Hi,

We can delete snapshot with btrfsctl -D . It's available for
your btrfs-progs version.

And parameters of btrfsctl -s/S are not coherent at the last
argument.
In creating snapshots, the last argument implies the directory
where subvolume is to be created, but in taking snapshots,
the last argument implies subvolume we take snapshot of, and
snapshots are created under current directory.

So,
> shell>  btrfsctl  -s rsync-snap rsync
> operation complete

snapshot rsync-snap is created under current directory, and,

> Btrfs v0.19-4-gab8fb4c-dirty
> shell>  btrfsctl  -S rsync-snap rsync
> operation complete

subvolume rsync-snap is created under rsync directory in current
directory. They are created under different directories.

Regards,
taruisi