Hi, thre Madi cards in one PC is a great idea. But the real trick is getting the CPU to process 192 ins onto 192 outs!

I also saw the typo and I hate hand generating long lists of incremented values, which is quite error prone. So I wrote a script (attached). I tried it out with our Madi cards. By experementing I have found that multi card works with <= 32 channels per card for two cards!! So max of 64 in/outs. where is this from ?! I had increased the max port count to 256 but that didn't help.

-joachim

Clemens Ladisch wrote:
Audio Developer wrote:

     bindings.112.slave b;
     bindings.112.channel 56;

This is the 113th channel.

pcm.hdspm_112 {
     type multi;
     slaves.a.pcm hdspm_0;
     slaves.a.channels 56;
     slaves.b.pcm hdspm_1;
     slaves.b.channels 56;
     bindings.0.slave a;
     bindings.0.channel 0;
     bindings.1.slave a;
     bindings.1.channel 1;

The same definition could be written in the following form:

pcm.hdspm_112 {
        type multi
        slaves.a {
                pcm hdspm_0
                channels 56
        }
        slaves.b {
                pcm hdspm_1
                channels 56
        }
        bindings [
                { slave a channel  0 }
                { slave a channel  1 }
                { slave a channel  2 }
                { slave a channel 55 }
                { slave b channel  0 }
                { slave b channel 55 }
        ]
}

HTH
Clemens

--
Joachim Deguara                         Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fraunhofer IDMT, Langewiesener St. 22, 98693 Ilmenau, Germany