> > There are public-domain RTOSes available that are suitable for this
 > > task. To those, you can add drivers for USB and FAT32. Without an
 > > RTOS to give you hard real-time scheduling, you have no chance to
 > > achieve the rock-steady timing that the MPC currently has.
that sucks. that really does. because my linux systems have the same
rock steady timing as the MPC. actually, their timing is even better
than the MPC. somebody must have made a mistake around here.

i assure you, linux performs on par with "other public-domain RTOSes" in the real-time department, in the right hands .. like all good instruments ..

--

;

Jay Vaughan