From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Analysis of the Linux Report from MS
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:11:41 +1200

Ayende Rahien wrote:

> "Rob S. Wolfram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > [x-posted]
> >
> > I liked your analysis of the article, but then again, I am biased. Since
> > the serious Windows advocated don't hang around in COLA, I took the
> > liberty to cross-post this to COMNA. This is not ment as food for
> > trolls, just an attempt to trigger some real advocacy from both camps.
>
> Okay, I'll bite.

I'll respond :)

> > Chris Sherlock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > >Microsoft makes: Windows 2000, Windows ME (soon to have Windows XP for
> > >consumers) and Windows CE. In the Windows 2000 stable they have: Windows
> > >2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Advanced Server and
> > >Windows 2000 Data Centre. This is a fair range of products, which is a
> > >fair enough thing to do: each has it's own strengths and capabilities.
> > >However, this is no different than from the various Linux distribution.
>
> I would have to agree about that, even Linux has its 9x, Corel Linux.

Same, distros have their strengths and weaknesses, it all depends on what you
demand from the OS.

> > >I would also dispute the fact that their are 188 distributions of Linux.
> > >Perhaps they would care to list these distributions? If you look at the
> > >Linux distribution market fairly then you will find that their are only
> > >a few key distributions: Debian Linux, RedHat Linux, Turbo Linux,
> > >Caldera Linux, Mandrake Linux and Slackware Linux. As you can see, their
> > >are not so many as Microsoft say. To put it bluntly, saying that their
> > >are 188 different distributions of Linux is ridiculous, as there are
> > >many hobbiest distributions (where someone has put together their own
> > >distribution: just because they could or just to see how the different
> > >components go together in Linux).
>
> That depend on how they count those distributions.
> www.linuxiso.org list 21 distributions.
> If they count distribution per platform (RH for x86, RH for PPC, RH for
> Alpha, etc), that pretty much explain the number. :-)

That doesn't take in account the number of task dedicated distros, such as the
router on a disk, or E-Smith, which all it does it serve webpages.  Take all
those types out, and when you count the number of visible, that is, ones known
by the general tech community, then group them together, Corel is based on
Debian Slink release, Mandrake and Caldera based around Redhat, and SUSE based
around the draft LSB compliancy specs.

> > >When Microsoft writes "For example, there is no guarantee that any
> > >software you develop on one distribution will run under another
> > >distribution", this is a fair enough comment until you realise that all
> > >of the main Linux distributions keep up to date with packages and
> > >release upgrades to main programs as soon as they can package them.
> > >There is also a filesystem standard that most distributions adhere to
> > >fairly well; Linux development is incredibly portable as standard
> > >libraries are used and if you can compile on one system cleanly then you
> > >will be able to compile on another system. From here it is just a matter
> > >of "packaging" the developed program to the required distribution.
>
> What about binary distributed software? That is pretty much a big problem,
> because some dist has different FS layout, and (at least AFAIK, there is no
> (standard) way to find about this layout).
> As for "incredibly portable as standard libraries are used", that is *pure
> bull*, if I use standard libraries, I can port code from windows to linux to
> unix to VMS to Mac to whatever you want, as long as it support the standard
> libraries (I mainly talk about C/C++ standard libraries, are you talking
> about something else?).
> There is a limit to how much you can do with those standard libraries,
> before you hit performance & usability limits. (Usability means that you
> just *can't* do some stuff using the standard libraries. Threading, GUI &
> networking, to name a few.)

Both qt and gtk is available on vitually every UNIX avail, hence, those
limitations have been decreased.  As for the issue regarding different
varients, simply aim for 4 distros, say, Redhat, SuSE, Debian, Mandrake, and
any problems faced can be worked around using scripts etc.  This how ever will
be corrected as more distro's start to conform to the LSB standard which is
almost complete.  The reason why it has taken so long is to ensure that all
parties that are involved agree to the standard, thus ensuring no distro's are
insolated.  Once that has been set in concrete, all you will need to do from
there is program to that specifications.

> > ><quote>
> > >
> > >Less Secure
> > >
> > >"Open source" means that anyone can get a copy of the source code.
> > >Developers can find security weaknesses very easily with Linux.  The
> > >same is not true with Microsoft Windows.
> > >
> > ></quote>
> > >
> > >Where do I start?
>
> You don't, I never understood this statement.
> s/Developers/Hackers
> I understand, but not the way this is now.

The comment by Microsoft is like a person who goes to  break into a house, and
instead of using a key (which the person has), they will use a pick set.
People don't hack and crack because it is easy, they do it for pair
recognition, and by closing the source code, all you are doing is entice them
to try to "beat the system".  The more closed it is, the harder it is, and the
more people will try to hack and crack the system, hence, making close source
solutions more vulnerable to hack and crack attacks.

> > > What about the number of IIS holes that have needed to
> > >be patched - even recently!
>
> That is not fair, want to go over the list of Linux's programs that need
> patching?

List please :)

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Linux is paralyzed before it even starts
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:17:37 GMT

On 17 May 2001 00:44:03 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Porter)
wrote:

>On Wed, 16 May 2001 20:53:27 GMT,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Wed, 16 May 2001 20:33:37 GMT, T. Max Devlin
>><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>>ZZZZZZZZZ
>>

>> Great answer T-Bone......
>>
>> So far you have YET to come up with ONE SINGLE REASONABLE REPLY to
>> anything that anyone has written.
>>

>This accusation is really quite funny, coming as it does from a
>long term Wintroll, who's huge list of fake ID's is a record
>on COLA.
>
>"Steve,Mike,Heather,Simon,teknite,keymaster,keys88,Sewer Rat,
>S,Sponge,Sarek,piddy,McSwain,pickle_pete,Ishmeal_hafizi,Amy,
>Simon777,Claire,Flatfish+++,Flatfish"
>

>ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
>

>> flatfish
>

>--
>Kind Regards
>Terry

Typical no content, attack the messenger instead of the message
response from a linonut.

Are all of you guys cut out of the same mold or something?

flatfish

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris or Linux?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:17:46 -0700

Bob Hauck wrote:

> On Tue, 15 May 2001 23:57:10 -0700, GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >I called it a myth and found a web site that mentions this... I didn't
> >really see the reasons for having the core programs in one slice and
> >then applications in another slice and then users in another slice...
>
> The default install for a workstation is often to have one big partition
> (plus swap).  This is more flexible as far as not running into the situation
> where the partition you need to use is full but another one isn't.
>
> However, I usually put /usr/local and /home on separate partitions so that I
> can more easily upgrade the OS.  Most installers will leave those alone so I
> don't have to restore from tape afterward.

Yes, that makes good sound sense.

> A few times I have been forced to put /boot on a partition in order to get
> around a broken BIOS.
>
> Sometimes on servers it is good to have multiple drives for speed.  For
> example, put the web files on one drive and the logs on another.  This of
> course necessitates using multiple partitions.

That was my suspicions from the very beginning... back in the 70's hard
drives for UNIX were not all that large... about 10 or 20 Megs.  So it
was a natural to put various directories on separate hard drives, and
obviously give performance a boost as an aside.

> So there are lots of ways to do things, and as many reasons.

Many reasons, and I like to hear of these.  Once one gets into the
alligator pit of sys admin with one type of system for a long time, one
loses out on others experiences of doing things either differently or
for different missions.

For the lone linux desktop one partition usually suffices.  Why linux
distros don't do it the way you suggest is beyond me, but it is a very
good idea for doing O/S upgrades... unless you stay with that distro and
like RH the upgrade is controlled by their script.  So many different
ways. :-)

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Why did Eazel shutdown?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:19:00 +1200

pip wrote:

> Matthew Gardiner wrote:
> > Geeks talk? most programmers I have meet are recluse, social impotant twitts
> > who couldn't string a sentence together to save themselves.
>
> Gee, thanks.

Forgot to add, they are commonly Windows programmers.   Linux programmers, well,
at Uni, were the ones dress up like a Goth whilst listening to the likes of
Marilyn Manson or on the other end of the spectrum, sometimes they were the
people you least expect. Me? I'm the type of person who can get up in and speak
to a group of 500 people without the need to prepare a speech. One of the speechs
at Uni. I made was concerning Linux and development, 96% was the mark I received,
4% was taken off as many people were lost when I went into great detail, however,
the lecturer did note that I  was able to make computer fun by ensuring that
there were comparisions between complicated issues, such as kernel internals and
what happens in the real world.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:19:37 GMT

On Thu, 17 May 2001 00:07:51 GMT, "Chad Myers"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Have you been in a box for 6 years or something?

No that would be Terry Porter.

>NT 4.0 received C2 orange _AND_ redbook quite a long time ago.
>
>Get with the program.

Which one?

Linux has thousands :)

>> Perhaps NT is *really* secure if it isn't actually running!!!!
>
>No, that's Linux. Connect Linux to the network and it becomes
>part of the vast DDoS collective used to bring sites like
>Ebay and Amazon down last summer. Entire university computer
>labs of Linux boxes were compromised.

You're assuming the person can figure out HOW to connect a Linux box
to the network.

flatfish

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Campaign: Microsoft Free by October 1st
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:21:41 +1200

Roy Culley wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
>         Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > Me: BBC --> Amiga 500 --> Windows 95 --> Linux
>
> You had a bbc micro and don't know who developed the arm processor?
> Acorn produced the bbc micro and then developed the arm processor
> for the archimedes. Of course a lot has happened since but those
> guys at Acorn were pretty smart. The archimedes came out in 1987
> with a 32 bit ARM (RISC) processor.
>
> I still think bbc basic was the best basic I have ever used.

Is someone going to port Linux to it? :)

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:23:47 +1200

Nigel Feltham wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > >Why not write some tools then?
> > >
> > >-Ed
> >
> > Dammit Jim! (Ed)!!!
> >  I'm a musician not a programmer!!!!
> >
> > I'd stand a better chance of building my own artificial heart.
> > Anyone know if that "LeakEnder 2000" on infomercials works on blood?
> >
> > flatfish
>
> Then why not post requests for the software you need onto some Linux
> programming newsgroups and let someone else code them for you?

I've still got my Atari with the keyboard hooked up to the midi.  It still
works, so why worry about moving?

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:23:53 -0700

"." wrote:

> Larry Rosen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (.) wrote in <9dsvo3$jsi$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> >>Easiest way is to fill up swap on bland installs...:)
> >>
> >>Ive also done it with poorly written opengl applications.
> >>

> >>-----.
> >>

> > The swap on my Solaris box has filled up, OS didn't lock.  It stopped doing
> > many processes until I released swap space and it kept right on running
> > normally.
>
> BLAND INSTALLS.
>
> Christ, what the hell is the matter with you people?  READ ALL OF THE WORDS,
> NOT JUST THE ONES THAT MAKE YOU LOOK SMART.
>
> Bastards.
>
> -----.
>
> --
> "George Dubya Bush---the best presidency money can buy"
>
> ---obviously some Godless commie heathen faggot bastard

When I first installed Solaris 8 x86 and got setup on the net, I stared
to download programs off of the net... after a while I started getting
system messages saying that the UFS is full.  I stopped and started
reading all of the printed material I managed to get from Sun.... DOH!!
My first taste of UNIX!  I then realized the stupid mistake I had made
and a lot of the things that were beaten into my head from NAVSEA. I was
logged in as root and downloaded into the root slice!  The system never
crashed, but I used the helpful grep to find out my mistake and moved
the files over to user area.  After that I was in user mode doing the
downloads to user area.  VMS didn't have this restriction.  Of course I
didn't have a VAX on the net either.

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: EXTRA EXTRA MS ADMITS!!!!
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:27:40 +1200

> I guess you've never heard of an HP-9000?
>
> Have you been living in a moon crater face down your entire life?

Itanium has not been released yet, the HP-9000 is a PA-RISC based machine.
However, with that being said, the eventual map is the gradual phasing out of
the PA-RISC processor in favour of the Itranium, that has alot in common with
the PA-RISC processor. HP-UX is also being ported. Solaris and the developement
tools have already been ported.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: "Chad Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 02:14:18 GMT

"A transfinite number of monkeys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> On Wed, 16 May 2001 02:00:52 GMT, Chad Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> : > Remember the I-LOVE-YOU virus?
> :
> : And I suppose that you have some type of miracle cure that prevents users
> : from opening attachments with viruses?
>
> Well, yeah.  Re-associate anything that's normally associated with the
> Windows Scripting Host with Notepad.  Nothing breaks, and even if the
> stupid users open those attachments nothing happens.

But what about the executables?

> : > And when the IIS server was being attacked by worms, they recommended you
> : > disable even more services to prevent the problem.
> :
> : As opposed to the Unix mentality which is "open more services!"?
>
> How about the Unix mentality, which is "secure your services"?

Not from what I've seen. Typically, it's lock down everything but port 80
on the firewall because nothing else can be trusted. not even DNS in most
cases (BIND seems to always ship with the "Root Exploit" feature).

> : > And when we discovered there was a new backdoor, we were again asked to
> : > delete a particular .DLL program to eliminate the problem.
> :
> : Which no one uses anymore anyhow.
>
> If no one uses it, why did M$ keep distributing it???

That's a good question. I've oft wondered that myself.

-c

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: To Erik: What is Wordperfect missing?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:31:10 +1200

> What part of OLE don't you understand?
> (why the hell would *you* use access anyway? isn't it another worthless,
> evil product from the Borg?)
> In any event, all you're doing is pasting an image (static) of the data into
> the document.
> You update the data in the source, the data in the document stays the same.
> If you embed the same, the link is "live". Changes to the source are
> reflected in the document in which you "embedded" a live copy.
> D'oh.
>
> Another LinPert telling us how *everything* else in the world works.

OLE is already available for Linux via Corel Wine.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:36:05 +1200

"~¿~" wrote:

> "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
>
> > Just imported a Access table into Pardox without any problems. Quattro
> > Pro is handling MS Excel with any formatting issues, and Wordperfect is
> > as stable as the pope. Please, yet again I stress, where are the
> > so-called features that MS Office has that Wordperfect hasn't.
>
> Not to get into a pissing match over features here, but uh, it's obvious
> that your spreadsheet doesn't have anything in the beyond standard formulas.
> It couldn't have:
> VBA macros

Wordperfect Macros.

> OLE

Available in the Corel Wine.

> Excel Pivot tables

Does the average business use that feature (if it does exist)?

> Complex 'what if' scenarios

What if? what?

> I could go on and on ..
>
> The point is, that, if it is a standard "works for dummies" spreadsheet
> (which I'm thinking it is), then no problem. If it's something used in a
> professional capacity, such as a Real Estate business that puts everything
> into Excel workbooks, then forget it. You're not doing your Advocacy any
> favors by perpetuating this sort of blatant BS. Just tell it like it is:
> Corel for Linux will handle the importing of  MS office files if said files
> don't include any of the more advanced features of that software. Your
> manure is getting thick, as is your lack of knowledge on concepts such as
> OLE.

explain for me and the Linux community "professional capacity", just as you
have said in the past, "linux lacking professional applications", yet,  you
have never gone into great details.  Give me example and/or senarios of
spreadsheet work a Real Estate agent can do on Excel but cannot do on Quattro
Pro.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:37:28 +1200

Terry Porter wrote:

> On Wed, 16 May 2001 18:53:30 GMT,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > "Matthew Gardiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> >
> >> Just imported a Access table into Pardox without any problems. Quattro
> >> Pro is handling MS Excel with any formatting issues, and Wordperfect is
> >> as stable as the pope. Please, yet again I stress, where are the
> >> so-called features that MS Office has that Wordperfect hasn't.
> >
> > Not to get into a pissing match over features here,
>
> You're not succeeding are you ?
>
> > but uh, it's obvious
> > that your spreadsheet doesn't have anything in the beyond standard formulas.
>
> Oh I dunno.
> His spreadsheet has remote GUI, stability and is probably free.

Nope, I am using good old Quattro Pro that came with Corel Wordperfect Suite 2000
for Linux.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.destroy.microsoft
Subject: Re: Microsoft Admits To Backdoor In IIS [updated]
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:38:09 -0700

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> "T. Max Devlin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > Said Chronos Tachyon in alt.destroy.microsoft on Wed, 16 May 2001

> in
> > >  [Snip]

> > >Oops, I must have missed that the first time around.
> >
> > I wouldn't believe it for a second of Funkenbusch's telling.  Got a
> > reference, Erik?  I promise not to bicker even if it is nothing more
> > than an Microsoft press release.  I'm done quibbling with trolls and
> > sock puppets; I'm just curious.
>
> Plenty.
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2550387,00.html
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5082925,00.html
>
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdhelp/stories/main/0,5594,2551858,00.html
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-5933518.html
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/story/0,1199,NAV47_STO43878,00.html

Yep!  Read them all... and guess what?  Microsoft is the one reporting
and says its investigating into embedded messages.  The thing is... even
after a year it still cropped up at Yahoo.  Therefore, MS either hasn't
fixed it or Yahoo never upgraded.
We shall see in the future.

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:38:53 +1200

> > as is your lack of knowledge on concepts such as
> > OLE.
>
> He demonstrated no lack of knowledge of OLE, you're the one
> making these claims.
>
> We are still waiting for someone to explain the so-called
> features that MS Office has that Wordperfect hasn't.
>
> You may consider OLE to be a feature, is that your point ?
>
> --
> Kind Regards
> Terry

OLE is available via Corel Wine.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: 17 May 2001 10:40:43 +0800

    Craig> Newsreaders are harsh mistresses.  Once you get used to a
    Craig> certain one, all the others seem less capable and clunky.
    Craig> My first newsreader was trn, and when I decided to change
    Craig> over to gnus (because trn wasn't really being maintained
    Craig> anymore) it took at least a couple months to get everything
    Craig> setup perfectly.

I switched from rn (even more primitive than trn because it doesn't do
threading) to Gnus 6 years ago.   The switch was pretty smooth (It was
still GNUS at that time --- slow and limited capabilities).

Of course, Gnus offers so many features and is so customizable that it
takes time to  *gradually* fine tune every tiny  detail.  However, for
the basic "daily" operations, it's very easy.  Once you have it up for
basic news  reading, you can proceed  to learn more  features.  It's a
smooth path.

    Craig>   I still miss some of the neat features of
    Craig> trn as well.

Such as?  Tell the Gnus developers  and I think they'll get it working
in a month!  :)

    Craig> The thing I hate most about Pan/KNode/Free Agent/Outlook
    Craig> Express is that I can't read news on more than one
    Craig> machine/platform.

And with Gnus/Emacs, you can even telnet to a server, in the worse case...

    Craig> I wouldn't reccomend gnus to anyone
    Craig> who wasn't *very* familiar with emacs, but I really like it
    Craig> myself.

Yes, that's  true.  And to one  who is already familiar  with Emacs, I
can't see any  reasons not switching to Gnus for news  and mail (or VM
for mail).

--
Lee Sau Dan                     §õ¦u´°(Big5)                    ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: W2K/IIS proves itself over Linux/Tux
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:46:01 +1200

> It seems that Cal. isn't the only state having troubles with black outs.
> We're starting to see some server farms drop off the net for a while
> because the server farms aren't being told a rolling black out is
> coming.

Why not build more power plants? New Zealand is already building two more power
plants to handle the ever increasing demand. 70-80% of power is from hydro, and the
rest is from Geothermal, Coal, and Gas fired plants.  Up at the garbage dump there
is a small power plant running off the methane produced from the rubbish dump, so,
maybe California should setup one of those outside Microsoft to capture all the crap
that they produced.

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: Matthew Gardiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: SUSE license (was: Linux Users...Why?)
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:48:26 +1200

> >support projects that are worthwhile? such as reiserfs and kde.
>
> I take it that you hereby imply that projects like Gnome, apt and rpm
> are not worthwile?

Nope, SuSE support projects that are in their agenda. By all means, other distros
support it, however, since they donot fit into the SuSE grand plan, why should
they support these projects?

Matthew Gardiner

------------------------------

From: GreyCloud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 19:49:33 -0700

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> "Charlie Ebert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > In article <TlqM6.31157$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, fmc wrote:
> > >
> > >Take a look at Slashdot May 14, 2001:
> > >http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/05/14/1858201 , the same posting
> that
> > >someone claims proved this was a recent event.  That page now explains
> that
> > >it was old news, and even has a link to it:
> > >http://slashdot.org/articles/00/04/14/0619206.shtml
> >
> > Well you would have to be a Microsoft Systems Administrator then.
> >
> > Humm.  Well I guess Yahoo and Sun are both in alot of trouble then.
>
> Apparently they are.  All the other major news services are carrying the
> story about Yahoo "resurecting" the year old story.
>
> > Nope, sorry.  I can't let this go.  It is a new event sir.
> > You can quit banging your head against the wall here for us.
> >
> > Thanks anyway.
>
> Because you're a moron.  Are you still claiming that HP has been selling
> Itanium systems for the last year?

http://www.hp.com/products1/itanium/index.html

Only if you are a business partner.  From what I've read at HPs site,
itanium is being used right now by developers.