On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 03:03:30PM +0200, Andreas Philipp wrote:

> On 27.06.2011 14:43, David Sterba wrote:
> > On Sun, Jun 26, 2011 at 10:10:22PM +0100, Hugo Mills wrote:
> >> I've just updated the btrfs-progs integration branch I've been
> >> keeping. Not a huge amount new since last time:
> >>
> >> Andreas Philipp (1):
> >> print parent ID in btrfs subvolume list
> >
> > dunno if this has been mentioned already, but this change breaks
> > xfstests/254 and needs a patch once merged.
> Sorry, I was not aware of the problem with xfstests/254. But as far as

   I've not seen anything to that effect reported. I haven't been
running xfstests regularly, though...

> I see, xfstests/254 tests explicitly for subvolume/snapshot features
> in btrfs and uses a specific filter to parse the output of btrfs
> subvolume list. If this output changes (without introducing another
> error), then "only" the test is broken.
> Any suggestions on how to change the patch? Maybe adding a flag (-p ?)
> to add the parent ID in the output and leave the standard output
> untouched?

   That has the benefit of not breaking existing code that attempts to
parse it. Anything else is going to need xfstests/254 (and any other
users of the interface) to work out which version it's trying to parse
and dealing with it appropriately.

   Hugo.

      --- If it's December 1941 in Casablanca,  what time is it ---
                              in New York?