On 04/08/2013 03:29 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 8:23 AM, Raphaël BOLLEN <raphael.bol...@mobistar.be
<mailto:raphael.bol...@mobistar.be>> wrote:

    On 04/08/2013 02:09 PM, Harry van Haaren wrote:

        On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM, Raphaël BOLLEN
<raphael.bol...@mobistar.be
        <mailto:raphael.bol...@mobistar.be>
        <mailto:raphael.bollen@__mobistar.be
<mailto:raphael.bol...@mobistar.be>>> wrote:

             Hi Harry, thanks for the information.

        Your welcome!
        I'm intrested in what kind of JACK program you're working on..?

    It's yet another audio file player. My main interest (apart from playing
audio :-) ) is that it
    makes permanent connections to jack instead of connecting / disconnecting
when changing audio files.

all the xmms-based players do this (xmms, beep, beep2, audacious)

gstreamer based players also do this across files, but not above play/stop.

Thanks Paul, these are really fine programs but mostly for playing stereo music. I need to play mono, stereo and 4 or more channels files on a headless system so it's a bit of a corner case application...

Cheers

--
Raphaël.