On Fri, 18 Jan 2002 17:03:55 -0000
"Tony Lambley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Back in the 80's people were using the Synclavier for audio on video
> productions. I know they were serious beasts, but I doubt they would have
> kept all that data in RAM. The latter Fairlights were probably similar.
> Anyone have any first hand experience of them?

I used to work at Fairlight (long after the CMI days). I still have friends
there and one in particular knows the guts and implementation of the CMI
very well. I'll quiz him on this subject.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Yes it's valid)
A sufficiently advanced programming error is
indistinguishable from the Windows 95 Operating System.