From: Craig Kelley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Importance, or lack, of Marketshare?
Date: 26 Apr 2001 08:46:21 -0600

Darren Winsper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
>

> > Desktop still has yet to be seen.  Companies like Eazel are not doing well,
> > while companies like Loki are barely getting by.  "Breaking even" is not a
> > quality for a viable market.  Profit is.
>
> Eazel had an interesting idea, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to
> be working out how they wanted it to.  When I installed the final
> Nautilus it was such a dissapointment that I actually switched to
> KDE.

You may want to check out the new Ximian 1.4 release (includes
nautilus 1.0.1).  It still crashes every so often, but the
functionality is incredible.  You can hover the mouse over an MP3 file
and hear a snippit, you can zoom in and out of pictures in file view
(no need for another application), and its about the only file manager
that is legible on my 1600x1400 display  :)

--
It won't be long before the CPU is a card in a slot on your ATX videoboard
Craig Kelley  -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Subject: Re: Communism
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:47:12 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:13:56 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Roberto Alsina wrote:

> >> Are you saying you have not lied here, Aaron?
> >>
> >> Didn't you, when I said marrying you could be dangerous for a woman's
> >> health say that was not true, only to say, two posts later, that
> >> you would kill such woman if she ever got alimony from you?
> >
> >Divorcing =/= marrying
>
> If she didn't marry, she can not divorce. Getting alimony from you
> would be a direct consequence of her marriage.

False premise.

By that SUPPOSED logic, every marriage leads to alimony payments.

Wrong.

Marriage is necessary BUT NOT SUFFICIENT for there to be alimony payments.

Entering into marriage AND THEN DIVORCING is what brings about alimony.

Tell, us, Roberto, do you think businesses should be allowed to
commit breach of contract, and THEN get REWARDED for doing so
for the next 20 years by the other businesses

> >Hope that helps, Master of non-Logic.
>
> Gee, why I am not impressed?
>
> --
> Roberto Alsina

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (theRadical)
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:47:08 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:42:11 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>theRadical wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:59:36 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>when

>lots of

>would

>adjustment.
>weeks

>of

>> >Shut up, you little fascist bastard.
>>
>> showing your true third grade mentality now aren't you liar?
>
>AAAAAAAw, did I heart the fealing of the little Neo-Stalinist piece of shit.

yes, and i am the one with poor communications skills, huh liar?

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:48:47 -0400

Roberto Alsina wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:22:49 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Roberto Alsina wrote:

> >> Again, Aaron, this is not tennis. And you should realize that the name
> >> said after "game set match" is the name of the WINNER. So, are you saying
> >> I am a moron and I won (what does that make you?) or are you saying YOU
> >> won, and you are a moron?
> >
> >So, you're admitting that you just lost to a moron....
>
> It depends. What was the intended meaning?

You lost

Whether you claim that I am a moron or not is immaterial

You still lost

> If the first, then I am glad you accept I won, but I disagree about me being
> called a moron. Yet, I will just blame it to your agitation at having lost.
>
> If the second, I agree you are a moron, and I am glad you have the guts to
> say so yourself. I will however, disagree with having lost, and will consider
> that as just the babblings of a self-confessed moron.
>
> In any case, what's clear is that you know shit about tennis.

What I do know is that you're a police-state loving prick, who
deserves to put to death, in the same way as you put down a rabid dog.

> --
> Roberto Alsina

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: BrendaLee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: soc.singles,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.men
Subject: Re: Women's rights and responsibilities.
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:48:43 GMT

"Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:

> BrendaLee wrote:

> > > You need not sleep with a bed-hopping slut for her to name YOU
> > > the father of the demon spawn of the incarcerated DangerAsshole
> > > whos actually did the act.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.

> > > How?
> > >
> > > The mother has custody.  And in most states, the mother is allowed
> > > to DENY the collection of any DNA sample from the child, so any
> > > challenge to paternity becomes significantly more expensive.
> > >
> > If I were a man and some woman was trying to pin me as the father
> > of a child that was not mine, no amount of money would be too
> > expensive, because whatever the cost is, it would be less than a
> > lifetime of costs that were not my responsibility.
>
> Actually, Brenda, that's part of the scam.

okay, I'm listening

> If they can push the legal costs of fighting it to a significant fraction
> (say, the equivalent of 12 years of child support, with NO GUARANEE
> of victory), then that eliminates a lot of child support challenges
> right off the bat.

This is true.. And I can see that as happening. Many men are not
financially equipped to pay the costs of a DNA paternity suit .

> > And I was under the impression in the cases of questionable
> > paternity that a DNA sample could be demanded.
>
> Nope.  Paternity is still judged on English common law: whoever
> the mother CLAIMS is the father *IS* the father, until proven
> otherwise.

Hmmm, I did not know this..

> > I cannot picture a
> > court or other such institution demanding a man pay when he is in
> > doubt of being the natural father.
>
> The courts are in the dark ages--when men who were off in some
> foreign land for over a YEAR before the birth of a child could be,
> AND STILL ARE, deemed the legal father of the child.

In many respects I believe this to be true. I don't know why the
court system would not keep current with the times. Any ideas as
to why that would be the case?

BrendaLee

====================
http://www.cocreator.com/ehmka/
=====================================

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: 26 Apr 2001 14:50:42 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:47:12 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Roberto Alsina wrote:

>> >Divorcing =/= marrying
>>
>> If she didn't marry, she can not divorce. Getting alimony from you
>> would be a direct consequence of her marriage.
>
>False premise.
>
>By that SUPPOSED logic, every marriage leads to alimony payments.

Some marriages lead to alimony payments. I said marrying you *could*
be dangerous for her health. Not that it *was* dangerous for her health.

If you gonna blather about "SUPPOSED logic", it would do a world
of good if you actually read what you are replying to.

Take a deep breath. Ignore your stench. Now think.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (theRadical)
Crossposted-To:
alt.society.liberalism,misc.survivalism,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,soc.singles
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 14:50:18 GMT

On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:41:26 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>theRadical wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001 09:59:08 -0400, "Aaron R. Kulkis"
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>knowing that using
>campaign of deception
>own enslavement.

>claim to his own life.

>idiot twat such as

>vehicle and
>nothing more

>you duties

>able

>> >If it's proven, then it's not a lie.
>> >Hope that helps, moron.
>>
>> let me rephrase for you shithead.  it has been proven that you lied
>> again.
>
>We're supposed to trust the judgement of a person who can't
>even communicate in now, eh?

your poor comprehension has nothing to do with my ability to
communicate, liar.

>If you can't write the language clearly, then why should we believe
>that you can comprehend it?

yes, that coming from the dolt who wrote the following sentence (i
didn't even have to look outside this thread):

"AAAAAAAw, did I heart the fealing of the little Neo-Stalinist piece
of shit."

so, not only are you a supposed unix engineer, a supposed law
enforcement officer, a supposed maritime expert, a supposed
constitutional law expert, bully, asshole and a liar, you are a really
ignorant stupid fuck on top of it all.