Am Freitag 11 Dezember 2009 16:27:54 schrieb Edward Shishkin:
> Johannes Hirte wrote:

> >> Yes, this patch is for Fedora. For other distros
> >> some issues are possible, so please be careful..
> >
> > I've also tested now with the fedora sources. There is the same bug. The
> > btrfs patch breaks the filesystem detection. All filesystems after btrfs
> > in fsys_table aren't detected. Moving btrfs to the end of fsys_table is a
> > workaround but will interfere with FFS. So this should better be fixed in
> > the btrfs-part of grub, so that it:
> >
> > a) doesn't missdetect a JFS filesystem as btrfs
> > b) doesn't break the detection for remaining filesystems in the array.
>
> Hello.
>
> Yes, I confirm that xfs, etc. file systems are not detected,
> but missdetection jfs as btrfs looks rather fantastic :)
>
> Please, try the attached patch. Report if any problems.

The patch works, but the problem with misdetected JFS filesystem still
persists. It happens if the device contained a btrfs filesystem before. I
assume that the JFS super block starts later on the device as the btrfs one do
and jfs_mkfs doesn't clean the space ahead of the JFS super block. So if a JFS
filesystem is created on a device that contained a btrfs before, btrfs_mount
still detects the beginning of the old btrfs super block and reads crap later
on.
To avoid this, btrfs detection could be placed after JFS. Are there any
objections against this?

regards,
  Johannes