Hi Florian,
thanks for your considered response and questions. Here's my goal and
progress so far...
Feb 22 2023, Florian Paul Schmidt has written:
Are you trying to implement MIDI Time
Code (MTC) or MIDI Clock (MC)? Are you trying to implement changing the
timing of incoming MIDI events? Or something else completely?
I'm trying to create a MIDI clock, here's the example code I use, based
on the midiclock.cpp example that comes with rtmidi:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0bh9pxsqzmar5j/midiclock.cpp
I could use the boost thread library, which allows to set thread
attributes of the underlying thread library (pthread), which appears to
be a little more precies.

The example shows that, most of the time, the clock is quite good. But
ever so often the clock stumbles quite audibly.

I'm working towards a kind of sequencer application with quantised and
unquantised events. I suppose unquantised is relative. Let's say adapted
microtiming to an internal clock at a higher rate (five or ten times
faster). That may include filtering or otherwise modifying events.

So many things yet to work out. Currently it's a "study project" to
understand "all things MIDI" and working out/finding solutions to many
of the involved challenges.

Best wishes and thanks agian,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c