Hi David!
Feb 21 2023, David Moreno Montero has written:

If you are worried, I would try to use alsa sequencer queues,
I'm working with RtMidi. I don't think I have access to that low level.
Anyway, a back of the napkin calculation shows that the old MIDI protocol
at 32650 kbit/sec needs around 245 022 us to send a byte. Missing a byte
should not make a huge difference. So you can not really get more precise
than that.. on old DIN5 MIDI. USB MIDI is faster but many times limited by
the same speed for compatibility.
Thank you. This is helpful. Maybe I should just give it a go, make up an
actual clock rate and see what the delay on my outboard synth does. I'm
definitely below that value.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

Skip on the drinks Head to the floor
Makin' my way Past the show
My body's taken over And I want some more <3
(Britney Spears)