 24 Apr 2001 21:43:56 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina"

>> >"global"

>> >And that is your description of the "global" society you say exists.
>>
>> No, it ain't. I was just not responding to your question.
>
>Yet the request remains unanswered.

Indeed it remains. I even said so myself just above. BTW: the use of
"yet" in that sentence makes no sense.

>  I'll state it again.  Please, describe
>this "global" society for us all.

I think I will give you the Bartleby treatment on that one.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 24 Apr 2001 21:45:10 GMT

billh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Roberto Alsina"
>
>> >You'll never sit on a grand jury in the USA, nor
>> >will you ever sit on a trail jury in the USA.
>>
>> Now, that you can't tell. I could immigrate, you know.
>
>Immigration isn't enough to qualify.

To become a jury? Are you saying there is no way at all
I could become a jury? I know there is, you know.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,soc.men,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:46:25 -0400

jet wrote:

> Aaron R. Kakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
>
> > This is why I advocate that ALL American men marry women from overseas...
> > preferably a country where women take a dim view of feminism.
> >

> Translation: Aaron is a reject pretending to be doing the rejecting. No

I brush off lots of attention from American women...primarily because
they don't meet my standards.

> American woman would have him,

See above

>                                 so he had to get a mail order whore from a

Name one person who has ever been delivered to the US via mail service?

> "translation" agency.

Are you saying that you would travel around alone, in a nation where
you know very little of the language, without a translator?

If so, you're even stupider than I thought.

> > [Yes, in many countries, the attitude is "Feminism is for WEAK women"]
>
> LOL. Did your mail order whore tell you that? Did you know that "gullible"
> is not in the dictionary?

No, actually, I did some research through the very useful tool known
as IRC  (Internet Relay Chat---which allows you to start conversations
with people all over the globe relatively easily).

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: 24 Apr 2001 21:48:37 GMT

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:41:51 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> A woman who thinks she should get paid the same as a man for the same work
>> is a feminist.
>
>When her work is truly the same.

Yes. Repetitive but yes.

>A woman who thinks she should get paid the same as a man, for work which
>is NOT the same *IS* a feminist.

Nope. That is a direct contradiction to the condition for feminism given above.
You need to do better than "is NOT". Repetition is not proof.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Joseph T. Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 24 Apr 2001 22:02:05 GMT

In comp.os.linux.advocacy Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: Why do you have lethal weapons?
: If the answer is "to defend myself", who would you be defending
: yourself against?

Most Americans own lethal weapons, and they owe an explanation neither
to you nor to anyone else.  They are free men and women, and have the
right to do as they please, provided they do not harm nor threaten
anyone else without just cause.

The same is true of the Citizens of several other countries, including
Switzerland and Israel.  These countries have exceedingly low crime
rates, as do the rural areas of the U.S. where unconstitutional "gun
control" laws are routinely ignored.  (Almost all the violent crime in
the U.S. occurs in or very close to major cities and schools, both of
which do have strict "gun control" laws.)

The weapons I own are primarily for defending the life, liberty and
property of myself, my family, and my country, against any threats,
foreign or domestic, including the most common and dangerous threat,
which is the constant menace of marauding thugs who steal and kill
partly for control of the drug trade and partly for fun.  However, if
circumstances require, I also may be called upon to use them to defend
and if necessary restore the lawful, constitutional government of the
United States, to enforce what valid laws are still in force, and to
resist any invalid laws or orders that can be lawfully and effectively
resisted.

Disclaimer: I am a member of the Ohio Unorganized Militia, but I do
not speak for it, nor for anyone else.  My words and opinions are my
responsibility alone.

Joe

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men
Subject: Shooting at Medics and other Geneva Convention violations
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:04:42 -0400

David Brown wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis wrote in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> >
> >Do you agree with the observation that Germans, Japanese, North Koreans,
> >Chinese, Viet Cong, and  North Vietname regulars shot at American medics
> >properly identified, according the the Geneva Convention, with red-cross
> >insignia on their uniforms, helmets, vehicles and facilities.
> >
> >A) yes
> >B) no.
> >

> What is all this fuss about shooting the other side's medics?  Are you going
> to claim that the Americans never shot medics on the other side, therefore
> they are "the good guys" in all their wars?  Without knowing any specific
> incidents, and without having been in a war myself, but knowing a little
> history, I would be very surprised if the Germans, Japanese, etc., never
> shot at American medics.  But I would be equally surprised if no American
> solders ever shot at their enemies medics.

Very true. I'm quite sure that more than one hot-head wearing an American
uniform has committed the same acts as well.

> In many situations, countries can not and should not follow the Geneva
> Convention.  It is fair enough if both sides of a war are involved in some
> sort of war of conquest in another area - following the convention will make
> it far easier to restore normal diplomatic relations afterwards, but if a
> country is invaded by a stronger force, then they cannot be blamed for
> fighting tooth and claw for their country.

A long time ago, someone claimed that I was a coward because I was
a radio operator.

I noted that in an ambush, the primary targets, in order, are

a) any identified leaders
b) the radio operator(s)
c) the medic(s)
d) heavy weapons (machine gunners, recoiless rifles, rockets, etc.)

(The US official doctrine, of course, is that we don't fire at Medics,
 because they are non-combatants by the Geneva Convention...well disciplined
 soldiers and snipers observe that rule...but not all riflemen and machine
 gunners are "well disciplined")

One of the retard sisters (either the spastic Raunchy, or the equally
dimwitted Enancephialle) claimed that "you can't shoot medics because
that's against the Geneva Convention", as if there is some sort of
Geneva Convention police in every firefight, conducting immediate
investigations to find out who shot the medics, and making on-the-spot
arrests.

She also claims that nobody EVERY shoots prisoners, because they
are a source of intelligence  (and wouldn't you know, the retard
sister claims that she USED to be a division-level intel officer).

What she fails to understand the VAST difference between
"POW's *ARE* kept alive so that they can be interrogated"
and
"POW's *SHOULD* be kept alive so that they can be interrogated"

Most infantrymen don't give a fuck about POW's.  They consider
any POW they have lucky to be alive, and, if the POW's are not
picked up by higher echelons quickly enough, will get rid of
the POW's for no other reason than that they are a pain in the
neck to guard and feed, let alone march all the way back to
battalion headquarter.

        "What happened to those POW's you were bringing with you?"
        "They tried to escape"
        "ok"

Of course, to the dim-witted non-combatant female officer who kept
herself in positions where her white gloves wouldn't get dusty,
such grim reality is so shocking, she actually claims it to be false.

   ---

But worse yet, when the retard sister cross-posted the thread into
us.military.army, David Casey, Redc1c4, V-man, and others jumped
in claiming that such Geneva Convention violations never happen.

(CLUE FOR THE FUCKING CLUELESS: if there wasn't an inclination
 among combatants to commit such acts, then there wouldn't need
 to be treaties prohibiting them!!!)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Your name)
Subject: Re: Has Linux anything to offer ?
Date: 24 Apr 2001 21:45:59 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (webgiant ) wrote in
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>This "problem" is also going away.  Dell and IBM offer Linux as a
>standard OS on the machine you take home from the store.
>Pre-installed Linux is a thing of the present.

Dell does not sell a pre-installed linux system for home users, just call
and ask,  I did.  They will only sell a business machine with linux
installed, no consumer systems!

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles,soc.men
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:05:47 -0400

billh wrote:

> "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>
> > Do you agree with the observation that Germans, Japanese, North Koreans,
> > Chinese, Viet Cong, and  North Vietname regulars shot at American medics
> > properly identified, according the the Geneva Convention, with red-cross
> > insignia on their uniforms, helmets, vehicles and facilities.
> >
> > A) yes
> > B) no.
>
> C)  Who gives a shit.

Note how Bill Hudson prefers to feign ignorance than to admit that I'm RIGHT.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft,us.military.army,soc.singles
Date: 24 Apr 2001 22:09:01 GMT

On 24 Apr 2001 22:02:05 GMT, Joseph T. Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>In comp.os.linux.advocacy Roberto Alsina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>: Why do you have lethal weapons?
>: If the answer is "to defend myself", who would you be defending
>: yourself against?
>

>Most Americans own lethal weapons,

"Most"? You mean over 150 million of them?

> and they owe an explanation neither
>to you nor to anyone else.

And I don't say they do. I am just asking. That is a right too, you know.

[snip]

>Disclaimer: I am a member of the Ohio Unorganized Militia, but I do
>not speak for it, nor for anyone else.  My words and opinions are my
>responsibility alone.

Are you guys planning on starting any revolts in order to restore the
lawful government of the US?

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:12:50 -0400

jet wrote:

> Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Brent R wrote:

> self-flagellating idiot.

> for equal work

> paid the same as

> equal pay.

> coming in early,
> business trip
> country (or

> AVERAGE for
> to the

> don't want to spend

> don't

> around
> want it,
> spend

> accepting
> worth
> do not
> rule but

> getting.
> because he
> to do,
> flush the
> he did
> he was a

> be

> hour
> of
> but

> that
> so
> would do

> > > Jesus man, do you really have to be that crude?
> > >
> > > Be careful Aaron, not all women are like that, I wouldn't even say the
> >
> > I wasn't referring to "all women" is was referring to that body
> > known as "feminism"
>
> To bitter boys like you,
     ^^^^^^^^^^^
Men who don't put up with male-hating sexism)

>                              all women who aren't submissive whores, like your
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jet's word for women who don't play mind-games.

> mail order
  ^^^^^^^^^^

One of several women I met while on vacation overseas.
By the way jet, please name ONE person who has ever come to America in
a crate delivered by mail.

             bride are "feminists".

> > > majority. There is a tiny minority of shrill man-haters who make the
> > > rest look bad.
> >
> > If a woman were getting abused by a man, and the rest of the men
> > stood around, and did nothing to him....are they not guilty of
> > letting him proceed with his abuse?
> >
> > Likewise, any woman who passively sits by, and accepts the ill-gotten
> > gains produced as a consequence of the paranoid cries of shrill
> > man-haters is guilty of giving tacit approval.
> >
> > I can name only a handful of American women who openly oppose
> > the Dworkinites....not surprisingly, somewhere around 50% of
> > them are foreign-born and raised.
> >
> > Cathy Young
> > Arianna Huffington
> > Michelle Malkin
> >

> > > Have you ever seen numbers on how many contemporary women give a shit
> > > about feminism?
> >
> > Any woman who is accepting the ill-gotten gains of sexist, anti-male
> > laws is just guilty as those who fought to get these laws enacted
> > in the first place.
> >

> > >                 The overwhelming majority couldn't care less about
> > > Steinhem, because the ones that have the talent and heart to go get what
> > > they want and the rest are just whiners who somehow end up in academia
> > > or on the news.
> >
> > They don't care because they aren't the ones being suffered by
> > laws which penalize ONLY men.
>
> You are an idoit. I voted against AA.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yet you still advocate sexist policies and laws that punish men for nothing
other than the fact that they were born male.
Why is that?

By the way, when you call someone an idiot, it helps if you spell it properly.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 - It is an excellent product
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:14:11 -0500

"Craig Kelley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > The users can only start and stop the drivers that the administrator has
> > installed, and the admin can deny them access to specific drivers by
> > disallowing them access in the ACL.
>
> Hmmm, I don't see a setting for ACLs on individual drivers here.
> Please elaborate, because this is the crux of the many complaints.
> We've known about this problem for at least a few years now, you'd
> expect a solution to be in place.

right click on the driver file, choose properties, choose security.  Click
"Deny" on the "Read and Execute" checkbox, or click advanced and edit the
user group and click "Deny" on "Traverse Directory / Execute File" checkbox.