Hi al-Quaknaa,

I guess the reason is that the 300M file btrfs and the one on your
partition have different block size. Thus 65k zeros on your file image
doesn't mean 65k on the partition. So maybe you will try with blocks
instead of bytes.

The man page for mkfs.btrfs is bad for having no description about what
will be going on if an option(-s this case) is not provided. A fix block
size such as 1k, 4k or calculated per the partition(s) size.

thanks,
wengang.