  Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU! (JS \ PL)

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Just when Linux starts getting good, Microsoft buries it in the
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:42:32 -0400

David Brown wrote:

> Chad Myers wrote in message
> <_7PO6.25055$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> >
> >"David Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >news:9efs03$9ar$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> Does XP allow you to setup a MS "Intellimouse" during installation?  The
> >> last windows installation I did (Win98SE) didn't know of their
> existance -
> >> you needed an extra driver download or disk to set up an MS mouse !
> Linux
> >> Mandrake, on the other hand, has supported it for many years.
> >
> >Um, Win98 supports the intellimouse. There are updated drivers which you
> >can get from Microsoft.com, but last time I used Win98 it found my
> >intellimouse just fine.
> >

> Yes, Win98SE found the mouse fine, but there was no way to identify it as a
> wheelie mouse and use the wheel or the middle button - I needed an extra
> driver to do that.  I had it on a disk, or could have got it from
> microsoft.com, but the point is Win98SE did not come with a driver for
> something as simple as a mouse, marketed by MS itself, and several years old
> by the time 98SE came out.  And it needed a reboot after installing the
> drivers.  Not impressive.  I was just curious if XP has begun to catch up on
> Mandrake regarding its bundled drivers and hardware detection and setup.

Wait another 20 years.  Mafia$oft is still working on 1960's and 1970's
technology which takes a mere 5 lines of code to implement.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:45:26 -0400

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Thu, 24 May 2001 00:40:10 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Charlie
> Ebert) wrote:
>
> >THEY HAVE INTELLIMOUSE!!!
> >
> >OH LORDY LORDY LORDY!!!  WE DOOMED NOW!
>
> Yep...
>
> And you are stuck with an OS that supports less than half of it's
> features....
  ^^^^^^^^

most Mafia$oft "features" are utterly pointless wastes of memory
and execution speed.

Hope that helps, MORON

> Typical Linsux
>
> flatfish++++
> "Why do they call it a flatfish?"

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ouch!
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 01:48:04 -0400

Anonymous wrote:

> How can it be a crime to not report a
> bug?

It's not.

It's a crime not to report felonious activity.

Since Tony didn't want to play ball, I forwarded his stupidity
onto the local FBI office.  They forwarded it to the internet
crimes division.

I expect that Mr. Roth is going to have a lot of fun....

considering how he indicted himself and everything.

> Doesn't seem to make sense.
> There could be many reasons why a person
> chooses not to report a bug.
>
> "Aaron R. Kulkis" wrote:
> >
> > tony roth ([EMAIL PROTECTED])wrote:
> > >
> > > My friend (name to be withheld since he's a real freak hacker) found a nice
> > > little bug in a very very popular OSS package he was quite grateful for the
> > > open source code since he did not have to do any reverse engineering.  This
> > > bug is another stack overflow with root potential.  He's just sitting on it
> > > waiting for a rainy day! btw it still has not been patched.
> > >
> > > bs from mlw snipped
> >
> > When it gets exploited, the FBI will come to you.
> >
> > You've just admitted that you know of criminal activities, and have
> > not reported it.  thus, you are aiding and abetting a criminal.
> > Since most "freak hacking" is FELONIOUS, you are aiding and abetting
> > felonies....and liable to be charged as such yourself.
> >
> > Now....either YOU turn over the bug within 24 hours, or *I* call the FBI.
> >
> > Is any of this getting through to you?
>
>   --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
>      Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server
>     -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==----------

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Re: IBM to let Linux fans use mainframe--for free
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:05:30 -0400

Richard Thrippleton wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:
> >fmc wrote:
> >>
> >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> >> >
> >> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010522/tc/ibm_to_let_linux_fans_use_mainfr
> >> ame--for_free_1.html

> >> Yes, read this:
> >>
> >> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010522/tc/ibm_to_let_linux_fans_use_mainfr
> >> ame--for_free_1.html
> >

> >When posting long URL's please adjust your line length so that they don't
> >get fucked up
> >

>>http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/20010522/tc/ibm_to_let_linux_fans_use_mainframe--for_free_1.html
>         I don't claim to be an expert on 'net standards by any stretch of
> the imagination, but aren't all news postings supposed to be wrapped to 76
> characters regardless? I know there's some reason for this, but it escapes
> me at this time. Any ideas?

URL's are an obvious exception to the tradition.

> Richard

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:11:52 -0400

tony roth wrote:

> two things number 1 the guys is an attorney and two his attorney hates the
> fbi and has been very successful defending cases against the fbi.  Don't get
> me wrong I'm no tim mcveigh and neither is he and we do not promote anti
> American beliefs!  Aaron should try to understand the law first before
> spouting off.  He's not an attorney,  yet just like in everything else he
> tries to be all knowing :)

I don't give a fuck. "freak hackers" belong in fucking jail,
and I hope your friend swings from the end of a rope.

> "Anonymous" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > How can it be a crime to not report a
> > bug?
> >
> > Doesn't seem to make sense.
> > There could be many reasons why a person
> > chooses not to report a bug.

> nice
> for the
> This
> on it

> > > When it gets exploited, the FBI will come to you.
> > >
> > > You've just admitted that you know of criminal activities, and have
> > > not reported it.  thus, you are aiding and abetting a criminal.
> > > Since most "freak hacking" is FELONIOUS, you are aiding and abetting
> > > felonies....and liable to be charged as such yourself.
> > >
> > > Now....either YOU turn over the bug within 24 hours, or *I* call the
> FBI.
> > >
> > > Is any of this getting through to you?
> >
> >   --------== Posted Anonymously via Newsfeeds.Com ==-------
> >      Featuring the worlds only Anonymous Usenet Server
> >     -----------== http://www.newsfeeds.com ==----------

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:12:35 -0400

Richard Thrippleton wrote:

> In article <4ulO6.108$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, tony roth wrote:
> >My friend (name to be withheld since he's a real freak hacker) found a nice
> >little bug in a very very popular OSS package he was quite grateful for the
> >open source code since he did not have to do any reverse engineering.
>         I doubt this very much; "freak hacker" = "script kiddy" . He might
> be 1337 on irc, but I doubt he could understand C code, much less some
> obscure security implementation. I don't think we have anything 2 ph33r.
>
> Richard

Tony has been reported to the FBI for aiding and abetting a felon.

We'll see how long he crows.

heheheh

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

------------------------------

From: "Aaron R. Kulkis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 02:15:42 -0400

Glitch wrote:

> >> I have written applications for both Windows and Linux, I don't think
> >> that C/C++ is any easier or difficult on either platform. I must admit
> >> that the MS Visual IDE is *nice* especially the debugger, but NOTHING
> >> that can't be overcome with judicious use of logging.
> >
> > IOW, you have to do extra work...
>
> having to do ur work over again b/c the app crashed isn't fun either and
> should *not* happen but it does.
>

> > Ms Access is not a competer against MySQL. While Access can be used as
>
> you mean competitor right? or maybe computer? lol
>

> > The difference is that GUI is more natural, it allows trial & error
> > learning, which is much better ingrained into us than mere reading the
> > docs.
> >

> unfortunately most Windows users are too scared to do any trial and error with
> *anything*.  That's why they are stupid. They don't ever try anything on
> their own. They always want someone else to do it and only do enough so
> the problem gets fixed.  Trial and error learning goes along the ines of
> exploring your environment or asking the questions why or how something
> works.  Most users of Windows don't have that type of personality and
> therefore won't ever venture into the realm  of trial and
> errror/exploring.

Not only that, but by hiding everything (in the name of "user friendliness),
Mafia$oft makes it incredibly DIFFICULT for the average user to learn
anything to the point of understanding.

> Linux users on the other hand *do*   have that type of personality.

Most of the "unix user, not by choice" crowd *also* learn to play around
with the system.  It comes from the confidence of knowing that they can
poke around without fucking things up.

A confidence which is sadly lacking when working with a Mafia$oft platform.

> Having that personality in and of itself I don't think makes you smarter,
> but the effects of that personality do (ie. you try new things to see
> what happens and whether the consequence is good or bad you still learned
> something)  The curious stick their finger into a wall socket and get
> fried.  If you live you obviously learned not to do it again.
>
> >> Also if you want to self educate yourself that Linux provides FAR MORE
> >> OPPORTUNITY by way of community and documentation for an individuals
> > ability
> >> to *LEARN* contrast this to windows documentation and community which
> >> is woeful, charging for MSDN is a disgrace.
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/ is avialable to anyone, for free.
> >

> what's teh site that you only get access to if you pass one of the MCSE
> exams to become an MCP?  Only MCPs have access to the site; i'm just not
> sure which one it is.

A:  The wise man is mocked by fools.

From: JS \ PL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy,comp.os.ms-windows.advocacy
Subject: Re: Microsoft - WE DELETE YOU!
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 14:13:41 -0400

Aaron R. Kulkis wrote:

> Most commonly used desktop OS in General Motors is the Unix family.

That's a little hard to independently verify isn't it?