For now, subvolumes and snapshots look like just directories.
If you want to distinguish them, there's only an unusual way,
that is, analyzing with btrfs-debug-tree.

I posted patches for listing snapshots/subvolumes two months ago,
and Josef Bacik posted its bugfix patch. This feature may be
delivered in sooner or later.
If you want to try it now, check these URLs.
  http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/60923/raw/
  http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/60920/raw/
  http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/67332/raw/
Patches and requests are welcome.