From: "You've got MALE.. sex organs!" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Feminism ==> subjugation of males
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:42:46 -0500

Sure you didn't have an older sister who kicked your little
pussy ass around when you were a kid?

------------------------------

From: Peter =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hlmann?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Bye all. Wow the Linux scene has changed.
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:29:52 +0200

MH wrote:

> I thought 'real men' had no reason to use windows anything? Isn't that
> 90% of COLA?
> Geez ..make up your minds people. You bash Aaron for weeks over his
> client header ...

Well, there are actually people here who either ran wintendo before
switching, or who have a network even at home. I for example have a
network consisting of 2 linux-boxes, 1 OS/2-Warp-box, 1 computer with
winNT4, 1 Laptop with Win98 and the 2 computers of the kids, also running
windows. There is nothing wrong in running windows also, what is wrong is
the way Aaron is lying to us, pretending he runs something else.
Iīm willing to believe that he has a linux-box also, but unless he
*proves* his outlandish claims *and* cares to explain in what way his
security is enhanced by his childish ploy (if it were true, which I donīt
believe) Aaron is simply a lying piece of goat-shit to me.

He can run windows as long as he wants, I donīt care. He just should not
tell us those outlandish claims.

Peter

--
The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact
that nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:01:54 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >>
>    >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >>
>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >>
>    >> >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >>>>> Aaron R Kulkis writes:
>    >> >> >>
>    Aaron> Brent R wrote:
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> > Modern feminism decries "the patriarchy", and then whines for
>    >> >> >> >> > it to come back and clean up her diapers, because she still hasn't
>    >> >> >> >> > learned to shit in the toilet.
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> Jesus man, do you really have to be that crude?
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> >> Be careful Aaron, not all women are like that, I wouldn't even say the
>    >> >> >>
>    Aaron> I wasn't referring to "all women" is was referring to that body
>    Aaron> known as "feminism"
>    >> >> >>
>    >> >> >> No, you are talking about a tiny minority of those women who
>    >> >> >> self-identify as feminist.  For most women that means that women
>    >> >> >> have equal rights as men.  Not the lunatic fringe that declare
>    >> >> >> all heterosexual sex is rape.
>    >> >>
>    Aaron> Thank you for agreeing with me.
>    >> >>
>    >> >> So you think most women that call themselves feminists
>    >> >> are not really feminists?
>    >>
>    Aaron> Most American women who don't even call themselves feminists have a SEVERE
>    Aaron> "women should be able to take anything a man has, and give nothing
>    Aaron> in return" attitude.
>
>    Aaron> Those who do call themselves feminist advocate the use of kangaroo
>    Aaron> courts to accomplish it.
>
>    >> You did not answer my questions.
>
>    >> I am sorry your experience of American women has
>    >> been so poor.
>
>    Aaron> Actually, my own PERSONAL experience has been ok.  However, one does
>    Aaron> not need to personally experience divorce, etc. to know how badly the
>    Aaron> guys get shafted....all you need to do is pay attention to what is
>    Aaron> happening to all of the other men around you.
>
> I do.  I have personally seen no bad cases.  All the divorces
> I personally know about were settled on child support, not
> alimony.  And in the cases where the woman was the larger breadwinner
> and joint or paternal custody, the woman paid the child support.
>
>    >> I personally know no women that are at all like
>    >> the ones you seem to think are most American women.
>
>    Aaron> You must live in a cave.
>
> Nope, but perhaps I hang with a better crowd than you do.

This is your way of saying that you don't associate with American women...

>    >> I have read about some, so I do know they exist.  However
>    >> based on personal experience I conclude that they are rare.
>
>    Aaron> Come out of your cave, ahole...
>
> Hang with a better crowd.

I do.  I quit associating with American women.

> (assuming you have any friends in the first place).
>
> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:08:05 GMT

   BrendaLee> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

   Aaron> I wasn't referring to "all women" is was referring to that body
   Aaron> known as "feminism"

   Aaron> Thank you for agreeing with me.

   Aaron> Most American women who don't even call themselves feminists have a SEVERE
   Aaron> "women should be able to take anything a man has, and give nothing
   Aaron> in return" attitude.
   >>
   Aaron> Those who do call themselves feminist advocate the use of kangaroo
   Aaron> courts to accomplish it.

   Aaron> Actually, my own PERSONAL experience has been ok.  However, one does
   Aaron> not need to personally experience divorce, etc. to know how badly the
   Aaron> guys get shafted....all you need to do is pay attention to what is
   Aaron> happening to all of the other men around you.
   >>
   >> I do.  I have personally seen no bad cases.  All the divorces
   >> I personally know about were settled on child support, not
   >> alimony.  And in the cases where the woman was the larger breadwinner
   >> and joint or paternal custody, the woman paid the child support.

   BrendaLee> Just because you have never seen one does not mean they don't
   BrendaLee> exist. For instance, my stepfather got divorced from his first

True, I did not say they didn't.  I said that in my experience
they were unseen, and therefore I expected they were rare.

   BrendaLee> wife. I have no idea what she said to that judge but he was taken
   BrendaLee> for the ride of his life. Literally.  He was forced to pay her
   BrendaLee> 'alimony' for the ''rest of her life''. It was garnisheed from his
   BrendaLee> wages automatically every week. On top of child support. And twice
   BrendaLee> that I know of he went to court and pleaded that he had another
   BrendaLee> family and could they lower it and he was told by the judge to
   BrendaLee> *get another job*.

   BrendaLee> I am sure this in not the norm, but it can, and did happen. And I
   BrendaLee> witnessed it with my own eyes. I do believe nowadays there is a
   BrendaLee> two-year-get-back-on-your-feet helping out period or something
   BrendaLee> similar in certain cases.... At least that is what I have heard.

That would be state law, and local to your area.

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Y'all should be happy about this (or maybe not, I dunno)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:15:09 +0100

>> Religious connotations aside, I agree. I do get quite cynnical when
>> righ people use charity as a gigantic billboard.
>
> Especially when the "Millions of dollars of charity" consists of
> $0.50 pieces of aluminum-coated plastic platters "valued" at $800
> for tax-write-off purposes.

That's just plain dishonesty and, as such is inexcuasble. Donating
Ģ1000000 worth of CDs and calling it as useful as Ģ1000000 is a plain
lie. Yep, the charity organisations are going to be so much better off
for having WinME instead of Win98 (or whatever).

-Ed

--
You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.

u 9 8 e j r (at) e c s . o x . a c . u k

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:18:40 +0100

>> So you're saying that because he's gay, he't turn other people gay, but
>> you would never do something similar because you're not.
>
> Men constantly try to convince unwilling women to "give them a chance"
>
> What makes you think gay men are any different towards an unwilling
> object of affection?

1 Would ever hit on a lesbian? That would be a total waste of time. i
  expect most momosexual men have wnough wit to realise that hitting on
  hetrosexual men is a total waste of time.

2 According to a friend of mine, it's much easier to pick up a homosexual
  man than a hetrosexual woman, so they have to try a lot less. In fact,
  it seems to amuse him how hard it is for us.

-Ed

From: Jan Vorbrueggen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Subject: Re: Blame it all on Microsoft
Date: 26 Apr 2001 17:20:15 +0200

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rob Warnock) writes:

> I'd *much* rather have a good spec that a "reference implementation"...

Oh, of course!

But DDCMP - a very nice example, that - is of course only a fairly small
part of DECnet, and creating a substantially complete implementation is
quite a large task. (I know, I read most of the VAX implementation on the
microfiche...) So having a starting point is still a good idea.

Apropos reference implementation: Of course the various DEC implementations
played that role for DECnet. Independent implementations then found
interesting...ah..."holes" in them...a PC version, for instance, set a
field that should have been ignored (as per the spec) in a certain packet
to -1, which promptly crashed the VAX receiving it.

And MVS and VM had two different implementations of RSCS (the basis of
BITNET), done by two indepedent groups I believe, which resulted in certain
files crashing any MVS machine they happened to traverse when sent via BITNET
(a store and forward network). Of course, RSCS is a resilient protocol, so
when the other side came back again after the crash, the file was resent...

        Jan

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:24:58 +0100

>> The problem came with the non open movement where people suddenly
>> decided that NDA's were a good thing etc. Stallman had a problem with
>> this and as it got worse, he started (or at any rate played a huge part
>> in getting it off the ground) a trend in the oppersite directinn: to
>> make softwareopen again. But, by this stage it was no longer enough to
>> have software in the public domain (as it always was) because now there
>> was a real threat of people taking public domain software and closing
>> it. That's why the GPL was created.
>
> Then why was IBM dragged into Federal Court over the issue of MANDATORY
> bundling of IBM programming services with IBM computer sales?
>
> At the time, IBM's contracts PROHIBITED any non-IBM employee from
> programming thier machines.
>
> Why would that be?
>
> Hint: $$$$$

That was after people realised software was worth money. The initial IBMs
were not sold like that.

-Ed

From: BrendaLee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:23:49 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [...]
>    Aaron> Actually, my own PERSONAL experience has been ok.  However, one does
>    Aaron> not need to personally experience divorce, etc. to know how badly the
>    Aaron> guys get shafted....all you need to do is pay attention to what is
>    Aaron> happening to all of the other men around you.
>    >>
>    >> I do.  I have personally seen no bad cases.  All the divorces
>    >> I personally know about were settled on child support, not
>    >> alimony.  And in the cases where the woman was the larger breadwinner
>    >> and joint or paternal custody, the woman paid the child support.
>
>    BrendaLee> Just because you have never seen one does not mean they don't
>    BrendaLee> exist. For instance, my stepfather got divorced from his first
>
> True, I did not say they didn't.  I said that in my experience
> they were unseen, and therefore I expected they were rare.

Yes you did, I saw that as I was continuing the thread, but wanted
to place a concrete example of my saying that there were
exceptions.

>    BrendaLee> wife. I have no idea what she said to that judge but he was taken
>    BrendaLee> for the ride of his life. Literally.  He was forced to pay her
>    BrendaLee> 'alimony' for the ''rest of her life''. It was garnisheed from his
>    BrendaLee> wages automatically every week. On top of child support. And twice
>    BrendaLee> that I know of he went to court and pleaded that he had another
>    BrendaLee> family and could they lower it and he was told by the judge to
>    BrendaLee> *get another job*.
>
>    BrendaLee> I am sure this in not the norm, but it can, and did happen. And I
>    BrendaLee> witnessed it with my own eyes. I do believe nowadays there is a
>    BrendaLee> two-year-get-back-on-your-feet helping out period or something
>    BrendaLee> similar in certain cases.... At least that is what I have heard.
>
> That would be state law, and local to your area.

Okay, I am not familiar enough with state laws to know for sure. I
just knew that it was wrong to make him pay for that duration. And
what makes it worse was that she was a very big woman and was
physically abusive to him. I saw her take a phone one day, and as
he was about halfway down the steps she flung the phone at him and
it hit him in the middle of the back dropping him to his knees. He
finally got up and continued walking out the door.

He got it from all angles.

BrendaLee

In all honesty though this was a while back and I believe things
have since changed for the better.

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.fan.rush-limbaugh...)

--
BrendaLee
Lady DreamCatcher
====================
http://www.cocreator.com/ehmka/
=====================================

brendalee makes the world better by her presence in it.

              ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~

when you dance with an angel the angel don't change the angel
changes you
              ~~jackie 'anakin' tokeman~~

------------------------------

From: "Edward Rosten" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.theory,comp.arch,comp.object
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:26:33 +0100

> You are naive. I'm talking about the MIT Open Source culture that dates
> to the 1950's.  All Stallman did was institutionalize it by creating the
> GPL and the Athena Foundation.

The Open Source culture had nothing to do with MIT. It was a global
phenomenon at that time.

-Ed

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Windows is a virus
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:32:34 +1200

Andy Walker wrote:

> What is the technical term to describe a virus?
> A piece of software involuntarily installed on a computer causing wilful
> damage?
> Well doesn't Windows fit this description? When I bought my computer I got
> an unwanted piece of software called Windows98 on it and as for wilful
> damage, without including data wiped out due to BSOD, it does quite a good
> job of wiping LILO off the boot sector when you install it. I don't even
> think I need mention the deliberate attempts of Microsoft to screw up
> other software not owned by themselves such as quicktime!
>     Perhaps the courts might do better pursuing them for manufacturing and
> distributing a virus rather than a monopoly, you never know, it might end
> up with Gates doing a stretch. Hopefully he'll bend down to pick up the
> soap and realise what it feels like to be shafted like his customers have
> been for years!
> No doubt Microsoft fans will whine about this but some people are so dumb
> they don't even realise how they have been ripped off for years, they're
> probably the same people who couldn't cross the right box in the U.S.
> elections!
> Some people you just can't get through to, so why bother even try!

Windows isn't a virus.  A virus is small, compact, fast, efficient and does
the job it was orignally written for.  Windows is the complete opposite!

Matthew Gardiner

--
Disclaimer:

I am the resident BOFH (Bastard Operator From Hell)

If you don't like it, you can go [# rm -rf /home/luser] yourself

Running SuSE Linux 7.1

The best of German engineering, now in software form