From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why Linux Is no threat to Windows domination of the desktop
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 19:01:13 -0400

Matt Kennel wrote:

> On Thu, 03 May 2001 00:25:18 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> :Edward Rosten wrote:
> :>
> :> >> What an absurd statement, you're the one being completely illogical. If
> :> >> a hetrosexual can be "converted" then clearly they already have
> :> >> homosexual leanings.
> :> >
> :> > Proof?
> :>
> :> I shall use you, Aaron as proof. Would you ever have sex with a man?
> :>
> :
> :So, then, you maintain that homosexuality is NOT a choice, and
> :is therefore genetically determined.
>
> Well, it could be a somatic biological mutation.  Though I think
> there is a significant genetic component.

Translation: The DNA didn't specify an organism well-built enough
        to complete the task of reproducing the DNA in a new generation.

> --
> *        Matthew B. Kennel/Institute for Nonlinear Science, UCSD
> *
> *      "To chill, or to pop a cap in my dome, whoomp! there it is."
> *                 Hamlet, Fresh Prince of Denmark.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve Chaney)
Subject: is this why our economy is so fucked up? (was Re: women who pick criminals
for mates are undesirable mates)
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 23:04:56 GMT

On Thu, 03 May 2001 00:39:41 -0700, nunnayabidniz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 May 2001 04:24:14 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve Chaney)
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 01 May 2001 02:32:14 GMT, "Deborah Terreson"
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>>----------

>>>Damn, that's cold!
>>
>>Any woman who picks a criminal over a nerd is definitely a suicidal
>>headcase that should not be swimming in the gene pool. The rest are pretty
>>much borderline headcases but a woman who picks d) is undisputably the one
>>to avoid having kids with
>>

>arry Flynt runs a site called www.jailbabes.com , and a compnaio site
>for women with jailed men. The study I saw 2 years back said the
>majority of women marrying ex-felons are female bank execs and
>financiers...in other words, women seem to be choosing these.

Actually, jailbabes.com is a site full of female inmates. All potential
model soc.singles wankers. I'm gonna bookmark this site, I've gotten more
jolly good laughs out of this, page for page, than the dotcom deadpool
thing at www.fuckedcompany.com!

Check out some of the quotes:
http://www.jailbabes.com/jb.cgi?p=JB04714
"Jail Babe Profile - JB04714
Release Date: 3/15/2007
'Please don't let my Out Date scare you. I am not a bad person. I just made
some bad choices in my life but I feel that I am now a better person...'"

Oh and here's another ad. Spot the gimmick in this photo:
http://www.jailbabes.com/photos/JB04701.jpg

Talk about monuments of FLAMING HYPOCRISY:
http://www.jailbabes.com/jb.cgi?p=JB04914&s=1
"Jail Babe Profile - JB04914
Release Date 6/15/2015 (or: who the fuck did she kill?)
'I am sincere, sexy, witty, warm, caring, compassionate and in need of that
special man to make me feel complete. He must be sexually and financially
stable. He must also be supportive, loyal, friendly, loving, generous,
trustworthy and reliable. I will seriously answer all letters received. (No
inmates please.)'"

BTW, what is the companion "jailed men" site? I bet such a site is a
fucking GOLD MINE for some good laughs.

And if female bank execs are marrying ex-cons then no WONDER our economy is
such a bloody mess!!

>I have a better idea. Rather than putting up with it, or watching
>shows like Chasing Amy and believing them, why not reject and ridicule
>these women in public? The women among our wives' firends, or anyoen
>we knowf who does this? Once they get less attention that's positive,
>they wil lstop. Women are sheep.

You have a most excellent idea there.

-- Steve

===============================
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (remove the "-" to email me)
This site is just TOO COOL for a counter! http://www.self-acceptance.org
"As long as an enemy is judged solely by his
appearance, his victory is assured." - Outer Limits
STOP SMOKING NOW!!! ASK ME HOW!!! http://www.geocities.com/brenduh52/
CATCH THE DODOJAILBIRD! http://www.best.com/~paladin/dwarfcranston
The alt.bonehead.jim-dutton FAQ @ http://www.best.com/~paladin/jjd-faq.txt
Ramalamer, 31337 h4x0r & MS Outlook user: http://www.best.com/~paladin/ramalane.shtml
"Let 'em eat eep" - Lady Veteran

------------------------------

From: "Adam Warner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: The Text of Craig Mundie's Speech
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 11:06:56 +1200

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/craig/05-03sharedsource.asp

Count the number of times the "GPL" is mentioned:  10.
Count the number of times ".NET" is mentioned:  4.

As LWN news states, "One could perhaps be forgiven for concluding that
Microsoft is starting to feel a bit of pressure..."

Adam

Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:13:46 -0700
From: Brock Hannibal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Matt Kennel wrote:

> On Thu, 03 May 2001 11:20:27 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> :Ian Davey wrote:
> :>
> :> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> :> >So, to summarize, you believe that homosexual attraction is genetically
> :> >determined.
> :>
> :> The evidence certainly suggests that.
> :>
> :> >In other words, it is a birth defect, just like congenital mental retardation.
> :>
> :> No, in other words it's just like hetrosexuality.
> :
> :No, it is not.
> :
> :Heterosexuality promotes the propagation of the DNA...therefore, (since
> :our bodies are nothing more than carriers for our DNA to propagate into
> :the next generation), heterosexual attraction is USEFUL for the DNA.
> :
> :Conversersely, homosexual attraction does NOTHING for the propagation
> :of the DNA...in fact, it actually INTERFERES with the DNA's propagation
> :into the next generation.
>
> Male homosexuality much less than female, note.
>
> :You know...like 25,000 years ago, when people didn't have the slightest
> :freaking CLUE about what created babies.
>
> People were not that ignorant.

Well, since there is no evidence of civilization that old and no
evidence of written communication that old I'm not sure we can
reasonably assess the level of ignorance of the hunter-gatherer groups
of humans that existed. They most likely did not understand the
sperm-egg relationship but they may have connected fucking and babies.

--
Brock

"One thing counts in this life: Get them to sign
 on the line which is dotted...A. Always. B. Be.
 C. Closing. Always Be Closing."

http://www.swingout.net/

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Roberto Alsina)
Subject: Re: women who pick criminals for mates are undesirable mates
Date: 3 May 2001 23:19:49 GMT

On Thu, 03 May 2001 18:57:43 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>Steve Chaney wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 4 May 2001 00:36:35 +0800, "frank" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> >What I don't  understand is that such women are usually very sexy and
>> >pretty. They uasually have big boobs, a shapely butts and small waists.How
>> >do you explain this?
>>
>> Looks + Brains = Constant
>
>Wrong.
>
>Looks x Brains = Constant.

What a stupid thing to say. If that was correct, you would be the prettiest
guy in Detroit.

--
Roberto Alsina

------------------------------

From: "Charles Shuller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: De we need (or is there) a GPL Legal Defense Fund ?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 06:36:47 -0400

In article <IFhI6.5176$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
"Flacco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> what can a lightweight GPL author do if a corp decides to use his GPL'd
> code contrary to the terms of the GPL?
>
> Is there a legal fund established anywhere that covers this
> (inevitable?) eventuality?
>
> Are there legal analyses of GPL available anywhere?

What you do is contact GNU.  Look at their web-site at http://www.gnu.org
The GPL is a binding contract and has stood up many times in court.  It
was written by lawers, or at least persons very fammiliar with contract
law.  The fact of the matter is, when you create software, the resultant
code belongs to you.  If you stick the GPL, or LGPL on it, no one can
contest that.  And I suspect that any intelecual property lawer would be
glad to take the case for a percentage of the winnings if you have proof
of the GPL violation.  It is binding and protective.

------------------------------

From: "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Bought out by MS geeks...
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:28:41 -0500

> Said Erik Funkenbusch in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Thu, 3 May 2001
> >"T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> Said Erik Funkenbusch in comp.os.linux.advocacy on Wed, 2 May 2001
> >>    [...]
> >[...]
> >>
> >> Either most do, or all tend to, Erik.  Your abstraction error is
> >> showing.
> >
> >What are you talking about?  I never said all.
>
> That's the problem.  If you'd have said "all tend to", then you wouldn't
> have performed an abstraction error.  If you'd said "most do", your
> statement would likewise have been correct.  You were compelled to say
> "most tend to" because you knew for a fact that your statement is a
> fabrication: a very small number do, because all tend to, but not very.

I think you forgot to take your medication.  You're not making any sense
whatsoever.

Wait, oh yeah... I'm talking to Max, what was I thinking... you almost NEVER
make any sense.

------------------------------

From: Aaron Ginn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: WinTrolls and advocates are the ones who are geeks!
Date: 03 May 2001 16:27:54 -0700

s/geek/dork/g

HTH,
Aaron

--
"Perl is worse than Python because people wanted it worse."
   Larry Wall, 14 Oct 1998

------------------------------

From: "Erik Funkenbusch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why is Microsoft opening more Windows source code?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 18:45:53 -0500

"." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:9crm0l$93k$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Erik Funkenbusch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > "jtnews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> On CNBC this morning I heard that they're
> >> making opening more of Windows source code
> >> due to pressure from the open source model
> >> of Linux.
> >>
> >> If open source is so bad, according to Microsoft,
> >> why are they suddenly changing their tune now?
>
> > Open Source isn't bad, according to MS.  The GPL is.  They support Open
> > Source licenses such as the BSDL.
>
> Alright, fair enough, but why exactly is microsoft spending so much time
> and energy slamming the GPL?  Is it some sort of threat?

Well, obviously, Linux is a competitor, and Linux is based on the GPL.  So
in that respect, yes.  It is a threat.

I also see that most people that use the GPL don't really understand it's
full ramifications.  In this very newsgroup we've seen arguments with very
knowledgeable people that were surprised to find some of the restrictions
that the GPL has.  If very knowledgeable people aren't fully aware of what
the GPL is all about, how can you expect the average joe to be?

Most people think the GPL just means "free software", and the FSF goes out
of its way to use the most confusing terms possible (while explicitly
clarifying them on their website, where few actually ever read them).

The FSF *WANTS* people to be confused about the GPL, so that once they've
taken the plunge, they're stuck.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 19:54:53 -0400

Matt Kennel wrote:

> On Thu, 03 May 2001 11:20:27 -0400, Aaron R. Kulkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> :Ian Davey wrote:
> :>
> :> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> :> >So, to summarize, you believe that homosexual attraction is genetically
> :> >determined.
> :>
> :> The evidence certainly suggests that.
> :>
> :> >In other words, it is a birth defect, just like congenital mental retardation.
> :>
> :> No, in other words it's just like hetrosexuality.
> :
> :No, it is not.
> :
> :Heterosexuality promotes the propagation of the DNA...therefore, (since
> :our bodies are nothing more than carriers for our DNA to propagate into
> :the next generation), heterosexual attraction is USEFUL for the DNA.
> :
> :Conversersely, homosexual attraction does NOTHING for the propagation
> :of the DNA...in fact, it actually INTERFERES with the DNA's propagation
> :into the next generation.
>
> Male homosexuality much less than female, note.

No, actually the opposite.

A female homosexual might be raped, and reproduce anyways.

Therefore, male homosexuality interferes MORE with reproduction than female
homosexuality.

> :You know...like 25,000 years ago, when people didn't have the slightest
> :freaking CLUE about what created babies.
>
> People were not that ignorant.

Really?

When we were in the hunter-gatherer stage, there was no science to speak of.
Certainly not the level needed to determine the direct linkage between
sex and the birth of a baby 9 months later.

> --
> *        Matthew B. Kennel/Institute for Nonlinear Science, UCSD
> *
> *      "To chill, or to pop a cap in my dome, whoomp! there it is."
> *                 Hamlet, Fresh Prince of Denmark.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Daniel Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Justice Department LOVES Microsoft!
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 23:55:17 GMT

> Daniel Johnson wrote:
> > > No, that was merely a graphical front-end to DOS.
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean by that.
>
> This is why you are an idiot who is not sufficiently
> knowledgeable to make a meaningful contribution to
> this discussion.

Well, you see, I'm a very shy person. I don't
want to stand out from the crowd.

:D

> > At *no* time was Windows *just* a graphical
> > front-end.
>
> Windows 1.x, 2.x, 3.1, 3.11, 98, and 98 (all versions)
> have been nothing other than a GUI running on top of
> DOS.  As time has gone on, the superstructure has
> attempted to bypass the foundation, which is why the
> latest versions (the 9x series) are so fucked up.

You feel that Windows 3 is a better product than
Windows 95?

Still, Windows 1 wasn't "nothing but" a GUI on
top of DOS; even then it had a few other things.

Which I enumarated:

> >             Even the first version provided device
> > indepedant printing, dynamic library support, and
> > some rather crude multitasking.
> >
> > Windows/386 was the one that first had DOS boxes,
> > or so I understand it. I believe that this is the code that
> > was elaborated into what is now the Win32 subsystem
> > of Windows 95.
> >

> You are truly ignorant.

Are you sure about that?

I don't think what I just said is all that
controversial.

> Try taking a class in Operating systems, and get back to us.

I have done, but it wasn't very helpful, actually.

Can you tell? :D

> In the future, remember this maxim
> "Better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth, and
> remove all doubt"

I'm not persuaded that it is I who looks
like a fool right now.

> As long as you continue to post your inane drivel, we
> well all *KNOW* that you are a fool.

Who is "we"? You and Max?

From: "Daniel Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 23:55:18 GMT

> Daniel Johnson wrote:
> >
> > "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > >
> > > It's still Illegal
> > >
> > > Hope that helps.
> >
> > I hope that even you can admit that any
> > law that consigns us all to DOS forevermore
> > is a bad law. :D
>
> UM, please explain what law it is that would replace
> one illegal restraint-of-trade contract with another
> restraint-of-trade contract.

Beats me. You seem to be suggesting that
there is some law that prohibits Microsoft
from killing off DOS.

Perhaps it's only illegal for Microsoft?

------------------------------

From: "Daniel Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 23:55:19 GMT

> Daniel Johnson wrote:
> > DR-DOS, like MS-DOS, was a lousy platform for
> > something like Windows, never mind desktop
> > applications.
>
> You are truly an idiot.
>
> Windows 1.0, 2.0, 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98 ALL run ON TOP OF DOS.
>
> It really doesn't matter if it's MS-DOS or DR-DOS, if you remove
> the DOS from it, it will not run.

Well, sorta. Even Windows 1 did provide
its own memory manager of sorts.

As you go down that list of OS, Windows
subsumes more and more of DOS's functions.
There's not a lot left in Windows 98.

Not *nothing*, but not much.

This is only necessary *because* DOS is
such a poor platform; the few services it
provides it provides *badly*.

Fixing the problem basically means getting
rid of DOS. MS-DOS, yes, but DR-DOS
too.

> > > what is your point, exactly?
> >
> > My point is that Microsoft's competition is
> > mostly very poor as a development platform
> > for desktop apps.
>
> Your point is not valid, becaus the premise is in contradiction
> with reality.

Is that your way of saying "Is not!"?

From: "Daniel Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 23:55:20 GMT

> Daniel Johnson wrote:
> > > Grinning when you say something stupid and insulting ever get you
> > > punched in the face in real life, troll?
> >
> > Oh, I don't grin: I pronounce ":D".
>
> I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg of the mass
> of symptoms which identify you as a complet and utter moron.

Everything I know I learned from Victor Borge!

[snip- The Sig That Will Not Die]