On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 10:19:45PM -0500, Chris Ball wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Chris Mason has posted a bunch of interesting updates to the
> Project_ideas wiki page.  If you're interested in working on any
> of these, feel free to speak up and ask for more information if
> you need it.  Here are the new sections, for the curious:
>
> == Block group reclaim ==
>
> The split between data and metadata block groups means that we
> sometimes have mostly empty block groups dedicated to only data or
> metadata.  As files are deleted, we should be able to reclaim these
> and put the space back into the free space pool.
>
> We also need rebalancing ioctls that focus only on specific raid
> levels.

> == Changing RAID levels ==
>
> We need ioctls to change between different raid levels.  Some of these
> are quite easy -- e.g. for RAID0 to RAID1, we just halve the available
> bytes on the fs, then queue a rebalance.

   I would be interested in the rebalancing ioctls, and in RAID level
management. I'm still very much trying to learn the basics, though, so
I may go very slowly at first...

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: h...@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
    --- We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty! ---