On Mon, 15 Apr 2002 20:24:06 +0200
Frank Barknecht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> Dave Phillips hat gesagt: // Dave Phillips wrote:
>
> > OTOH, (and as you say, to be fair), MusE apparently does now compile
> > under 2.96 so I'm wondering whether the path of least resistance is to
> > simply reinstall RH 7.2 on this machine and plan on a Debian install to
> > a new disk.
>
> Installing Debian is actually a good choice. I found, that most (not
> all) people who installed Debian once, stayed with it since then. Me,
> too.

And me!
Debian is, once you get used to it, probably the best OS in the world!
I can't see how you can live with other distros now - trying to use redhat and all
those just makes package management a nightmare!

> So I recommend you go with a decent supplier of cd-images for Debian
> "testing"...

Yeah, the only problem is the 'stable' release is always way too old.
For me, its gotta be "unstable". I cant stand knowing theres a newer version out
there! ;-)

nick