Am 12.12.2012 20:35, schrieb David Robillard:
On Wed, 2012-12-12 at 12:26 +0100, hermann meyer wrote:
Am 11.12.2012 17:31, schrieb David Robillard:
I am not familiar with libgxmm or the guitarix LV2 work specifically,
sorry, no concrete suggestions.
well, libgxw is a additional gtk+2.0 widget library with widgets mainly
for audio applications, libgxwmm is the gtkmm wrapper library for it.
Both are part of the guitarix source tree. Default use was as static
library for guitarix, i have change that now, so that it will be build
as shared library if the LV2 amp is selected to build.
Are you just depending on this lib being system installed, or including
it in the bundle?

No, don' t include in the bundle, they go to be system installed. (But they don' t need to be installed during build, we use the use_liblocal option for build time.) Guitarix app need them as well (and install them) if they build-ed as shared libs. Maybe it is time to break them out of guitarix and offer them as separate lib-package? (there is also the --lib-dev configure option to install the headers and *.pc files as well, there is a python wrapper for it, and it comes with Glade support)
just found a Reference page at sourcearchive:
http://guitarix.sourcearchive.com/documentation/0.20.2-2/dirs.html
it's from a older version, but there have not so much changed in the libs.

The guitarix LV2 work is highly inspire by this tutorial from Harry Harren

http://harryhaaren.blogspot.de/2012/07/writing-lv2-guis-making-it-look-snazzy.html
and needs your latest LV2 specs 1.2.0
and this is how it looks now, thanks to Richard Dalton
http://www.Ampskindesigns.com
http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6410/bildschirmfotovom201212.png
Cool.  I admit to having never tried Guitarix, but being able to get rid
of my POD will be nice :)
The LV2 plug runs well in your jalv host, that's the host I use for developing. Now, it also runs fine in qtractor-svn, after Rui have added support for lv2 1.2.0 somewhat quick.:-)

unfortunately a bug in the sourceforge GIT browser makes it nearly
impossible to browse the source online.
No worries.  I'll check it out (literally) some time over the holidays

-dr
Hope you enjoy it a bit :-)

regards
hermann