Marek Peteraj wrote:

On Sat, 2004-04-10 at 19:42, Simon Jenkins wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

IANAL, but I'm 99% sure that when you give someone a GPLd executable, you're only obligated to provide that one person with the sources, not the "general public" (read: everyone on earth).

True. Just that one person.

That's what i meant by describing the extent to which the 'general public' rule applies.

It might be what you meant... but it flatly contradicts what you *said*.

IAAL, although i'm not saying i'm a good one ;)

Do you defend "difficult cases" by any chance? Cos you're pretty good at
obfuscation, thats for sure. If ever I'm accused of something I'm guilty of
(erm... again...) I want you on my team! :)

Simon Jenkins